Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 52
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
Max rounded into the parking with impatience. He knew Liz was there. He could feel it. He could feel her. And it was painful. Painful that he knew his love and beauty was so close but he couldn’t touch her yet. How he longed for that moment when he could finally swoop her into his arms, and never ever let her leave again. When he could kiss her, and taste her sweet, tender lips, claiming them as his own. And not in just some dream world but in this real world where fears and trials troubled you, yet as long as he had the one his love, everything would turn out all right.

“BAMBI!” Kyle squealed from the backseat. He jumped out of the jeep as soon as it neared a full stop. Hurling his body against the cool metal of his car, he placed kisses all over his Bambi’s hood.

The three podsters stepped out of the jeep afterwards, each burning with strength and authority. These three held the key to worlds unknown just by the way they rendered themselves to others, but felt much deeper inside. The King, outside glorified and strong, but inside trembling, as he was so close to his love yet with only bittersweet memories of loneliness in the recent days.

The rebel, best friend and brother stood boldly with energy propelling through his whole body, but internally he was relieved, terrified and angry all at the same time. It took much strength to remind himself that at least their Court had finally assembled together again at last.

And last but never least, the Princess radiated arrogance and superiority beyond confidence, but never revealing to the public her inner feelings. To be naïve and vulnerable only showed weakness, something she could not afford in the public’s eye.

And Ben looked on in awe, Sandy in distaste and distrust.

“Oh… hey, uh, M-Michael…” said Maria, the first words to be spoken since the new arrivals other than Kyle’s giddy squeal. She was trying to shift away from Michael. He looked pissed. Really pissed at her.

“What, uh, a nice surprise. Who would of thought of meeting y’all here?” Maria gave a nervous laugh while slowly taking another few steps back. Her awkwardness was disrupted when a loud sigh was heard from their King.

“Liz,” whispered Max, taking a shaky step towards her, his eyes glued to her petite and seemingly tired body. The authentic smile that graced her gorgeous face was too precious to forget. That smile was just for him, just for his eyes, and he despised the idea of anyone else seeing it. Yet before he could even take another step in Liz’s direction, Michael was already engulfing her in an embrace.

“Lizzie bear,” he whispered into her ear, as if just saying her name made it more real. His sister was okay and all right and breathing and living. “I missed you.”

Liz felt herself turning into a big, mushy puddle of love suddenly. She had been missing all of her friends for so long, and poof! They appear. It was sort of hard to absorb. It was all happening so fast.

“Michael!” Liz exclaimed softly. She was returning his hug, and kissed his cheek sweetly before pulling away. Looking up into his eyes, she added, “I missed you too, big bro.” She cracked him a grin. Michael playfully messed up her hair, causing her to punch his arm.

“Hey Liz,” Isabel addressed. She gave Liz a quick hug, momentarily letting her guard down. But she was still disturbed as to why those two strangers were watching them so intently. So lifting her guard back up, she stepped away from Liz. It was that whole weakness thing again.

“Hey Izzy,” Liz replied, cocking her a smile. Even if Isabel refused to let Liz in, Liz would still love her. Isabel has a heart of gold, it’s just she rarely lets people see it. Besides, her and Isabel were practically sisters.

Liz turned to Max, flashing him another smile. The longing in his eyes penetrated her, and she couldn’t hold back any longer. She ran to his arms and embraced him tightly, her arms circling his neck. The yearning that they both had been holding inside for so long was finally being released. Max’s arms easily slipped around her body, and he drank in her precious scent, her honeyed skin, her tiny figure. He missed her, and she missed him. Plain and simple.

“Liz, oh Liz, I love you,” Max whispered to Liz, letting only her cherished ears hear the deep ache that resided within for her.

“Max,” responded Liz, lightly. Her lips found his and they finally connected in a way they had been missing for so long. Nothing could surpass this feeling where life was just so perfect for that one moment. Their lips fused together, not demanding but tender and gentle, and their arms twisted around each other in warm embrace.

“I don’t know who’s more entangled, Liz and Max, or Kyle and Bambi,” Michael muttered. He stepped up and clapped his hands loudly in Max’s ear. “Ok, that’s enough face sucking. Break it up.” He physically pulled Max’s lips from Liz’s, interfering with the make out session for now. Max may be his best friend and king, but Liz was still his sister and that came first.

Liz blushed at her obvious loss of control but Max just grinned goofily, keeping his arm tight around her waist. Nothing could faze him right now.

Michael on the other hand, was evaluating the situation, like any good commander would. “You,” Michael rudely pointed to Ben and Sandy. “Who are you?”

“Michael,” Liz said patiently. “These our are friends Ben and Sandy Fisher. They knew Adam before he came to Roswell.” Michael just grunted causing Liz to roll her eyes. He could be so anti-social.

“And who the hell are all of you?” Sandy questioned. She’s a spicy one, Michael thought. He knew too many spitfires as it was.

“And what in God’s name are you doing to that car?” Sandy asked Kyle, who was still smothering his car in kisses.

Without moving from his spot, he replied, “Kyle Valenti. And I’m just reuniting with my beautiful Bambi.” Emphasizing his point, he placed a loving kiss on his windshield. Sandy wrinkled her nose in disgust.

“You know, you seem kind of bitchy,” Michael stated flatly. Sandy’s eyes flashed towards him, venom shooting out. Michael just shrugged his shoulders.

Liz looked confusedly at the group who just arrived, pointedly paying no attention Michael’s ignorance. “Kyle, ah, what are you doing here?”

Many pairs of eyes turned to her in question, and then turned to each other.

No one told her?

He didn’t tell her?

She didn’t tell her?

Why didn’t anyone tell her?

“Uh, we thought he’d be great company. Yup. Isabel and Kyle really hit it off,” Michael added with a smirk, wanting to leave questions for later. For the second time that night, venom eyes turned to him.

“No, Michael, I think you’re mistaken. I do believe you’re the one that has a crush on Valenti. Or did you forget about telling me how hot you thought he looked in his jeans?” Isabel put her hands on her hips in an act of anger. Kyle peeked at his ass. Hmm, not bad, Valenti, not bad at all. Perky as usual.

“Isabel,” Michael said with sickening sweetness. “Don’t worry about Alex, he won’t be hurt. Probably thinks you and Kyle would make a great couple, right, Whitman?” Alex looked over at them and shrugged.

“Yeah, sure, whatever.” Isabel’s eyes widened at Alex’s lack of interest.

Maria glanced at the increasingly terrible scene and quickly defused it.

“Well, it looks like we’re all going to have to bunk here for the night, so uh, me and Isabel will go get some rooms.” Maria grabbed Isabel’s arm, and dragged her away from the group.

Silence filled the air for a moment before Sandy gave an irritated sigh.

“You never told me who the hell you all are and what the hell you’re doing here.”

Kyle finally slid off his car, but not without giving Bambi one last kiss. He walked over to Sandy and circled around her. Eyeing her suspiciously, he stopped right in front of her line of vision. Giving her one more look over, he tossed over to Michael, “You’re right, she does seem kind of bitchy.” Kyle then walked over to Ben, eyeing him suspiciously before leaning in and saying, “Your sister is kind of hot, though.” Kyle winked at him before settling himself next to Adam.

“Dude, what the hell is wrong with you?” Ben yelled. “That’s my SISTER.” All Kyle did was grin and shrug.

Liz rubbed her forehead in frustration. The day had been long and well, this night was just ending in stupidity.

“Ben, Sandy, that jackass is Kyle. Ignore him please. And while you’re at it, ignore Michael. He’s my brother and well, just isn’t very bright.” Michael feigned hurt but Liz rolled her eyes at his failed attempt. She continued with the informal introductions.

“You both know Alex and Maria, and the girl with Maria right now is Isabel. And this,” Liz smiled, cuddling closer to Max, “This is Max. Isabel’s brother.”

“And Liz’s boyfriend,” added Max, for good measure. He pulled Liz closer, leaving a small kiss on her head. She flashed him a playful smile.

“Well, nice to meet you Max,” Ben replied, smiling. He seemed nice enough, but Max knew not to throw caution to the wind, especially with his beauty around.

“So you two-” Sandy pointed to Max and Liz “-are together?” Max and Liz nodded and he gave Liz another peck on the cheek.

“What brings the whole gang to the town of Sunny Oaks?” Ben asked, deciding to avoid the previous topic.

“Well, we, uh, all missed Liz and Adam, thought we’d join them on their little trip,” Max responded quickly. Another fake grin.

“How nice,” Sandy replied sarcastically. Her crossed arms illustrated her obvious annoyance with the whole situation in general.

Kyle retorted, “You should really loosen up. Maybe take a-”

“No more, please. No more bickering tonight, please guys,” Adam’s tired voice sounded. Max realized it was the first time he spoke since they had arrived. The guy looked tired, worn and completely rundown. For once, Max actually sympathized with the guy. Whatever happened to him looked bad, and he deserved some peace.

Liz peeled herself away from Max’s side unexpectedly and gave Adam a hug. Whispering something into his ear, she gave him an understanding smile and pushed him towards the motel room. Adam gave a grateful look and turned around just to add, “I’m out for the night. Max, I’m assuming you and Liz will spend tonight together, so send whomever to my room for the night. I’ll talk to you all tomorrow.” Adam pulled out his key and unlocked the door, pushing his tired body into the room.

“He looks worn-out,” Max whispered into Liz’s ear after he tugged her back to his side.

“Long night,” Liz murmured back. She kissed his cheek softly. “I’ll tell you about it later.”

Just then, Maria and Isabel came striding back towards them. Maria pranced towards Max and Liz, handing them a key.

“We figured you two would want your own room. Heaven forbid any of us hear your moans throughout the night,” Maria teased, throwing Max a wink. Turning to the rest of the group, she added, “Izzy and I decided that we get the other room, and you boys get to bunk with Adam.”

“Max and Liz are NOT staying together. For that matter, Maria, you and Iz aren’t staying alone either,” protested Michael sternly.

“Me girl, you boy. Got to stick with my home girl, right, Iz?” Maria bumped hips with Isabel, but she barely made a move. Isabel gave Alex one last glance before quietly heading inside her motel room. Alex shrugged again and slipped into Adam’s room.

“Well, that went well,” muttered Maria. “C’mon, space boy, I don’t want to spend the night alone with the Ice Princess any more.” Maria waved to the rest of the group.

“Night guys. I’ll see you around, Benny Poo. And Max, I’ll be disappointed if I hear Liz moan.” Maria slid beside Max and whispered to him, “She better be screaming.” Giving him one more wink, she grabbed Michael’s hand and slipped into their motel room before he could object any more to Liz and Max being alone.

“God, they’re embarrassing,” Liz mumbled. She turned to Sandy and Ben and asked if they were going to head home.

“Sounds like a plan,” Ben replied. “You guys going to be around in the morning? Maybe we’ll stop by for breakfast or something.” Sandy was about to protest but Liz answered first.

“Sounds great. We’ll see you two tomorrow.” Liz waved goodbye to them.

Max glanced at Kyle, who was standing quietly off to the side. “You going to bed, man?” Kyle shook his head.

“I’m going to spend the night with my Bambi. We need to catch up.” Grinning, Kyle hopped into the front seat of his car and cuddled up in the seat, whispering the newest details of his life.

Part 51 | Index | Part 53
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.