Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 21
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
“So how was your night?” Alex asked as Maria and Michael climbed into the limo. He leaned back against his seat, wrapping his arm around Isabel’s shoulder and took a look at the entering couple. Maria’s previous neat, tidy hair was now disheveled and lay limply in a hasty ponytail. Michael’s own hair stuck out at its own accord, not like its usual wavy length. He was already out of his suit and in a pair of jeans and a lazy t-shirt.

“You know what? Never mind, I don’t want to know,” Alex remarked after the sum of their appearance. Maria rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him.

“Whatever Alex! Like you weren’t doing anything in this spacious limo. Or at least fantasizing about doing something!” Alex’s face reddened and he shut his mouth instantly.

“What’s that?” Isabel asked, pointing to the shiny ring that was lying on Maria’s finger. She obviously wanted to change subjects. But then she realized what she changed the subject to. “He didn’t!” She turned to Michael, who looked like an innocent deer caught in the glare of headlights. “You didn’t!”

“Hah! No! I don’t think so, Miss Evans,” Maria snorted. “It’s called a promise ring.” She grinned and held her hand out for Isabel to admire the ring. The silver band was decorated in a round cut diamond surrounded by two emeralds. Alex whistled.

“Oh, I bet I can just imagine WHAT he promised too! Woo, must have cost a few bucks there, Guerin. Very smooth.” Alex smirked, and Michael did the same in response.

“Apparently, Maria thought so too.” Michael gestured to her wrinkled appearance, and received a loud smack on his arm.

“If I didn’t like this ring so much, I’d throw it at you!” Maria glared at Michael, crossing her arms across her chest. He went to touch her arm and she jerked her body away from him. He rolled his eyes and leaned against the door, looking out the window. Maria’s livid eyes stared a hole into the back of his head.

Alex and Isabel exchanged looks. Damage control.

“So, I hope Max and Liz are still up,” Isabel piped. Michael’s head jerked his head towards Isabel, his eyes blazing.

“And why the hell wouldn’t they be?” Michael glowered. Isabel looked towards Alex, not sure what to say. Michael didn’t know about the elaborate balcony dress up, and he was pissed enough as it was.

“Oh, cool your jets, space boy,” Maria muttered. “They’re not STUPID. They wanted time alone, what the hell do you think they were doing?”

“If he-”

“Michael, we’re talking about Max here, Captain Responsible. Not going to happen,” Alex assured Michael. “We’ve been hiding from an alien who wants Liz’s to behr his child. They probably just did some friendly hand holing and making fun of you.” Alex KNEW there was more than just some friendly hand holding going on, but an enraged, domineering older brother and alien was more than he wanted to deal with at that moment.

Michael gritted his teeth. If Max even thought about doing something-

“MICHAEL. STOP THOSE WHEELS IN YOUR HEAD.” Maria glared at Michael. Knowing him, he would probably storm up into Liz’s room and beat the crap out of Max for just being in the presence of Liz. This overprotective bit was starting to get on her nerves. What the hell made him get so protective of Liz anyway? Whatever it was, he wasn’t going to ruin whatever happiness Liz and Max have. She was not going to let him destroy what is supposed to be a perfect night for the two lovebirds.

“Oh, look, the Crashdown,” Isabel stated flatly. She stepped out of the limo, Alex right behind her. Maria and Michael followed while Isabel completed some business with the chauffeur. The two couples stalked their way into the dark alley behind the restaurant, and entered through the back. Michael effectively unlocked the door with his powers. They quietly made their way up the stairs to find an empty, quiet apartment. Before Michael could storm to Liz’s room, Maria stopped him.

“Don’t even think about going near Liz’s room. Alex and I are going to tell them we’re here.” She trudged over to Alex and grabbed his arm, dragging him towards Liz’s room. Isabel’s humoured voice was the last thing they heard as they moved out of the room. “Michael, you’re in the DOGHOUSE tonight!”

Part 20 | Index | Part 22
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.