Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 20
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
Max and Liz waved to the parting limo that held their friends. Maria and Michael were being dropped off at Michael’s, and Isabel and Alex were going to take a long cruise in the limo. Max and Liz were currently standing outside the Crashdown. It had taken a couple days to convince Michael and Adam to let Max and Liz have some private time tonight, but fortunately they had won the war. The only rule was that they would all come back to Liz’s apartment at spend the night there together. Though they weren’t sure about Adam, he could still be under the wrath of Sherri.

Max pulled Liz to him and kissed her lightly on the forehead. She smiled and curled against his body. They walked to the door and quickly stepped inside the restaurant. Before Liz could walk any further, Max’s hand pulled her back, halting her. He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a long, silk scarf.

“Before I give you your surprise, you need this,” Max said, grinning. He placed the scarf around in front of her eyes, tying it at the back of head. She giggled, feeling kind of silly with the blindfold.

“Buster, this better be a good surprise,” Liz replied. She put her hands on her hips, with a mock glare on her face. He just chuckled at her stance. Before she could say another word, she was swept off the ground and placed gently in Max’s arm. She let a loud squeal out, startled by the sudden movement.

“Max! What are you doing?” Liz cried, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. Max let out a chuckle again, as she continued to tighten her arms around him.

“Liz! You’re going to have to ease up your arms or I’m going to suffocate!” Liz stuck out her tongue, accidentally licking his face due to the severe lack of vision. Max groaned.

“And you can’t do that either, or I’m going to drop you,” Max commented. She smiled and laid her head on his shoulder. She felt him carrying her up the stairs in the back of restaurant and up into the apartment. Liz heard her apartment door swing open, unlocked probably by Max’s powers. But before she could contemplate her trip through the apartment, Max carefully placed her on her feet. She went to take off her blindfold, but he stopped her fingers.

“Nuh uh, not yet. I’ll be right back.” He kissed her cheek tenderly and then left her side. She heard a window slide open and him climb out. So I must be in my bedroom. The question is, what’s he doing on my balcony? She waited (somewhat) patiently, her hands moving restlessly at her side. All of a sudden, she heard a soft song begin to play in the background.

On a perfect day I know that I can count on you When that's not possible Tell me, can you weather the storm 'Cause I need somebody who will stand by me Through the good times and bad times She will always, always be right there

Liz grinned at the song. She loves this song, and Max knew that. What was that scheming little boy planning?

“Okay, you can take off the blindfold.” Liz whipped the scarf off and took a step towards her window. Max was crouching right in front of the window, so she couldn’t see behind him. He reached out for her hand and helped her out onto the balcony.

Liz’s eyes widened in astonishment at the sight that rest before her eyes. Her balcony was brightly lined in glowing tea lights, illuminating in the dark night. The floor below her small feet was ultimately lined in layers and layers of soft, red clusters of satin. On top of the material, petals of white roses were scattered in multiple piles. In the middle of the balcony was a large circle, outlined in long, ivory candlesticks and more white rose petals. Inside the ring, lay an unopened bottle, two wine glasses, and a pile of billowy, velvet pillows.

“Oh my god,” Liz breathed. This was beautiful… absolutely breathtaking.

“Max… Max, when did you do this?” Liz asked, unable to tear her eyes away from the sight that melted her heart. The sight in which Max had ever so lovingly prepared for just them and their time alone together.

Liz felt Max’s arms wrap around her waist from behind her. He kissed the side of her neck lightly before whispering delicately in her ear.

“Before we came-” Max nibbled her ear “-to pick you-” kiss “-and Maria-” nibble “-up.” He leaned down, towards the side of her neck, and kissed it gently, tenderly.

“Oh, Max, this is just so… so…beautiful.”

“Beautiful? The only beautiful I see here is you.” His tongue flicked over her neck, eliciting a moan from Liz. She closed her eyes and rolled her head to the side. Max just smiled, and pulled his lips away from her salty taste.

“Not just yet, my beauty.” Max stepped in front of her and took her hand, leading his lady over to the large circle. He swooped her up into his hefty arms, and crossed over the candlestick barrier. He set his love down in the mountain of pillows, letting herself crawl into its cozy comfort. Max placed his hand over the candles and they all immediately lit. He looked down at the beauty lying below him, her magnificence glimmering even more so by the luminosity of the candles. He lowered his body behind hers, laying out his legs so the beauty could curl up between them. He raised his hand towards the stereo and upped the volume.

Sunny days
Everybody loves them
Tell me
Can you stand the rain
Storms will come
This we know for sure
Can you stand the rain

Max draped his arms around Liz’s body again, leaving a light trail of kisses down the side of her neck. He couldn’t get enough of the sugary sweetness taste of her. If he could spend a lifetime doing this, just breathing her, he would die a euphoric death.

“Max,” the beauty called. Max barely moaned a response.

“Are you excited?” she asked. Max grunted, as if asking her what she was talking about.

“About UCLA, about us, about our life that we’re going to be starting.” Max barely nodded his head.

“We’re going to have our own apartment, and be going to the same university. I’ll be the molecular biologist that I’ve always wanted to be, and you’ll be the lawyer your dad wants you to be.” Another slight nod. He continued to kiss her to oblivion.

“Max,” Liz giggled. “Max, what are those?” She asked, pointing to the wine bottle and the glasses accompanying it. Max actually lifted his lips away, and focused on what Liz was pointing at.

“Ah, well, you see, my darling, that would be sparkling apple juice. Boring, I know, but uh, previous experiences have taught me not to drink.” He continued to kiss his beauty, his hands roaming amorously on her waist. He made no move to get Liz a glass.

“Well, Mr. Evans, aren’t you going to pour me a glass?” Liz teased, lacing her fingers with his. He knew just where and how to touch her.

“Nope.”

“No?” She asked, mocking incredulously.

“Too busy.” Emphasizing his point, he pulled her body closer and moved his lips further down her gorgeous body to her bare, glistening shoulder. His lips grazed her exquisite skin, tasting all of its flavor and rewards.

“Max,” Liz’s soft voice sighed. She turned her body and pushed him downwards until he was lying back on the pillows. Liz lay down on top of him, capturing his lips with her own. Max’s hand moved to her neck, grazing its skin with the stroke of his thumb. His other hand lay on the small of her back, keeping her firmly fit to his own body. He instantly missed the heat of Liz’s lips when she pulled away and began a path of kisses down his chin and to his neck. Her tongue began to play its part, leaving its own trail down her love’s neck. Liz’s petite hands rose to Max’s dress shirt, promptly unfastening the buttons that lie in her way. Before fully realized by her love, the shirt was completely open and showing off his eye-catching, muscular chest to the world. Liz’s sharp intake of breath proved to Max that she fancied his well-built muscles, and she immediately browsed his chest with the delicacy of her fingers.

Love unconditional
I'm not asking this of you
We've got to make it last
I'll do whatever needs to be done
'Cause I need somebody who will stand by me
Through the good times and bad times
She will always, always be right there

Liz pulled Max’s arms out of the sleeves of his now useless shirt. She threw the garment away from their heated bodies. Her fingers carried on its path, creeping down his chest to his washboard stomach. Her lips soon followed, gracing his craving skin.

Sunny days
Everybody loves them
Tell me
Can you stand the rain
Storms will come
This we know for sure
Can you stand the rain

Max’s body couldn’t stand the lack of movement, so his hands accepted a life of their own. His hands traced up Liz’s back, up to the concealed zipper of her dress. The strident sound of the descending zipper rippled into the night, but was still unnoticed by the occupied lovers. Max pushed the dress down Liz’s body until it had no more use and was no more of a hindrance to him. He gently pushed Liz away from his body and rolled her on to her back. He smiled lovingly at her and was returned with an even grander smile.

“Liz Parker, I love you,” Max whispered into her ear as he bent down to kiss her.

“And I love you,” Liz murmured back, meeting his lips with her own.

No pressure
No pressure from me baby
'Cause I want you
And I need you
And I love you
Will you be there for me?

Max’s hand drifted up to Liz’s soft breast, caressing it gently with his very capable fingers. Liz’s own hands drifted downwards towards his belt buckle, quickly undoing it and whipping it off, becoming another member of the pile of Max’s clothes. Their lips still fused together in a devoted embrace, hands wandering freely and affectionately. Liz wasted no time in undoing Max’s pants, adding yet another futile piece of clothing to the pile.

All the while, Max’s hands were going about their own way, slowly working off the interference of Liz’s bra. The once firmly held breasts were now free, and were blessing Max with their naked presence. He sighed inaudibly and caressed the milky mounds that made his body so heated, so intense with pleasure.

In the background, the lovers barely heard the next song take its place…

I'll give my all
Or not at all
There's no in between
I'll give my best
Won't second guess
This feeling deep in me
You make me want to love you
With every breath I'll love you
Endlessly
I'll give my heart, give my soul
I won't hold back, I'll give you everything
All of me
Completely

Liz’s hand continued their journey, traveling underneath Max’s silk boxers. She found the treasure she was looking for, much to Max’s pleasure. Max had difficulties keeping up with her passionate lips when her hands began to stroke his obvious arousal. A strangled moan erupted from his mouth, making Liz chuckle, but not lessen her hardening caress.

You fill me up with your love
Oh, I just overflow
When we touch, I can't get enough
And I want you to know
You make me want to love you
With every breath I'll love you
Endlessly
I'll give my heart, give my soul
I won't hold back, I'll give you everything
All of me
Completely

Max decided to fight fire with fire, and pulled his lips away from the warm comfort of their lips embrace. He let his lips voyage down towards Liz’s waiting breasts, kissing the tops first. Licking his lips seductively, he glanced up at Liz’s burning eyes and quickly latched his lips to her impatient nipples. The fiery moan that escaped Liz’s luscious lips nearly made Max lose his mind. But the Liz’s response only riled him up more, and his hand slipped to Liz’s lonely breast.

“Max,” Liz moaned quietly. “Make love to me.”

The cool, breezy air hit Max’s bare legs with an intense rush. His constant stroke and caress of Liz’s body immediately ceased, reality hitting him hard. This was bad. Michael was going to KILL him if he ever found out. Liz and him were lying out here, virtually naked, on the brink of driving each other crazy (if they weren’t already there yet, that is). OH, this was so bad.

“Max?” Liz’s apprehensive voice questioned, a bit louder than before. “Max? What’s a matter?” Max’s body jerked upwards, instantly in an upright sitting position. He scooted away from Liz, afraid to touch her. Oh, Michael would absolutely slaughter him if he found Liz and him like this.

Max handed Liz her bra, and her dress, still not saying a word to her. He wasn’t even sure he could get a sane word out with her undressed and so beautiful like that.

Liz, on the other hand, was extremely hurt. What had she done to turn him off so much? He had made her feel oh-so-good, and she didn’t want him to stop. Maybe he didn’t want her, or maybe he realized she wasn’t the one. Or maybe…

“Liz,” Max choked as he saw the near-breaking dam of Liz’s tears. She leaped up, and used her wrinkled dress to cover up her exposed skin. Liz ran out of the lit circle and off her balcony, stumbling into her room. A nearly naked Max followed her.

“Liz, wait!” He went to grab her arm, but she was too quick for him and was out of his grasp. She rushed to her bathroom and slammed the door shut, locking it.

“If you even attempt to unlock this door, I swear I’ll kill you!” Liz’s angry voice screeched. Max, torn, leaned against the bathroom door and slid down so that he sat against it. He slumped his head against the door, unsure of what to say.

“Liz, please, listen to me,” he cried. “I’m sorry, it’s not what you think. I promise. It was just getting too serious. We can’t let it go that far and-”

The door suddenly opened and Max’s body plummeted to the bathroom floor, with an angry and still undressed Liz staring furiously down at him.

“Max Evans, if you think you’re helping your case, you’re sadly mistaken! I could just- I could just-” Liz balled her hands into a fist, unable to think of an appropriate word. A frown crossed her face, and her arms fell to her sides.

“I could just kiss you.” Max began to smile at the thought, but quickly disposed of that idea. He didn’t think it was such a great idea while Liz’s emotions were running high.

Max sat up, and patted his lap, gesturing for Liz to sit down. Instead of his lap, she sat down beside him. He frowned slightly, and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, which she quickly shrugged off. Max frown deepened and he let out a deep, frustrated sigh.

“Liz, you know we can’t let this, this heat, this passion take over. As much as I’d love to make you mine forever, it’s just not the right time.”

“Max, you’re wrong. I know you felt what I felt out there. I am yours forever, and I have always been yours. I will always be yours forever. In every sense of the word, we are forever each other’s, so why do you think we can’t do this? I love you, Max Evans, as much as you piss me off. And I want you to make love to me like we’re meant to.” Max turned to her and cupped her face gently, lovingly.

“Liz, we can’t-”

“No, Max, we can. The only thing holding us back is you.” Another frustrated sigh emitted from Max’s lips.

“Michael would kill me if he found out. And-”

“First off, please never, ever mention my brother’s name when we’re having a discussion about our sex life. Second, Michael doesn’t matter. It’s none of his business. I love you, I trust you and, oh god, I want you so bad right now.” Max smirked, casting a sideways glance at Liz. She smiled shyly, and hooked her arm with his. She snuggled her head into the side of his arm.

“Max, please, we’re adults. We can make decisions for ourselves. I mean we’re going to be going to UCLA together soon, living together for the rest of our lives. We’re going to be starting the rest of our lives together, despite whatever some evil alien has in store for us. I want us to start our lives together on a good foot.” Max couldn’t help but grin, and kissed the top of the beauty’s head.

“Elizabeth Parker, I love you to no end.” Liz smiled, a creeping blush appearing on her face. She stood up and pulled Max up beside her. She led him to her bed, and sat down beside him. She cupped his adorable, lovable face in her petite hands, adoring him more and more. She placed her lips against his lightly and softly.

“Max Evans, I love you and I will always love you. I’m forever yours, so please, take me for your keeping.” With that, she placed her arms around Max’s neck and kissed him more passionately than she ever had, and continued to kiss him passionately all night.

You make me want to love you
With every breath I'll love you
Endlessly
I'll give my heart, give my soul
I won't hold back
I'll give you everything
All of me
Completely

Part 19 | Index | Part 21
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.