Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 12
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
“I don’t know if I can do this,” Liz said nervously, as her nails became shorter and shorter. She turned to Max and flung her body at him, burying her face in his hard chest. He gathered her in his arms, pulling her close in his warm embrace.

“You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to,” Max whispered lightly in her ear. He brought his hand to her hair, stroking the silky strands between his fingers. The rough texture of his fingers felt inferior against the softness of her hair.

“As much as I love watching you grope my sister, I think Liz should do her thing.” Michael gestured towards Liz’s apartment door that lay at the top of the stairs. Michael leaned back against the wall beside the stairs, while Max and Liz stood on the middle landing.

“Isn’t this morally wrong or something?” Liz asked, obviously procrastinating. “I’m a bad person. This makes me a bad person. I mean, is this actually safer. OH MY GOD. I’M GOING TO GO TO HELL FOR THIS. OH MYGOD! OH MY-” Max put a silencing finger to her lips and smiled tenderly at her, wanting to calm her racing nerves. With his other hand, he tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

“Liz, you don’t have to do this. We’ll find another way if you want. We always do.” Max placed his lips against her forehead and gave her a soft kiss. She tucked her head underneath his chin, fighting the overwhelming desire to just lose herself against Max’s body.

“I’m just… scared. This is really happening.” She closed her eyes, trying to desperately remember why she COULDN’T lose herself in Max’s warmth. She unintentionally bunched up Max’s shirt in her fists, drawing him closer to her.

“Okay, Liz,” Michael begrudgingly said. He hated to make Liz do this but better safe than sorry. For her parents too, not just Liz. They were getting something out of this anyways. Weren’t they?

Liz tugged her head away from the security and warmth that Max supplied her with, and instantly missed the deep comfort it had given her. But when she looked up at Max’s face and she found the strength she needed. Only he could do this, only he could make her feel this way. She caressed the side of his face and took a courageous step back from Max. She gave Michael a quick, steady smile and slowly took the steps up to her apartment. She took the steps up to her loving parents who never wanted anything more than honesty and love from their daughter.

Liz took one last glance back at two of the most important men in her life. She produced another smile, and then turned to face the door again. She put a hand on the knob, and turned it. Pushing the door open, she dashed inside the apartment. A wave of nostalgia drowned her. This is her home, her family. For years, this was the whole world to her.

Her parents never asked for this. They thought they had raised a truly honest and loyal daughter. She hated to prove them wrong. Her parents are loving people who care for their daughter more than anything. If they ever found out her true heritage, an alien queen from a completely different planet and lifetime, they may just shock themselves to death. Never mind evil aliens trying to kidnap their sweet, precious daughter.

And that’s why she had to do this. They protected her all their life and would do anything for her. It was time she protect them. From unwanted knowledge, and from actual physical danger.

“Liz, honey?” Nancy Parker called out. Liz cringed at the sweetness in her mother’s voice. This was going to be hard.

“Hi mom,” Liz answered, trying to muster all the enthusiasm she could. She walked to her kitchen and found her parents sitting at the table. The table was littered with bills, scrap paper and endless calculations.

“You’re home kind of late, Lizzie,” Jeff said in a wearisome voice.

“Sorry dad.” Liz walked over to him and kissed the top of his head. Jeff smiled up at his angel, letting Liz know he wasn’t angry. Just tired.

“So guys,” Liz started as she sat down beside her mom. Her parents turned to her, giving her their complete attention. Ok, show time.

“I was thinking you guys should, uh, take a vacation.” Here goes nothing. Liz concentrated and effortlessly entered her parent’s minds.

Part 11 | Index | Part 13
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.