Fanfic - Crossover Stories
"Why I'm Not Afraid"
"An Identity Revealed"
Part 2
by zackz_angel
Disclaimer: Roswell and all of the characters belong to UPN, Jason Katimas, and all else who are involved. Dark Angel, and all of the characters, belong to Fox, James Cameron, and whoever else iz involved. (I wish I owned Zack, but, alas, I don’t. Sigh.)
Summary: Liz is an X-5, hiding out in Roswell since the ’09 escape. Her only contact with any of her siblings has been with Kyle, and none of the others know her secret. What happens when the rest of her siblings arrive in Roswell, seeking her help?? Will her secret finally be blown out in the open??
Category: Crossover Stories
Rating: R
Author's Note: (Note: The Roswell gang are all still the same age, ‘cept for Liz and Kyle, they’re 21, the two oldest in line after Zack and Tinga. As are the X-5’s, it’s just set in 2020, rather than 2001.)
A few days later, Zack returned to Roswell, realizing that it was time that he let his younger sister know who he was. Zack had come into the restaurant on several occasions, simply ordering food in order to keep an eye on his sister and brother, who apparently, had took to dating his own sister to avoid raising suspicion among their adopted families. Zack snorted in disgust, the things his siblings would do for each other, just to obtain a normal life. Zack ripped off his helmet, and climbed off his bike. Strolling into the restaurant, Zack sat down in a booth, in Liz’s section. Liz arrived a moment later, order pad in hand. “What can I get you??” Zack leaned forward, placing both his hands on the Formica tabletop. With a hard edge in his voice, he replied, “I know who you are Risika.” Startled, Liz dropped her order pad; it fluttered to the floor by her feet.

Leaning closer to Zack, Liz said harshly, “what did you say??” Raising his voice just slightly, Zack replied, “I know who you are Risika.” Almost without a reflex, Liz had the stranger by the throat. ‘Humph. I guess old habits die hard.’ Covering her smile effectively, Liz turned on Zack and whispered, “Just who are you?? What do you know?” Smirking sadistically at his sister, Zack said, “Emotion is a weakness, remember soldier??” Liz’s eyes suddenly burned with recognition, “Zack??” Liz whispered in a strangled voice. Standing up, Zack nodded, “it’s me little sister.” Letting out a strangled gasp, Liz threw herself into her brother’s arms, and wrapped her own arms around him in a hug. She couldn’t believe that after eleven years of being alone, with only Ty out of her siblings for company, her older brother had finally found her. Memories of life at Manticore entered her thoughts just then, and she let them flash by.

*Flashback*

The X5’s stood silently, side by side, as one, by one, Lydecker walked along their straight rows, bending down ever so slightly, to whisper in his kids’ faces. Suddenly he stopped, and bent down to meet Risika’s eyes. She looked straight ahead, and refused to even blink in Lydecker’s presence. “Remember this, soldier,” he whispered. “you will fall, and you will fail, but the weak links will be destroyed. Show your weakness, and the enemy will destroy you. Understand??” Turning her head, Risika said emotionlessly, “Sir, yes, sir!!” Executing a perfect salute, and about-face. “Good.” Lydecker smirked, “take 595 away, I think she needs to be taught another lesson in discipline.” The guards came forward, and grabbed Risika by the arms, she knew that fighting would make the torture, or ‘lesson’ as Lydecker liked to call it, that much harder to bear. Suddenly, Zack or 599 as Lydecker called him stepped forward, “Sir, the incident was my fault.” Turning his head, Lydecker replied, “What was that soldier, did you say, the previous incident was your doing, and not 595’s??” “Yes sir, the incident was entirely my doing.” “Very well, take 599 into the classroom; I think he needs to be taught a good lesson.” The guards released Risika, and turned to Zack, grabbing his arms, and dragging him across the floor. Risika turned and opened her mouth, ready to jump to her brother’s defense, but Lydecker stopped her. “I’m going to give you one more chance, 595, prove to me that you deserve to stand next to 599 as his S.I.C.” Saluting Lydecker, as well as Zack’s retreating figure, Risika said, “Sir, yes, sir, I will prove to you that, I am able to become 599’s S.I.C!!” Afterwards, Lydecker left, slamming the door after him. Risika immediately hurled herself onto her bed, with tears streaming down her face, as she prayed for her brother’s safe return. Later that night Zack had returned, with cuts and bruises marring his face, and climbed into Risika’s bed next to her. Risika’s face was stricken with remorse, but, lightened slightly with relief, that at the very least, her brother was okay. Throughout the night, Zack held his younger sister, as she cried, before slipping away into his bed, after she had fallen asleep.

*End Flashback*

Liz finally raised her head, with tears streaming down her face, and stared her brother in the face. “Oh my God, Zack, even back then, all you ever did was protect me, and I never thanked you for it.” Soothingly, Zack rubbed her back, and replied gently with, “It’s my job, Risa, I’m still your C.O., even after all these years, and I’m always going protect you, whether you want me to or not.” Liz hugged her brother again, whispering, “I’ve missed you big brother.” Swallowing the unaccustomed lump in his throat, Zack replied, “And I’ve missed you, little sister.” Gently pushing Liz back from his arms, he said to her seriously, “I’ve come to find you, after all these years, because I need your help Risa.” Confused, Liz asked, “How did you know I was here in the first place Zack??” Zack turned away from his sister, and said in a flat tone, “I’ve actually been watching you and Ty for almost ten years now, after I found out you two had been adopted, so I traced you here.” Liz took a couple steps back from her brother, and just stared at him. “Why didn’t you tell me who you were sooner, Zack??” “Why??” Zack turned to face his sister, his face a blank slate, but, his eyes were naked with regret, “I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you sooner, little sister, but, it would’ve been too dangerous for you, Ty and the others. I would have told you if I could’ve, you know that.” Liz relaxed her defensive stance a notch or two, and asked her brother another question that had been puzzling her. “Why do you need my help Zack??” Suddenly, Zack’s eyes became hard, bright, and ruthless. Staring his sister dead in the eye, he replied with a voice like steel, “We’re finally doing what we were born ready to do. Risa, we need the help of you and Ty to take down Manticore.”

Part 1 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.