FanFic - Alex and Isabel
"Fear and Dreams"
Part 1
by Nace M.
Disclaimer: I do not own any Roswell characters, and if I was making money from this I'd give it to Melinda Metz, not the WB.
Summary: Isabel goes back into Alex's dreams a little while after he discovers her secret
Category: Alex and Isabel
Rating: PG
Authors Note: This is my first crack at fan-fiction, so critics please be gentle
Isabel lay on her bed staring at the ceiling. She found it very difficult to sleep when her thoughts were focused only on Alex's dream. It had been this way practically every night since she had walked into it.

She still couldn't believe how sincere it was; it caused her a loss for words, very rare in the land of Isabel.

It had been a month since she dared dream walk in to Alex's mind again. A lot happened over this month, she, Michael and Max were getting closer to finding out where they came from, and who they were. But to Isabel the biggest thing was that Alex found out that she was….well that she wasn't from around here. Although he didn't act any differently in person, aside from the bundle of questions one tends to have when you find out someone is an… "Alien" she said aloud. Why did the thoughts of someone who was at least five notches down on the social scale affect her so much? "It not like what he thinks of me means anything," she thought. But it did mean something to her no matter how much she didn't want it to.

The only thing she could do to make herself feel better was to keep reminding herself that Alex was a goofy, clean cut, little nobody. However that tactic was day by day fading in its effectiveness. She fumbled around at the side of her bed reaching for her yearbook. She grabbed it and immediately flipped to Alex's picture.

Isabel stared at it for a long time, slowly tracing her finger around his face. He wasn't as muscle bound, or popular as most of the other guys she'd dated, but he was by far sweeter and more trustworthy than those boy toys that practically drooled all over her, and their dreams usually fell between pornographic or something just as bad.

"Not Alex," she thought. He seemed to have this strange effect on her, and she was getting pretty tired of fighting back her feelings. She sat there a little while longer staring at his photo, "I should just go," she thought. What was she so afraid of? she knew the answer, she just didn't want to think about it right now. Fear is what kept her out of his dreams, fear that no matter how much he still acted like a sweet little puppy around her in person, she was afraid that subconsciously he thought of her as s monster. She let her finger tap into his photo and slowly closed her eyes. She opened them to find herself in the school auditorium. It was completely empty save for Alex's dream version of her sitting center stage perched on the top of a folding chair. "At least he still dreams about me" she thought, "And I don't seem to have tentacles."

A bright white spotlight shined on stage as Alex walked out decked out in a tux, acoustic guitar in hand. He smiled staring directly into his dream version of her. "Glad you made it" he said. "Wouldn't miss it for the world" dream Isabel said smiling brightly. He started strumming on his guitar, and began to sing

I sit here watching silently

At you from across the hall

Your beauty unmatched by anything

But it is only skin deep

Inside there is more to you

Than just a pretty face

Someone to hold so closely

And cause relief in me

There is not a day that goes by

Without a thought of you

Isabel stood there with her heart caught in her throat, he did think of her in the same way he always had. She felt a tear slide down her cheek, as she stared onto the stage.

I wait for the day

When you will come to me

There is no need for you to rush

My dear

I will wait till the end of time

I can only hope and dream

That someday soon

You will make my dreams come true

Cause every single night

They are filled with only you

He finished playing at looked at her, not his dream version of her, but her standing there.

"That was for you Isabel," he said. How did he know she was there? This had never happened when she dream walked, Never. Alex laid his guitar down and slowly stepped off the stage. He walked up to her, his smile never fading. "I've been waiting for you," he said.

"How….how did you know I was here?" she stammered. "I can always sense you Isabel," he said, taking her hand is his and gently placing it over his heart "Right here"

"Your song" she said softly, "That was for me?" "Only for you" he replied. She couldn't fight back her tears anymore, she let them come and knew Alex wouldn't mind.

He lifted her chin until her eyes met his. "Don't cry," he said wiping away her tears. He held her face in both hands and slowly, very gently pushed his lips to hers. Isabel felt like her knees were going to buckle, this kiss, Alex's kiss, was heavenly.

Sensing she had trouble standing on her own, Alex lifted her off her feet and deepened their kiss.

She was amazed how he seemed to know exactly what to do. She broke away briefly, "Alex" she said with a little tremble in her voice.

"Yes?" he said, his eyes staring deeply into hers. "This is all just a dream," she said solemnly. "I know" he said, "But I get the feeling we'll both remember this tomorrow"

"How do you know that?" she asked.

"Because your with me, right here, right now" he said.

"How could I forget that?" Her heart was slamming in her chest after he'd said that. "Alex?" she asked.

"Yes?" he replied.

"Did I ever tell you what an effect you have on me?" she said.

"I know" he said, a slow grin growing on his lips. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead, "Dance with me" he said. She looked onto the stage as a band suddenly appeared playing a slow, sweet melody.

"How did you?" she began. "It's a dream remember" he interrupted. He took her into his arms and gracefully directed her around the floor. She rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. This was the best feeling in the world to her, dancing so closely to him.

"I love you Isabel" he said, before she could respond her alarm rousted her back to reality. She glared at it and groaned, but small smile crept onto her face. Today she would make Alex's dream a reality.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.