FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Questioning Myths"
Part 6
by Sarah
Disclaimer: some one else owns the characters, unfortunately. Thought I wish I did own them, I don’t
Summary: This is a cross over of "Charmed" and (of course) "Roswell." This asks and answers the question of what would happen if either group believe in other myths and legends (beside themselves)
Category: After Hours
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: : Italicized words signify people’s thoughts. Guys, come on I’m still new at this…so let me know what you think… be honest and objective, yet gentle. Thanx love ya!
Crashdown Café, Roswell New Mexico

"Oh come on! Be serious! We told you our most personal secret! You can trust us." Phoebe practically yelled, starting to get annoyed. "We said we were here to help you and we can’t do that unless you tell us the truth about what happened." She continued, a little more compassionately.

"He was telling the truth! Show them Max." Liz told them. Not only was she upset that they had doubted him, but she was beginning to get worried. As she looked at Max he could see the fear in his eyes and feel the fear in waves from her. Slowly and cautiously he put his hand out and took the practically empty ketchup bottle in front of the oldest if the sisters… Prue he thought. As he took the bottle he stood up from table and dropped it on the ground making it shatter.

"What the hell are you doing!" Phoebe yelled as Max broke the bottle.

"Just watch." Max told her as he brought his hands over the shattered bottle and concentrated on the molecule of it as the shards of glass came back together to form the bottle perfectly, including the label an lid.

"How did you do that?" Piper asked in awe. That’s impossible! Even for a witch…I think. Maybe he was telling the truth and he is a…alien. "You really are and alien, aren’t you."

"Well it one of my…powers. And yea I really am an alien." He said.

"What other powers do you have?" Prue asked.

"Well I can manipulate molecule, like you saw and I can kind of… well let me just show you." He said as he took her hands in his and made a connection:

*Flash* Prue as a child playing with Andy and Piper, feeling carefree.

*Flash* Prue watching her mom drown, feeling helpless and scared.

*Flash* Prue as a teenager, on a date with Andy, feeling in love and excited.

*Flash* Prue going to her grandmother’s funeral, feeling alone and like she has lost every thing.

*Flash* Prue using her power for the first time, felling confused.

*Flash* Prue watching Andy get thrown across the room, lying on the floor dead, Andy’s funeral. And her heart breaking.

"Whoa! How did you do that?" Prue asked as she pulls away amazed at what Max saw.

"I don’t know how I do it, I just make a connection and I see and feel things the person has seen and felt." Max tried to explain. He felt awkward from what he saw from Prue.

"So what are we going to do about this Mosencunia guy?" Liz asks seeing Max’s awkwardness.

"Well we have a spell to vanquish him but we have to throw a potion on him for it to work." Phoebe explained.

"Well that doesn’t sound to hard. We can sneak up on him some time and poof! He’s gone." Liz said knowing it wouldn’t be that easy.

"Well that work but, he only appears to claim another victim. And the potion only work right before he makes the victim ‘explode’." Phoebe continued.

"So we have to set a trap?" Max asked, seeing where this was headed.

"It looks like that’s the only way to get him. We just have to figure out how we’re going to do it." Piper added.

"Well do we know who the next victims are?" Liz asked.

The three sisters looked at each other silently deciding who would tell them it was them. "Well that’s actually why we were here in the first place. The next victims are… you two." Piper told them, knowing neither of her sisters would. At the news Liz was speechless and couldn’t breathe at the thought of possibly loosing Max.

"What do we have to do?" Liz asked in a thin strangled voice.

*--------------------------------------*

Liz’s Balcony, Later that night

YOU IN THE DARK YOU IN THE PAIN YOU ON THE RUN

LIVING A HELL LIVING YOUR GHOST LIVING YOUR END

NEVER SEEM TO GET IN THE PLACE THAT I BELONG

DON’T WANNA LOOSE THE TIME

LOOSE THE TIME TO COME.

Max hears Liz’s music as he starts to climb up the ladder to her balcony. He recognizes the song as Bush’s "Letting the cables sleep."

Above on the balcony Liz is silently crying as she madly writes in her journal. Why does this happen? Every time we come close to being happy something happens that tears us apart. I know we were meant to be together. They said the Mosencunia goes after pairs of soul mates. Why can’t he see that? He hasn’t broken up with me yet, but I can feel it coming. Liz jumps at the sound of some one on the stair. She knows who it is. He’s the only person who comes up the fire escape. Great! Here it comes! She writes as she closes here journal.

"Hey" Max says as he reaches the top. "Busy?"

"No. Come on up." She tells him as she wipes the tears away.

WHATEVER YOU SAY IT’S ALL RIGHT

WHATEVER YOU DO IT’S ALL GOOD

WHAT EVER YOU SAY IT’S ALRIGHT

The song on the radio plays on as they sit uncomfortably silent.

"So, rough day huh?" Max says, unsure of where to start and not wanting to hurt her.

"Yea. I’ve had better." Why is he doing this!?!?

SILENCE IS NOT THE WAY WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT

IF HEAVEN IS ON THE WAY

IF HEAVEN IS ON THE WAY

"Why did you come here tonight Max?" Liz asked, wanting to get it over with.

"I… I don’t know!"

YOU IN THE SEA ON A DECLINE BREAKING THE WAVES

WATCHING THE LIGHTS GO DOWN

LETTING THE CABLES SLEEP

"Liz I can’t let you get hurt. I can’t let anything happen to you. I know you think I’m here to break up with you, but I’m not. I just want to be here with you now. And make sure you’re ok.

SILENCE IS NOT THE WAY WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT

IF HEAVEN IS ON THE WAY

WE’LL WRAP THE WORLD AROUND IT

IF HEAVEN IS ON THE WAY

"I know." Liz began breathing a breath of relief. "I couldn’t take it if something happened to you either."

"Promise me you’ll run if it starts to get out of hand. If anything starts to go wrong promise me you’ll run away as fast as you can."

"I promise!" was all Liz could say as she flew into Max’s arms. After a few seconds they were both sitting, wrapped in each other’s, in the lawn chair Liz usually sat in to write in her journal. Ten minutes later, exhausted from the stress of the day, Liz was dead asleep. God! Could she be more beautiful! Max thought as she gently stroked she, soft hair. Not having the courage to leave, and realizing how tired he was too, Max laid down in the chair and was soon asleep, with Liz curled up in his arms.

*-------------------------------------*

Prue, Piper, and Phoebe’s hotel room.

"So everything is set for tomorrow night." Piper asked.

"Yep. All set." Phoebe answered. "Why did it have to be those too?" she asked thinking about how perfect Max and Liz are for each other. "I mean think about how hard relationships are for us. At least we’re the same species as the people we try to date. These two aren’t even from the same planet! Think of how much they have to go through. And now this! It’s got to a lot to handle. Especially since they’re only like, what sixteen!"

"I know what you mean. I was thinking the same thing." Piper told her as she sat down on the bed next to her. "Think of what me and Leo have gone through. It’s nothing next to what those two have been through. The fact that they’ve made it through all of it and they’re still together. It really proves they’re soul mates." Piper couldn’t help but wonder if her and Leo could ever be as happy as Max and Liz.

"Your right. I’m just glad we can help them." Prue said as she crawled into bed. "But if we don’t get some sleep we won’t have the energy to help anyone."

"Ok we get the point." Phoebe said as she turned off the light.

Part 5 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.