FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Pure Shores"
Part 17
by Jennifer007
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
It's been a year since the night that Max and Liz made love. And seven months and a half since Liz had, had the babies without a hitch, no complications. And except for the pain she had done fine. Max had been amazed that he could be a part of something that was so miraculous and beautiful. For the first time in his life he felt that he had actually done something. Granted Liz had done all the physical work, it was still something he was part of. He had helped to make a beautiful son and daughter. They looked like little versions of Max and Liz put together, they both had their parents dark hair, and soulful brown eyes, that twinkled when they saw their Mom and dad.

They had talked over names for a long time before the children were born, and had finally decided on Andrew Philip and Laurel Nancy after their parents. As Max had told her one night as they lay in bed, if it hadn't been for their parents things would have never happened this way. Liz had been touched at his words and had agreed with the names for the babies.

But now Max had other plans, he had asked Maria and Michael to watch Andrew and Laurel for the night, afterall they were the God parents. He had to talk to Liz and he wasn't sure how she was going to react to what he had to say.

That evening Liz and him had taken off and driven to the beach, they had walked down the embankment to the sand, and the yacht was tied up to land. Liz had looked at him then peculiarly.

"What's she doing here?"

"Well I wanted a place for us to talk, and since we used to do a lot of our talking here I thought why not? So I called some people and was able to dock her here for the night."

Max then walked with her to the ladder and guided her as she climbed the ladder and then climbed a board himself.

Liz was staring in astonishment at the scene before her. There was a card table set up, and on it were dishes of food, there were lobsters, oysters, crab, butter in chafing dishes, and all kinds of fruit. There was soft music playing, and candles were in candelabras gently flickering. There was a bottle of champagne chilling in a bucket and a deep red rose set in a vase.

Liz looked at him in wonderment.

"You did all this?"

Max nodded his head.

"Why?"

"Well we've been so busy with Andrew and Lauren, and haven't had anytime for ourselves. I thought it would be nice to have a night for just the two of us since we haven't in a while."

Liz smiled at him and wrapped her arms around his neck, "Thank you, it's just what I needed." She kissed him softly and then tried to deepen the kiss but he wouldn't let her.

"We can do that later, let's eat."

Liz rolled her eyes, "Okay."

Max helped her to her seat, and then sat down across from her. They both filled their plates and proceeded to eat, and then talk. They were able to discuss things without the interruption of one crying baby and then the next, they discussed their work, and things that Liz did during the day. As they talked Max reached over and peeled a banana eating it, he handed Liz a papaya and she peeled it and scooped the fruit from it eating it with a spoon and occasionally giving him bites of it.

"Is it just me or is fruit not the same as it was on the island?" Max asked her.

"It's not you, the fruit there always tasted like your tastebuds were singing the opera, now it's like a couple notes and that's it."

Max laughed at her analogy and grabbed the coconut that was near him, "Do you remember the last time I opened a coconut for you?"

Liz's eyes danced remembering that morning very clearly, she was pretty sure that was the morning Andrew and Lauren were conceived.

"Of course I do, how could I forget?"

"Well how about we try that again?"

"I would say it's a good thing I'm taking birth control now, I'm not ready for more kids."

She watched as Max struggled opening the coconut, he kept trying to crack it and just couldn't do it.

"Here let me try it." She said.

"Do you really think that if I can't open it your going to be able to?"

"Max I gave birth to two babies, I think I can open a measly coconut."

He handed the tools to her and then the coconut.

Liz grabbed it and then looked at it, "Max what kind of coconut is this? There's something. . . "

She looked more closely and saw what looked like a little button on one side, and some kind of hinge on the other. She looked at him and then with her two fingers she lifted the coconut up, and it lifted like a lid. And when she looked inside she gasped, nestled in the coconut meat was a ring. She looked up at Max startled, but he was now kneeling on one knee in front of her. He took the ring from the coconut, and looked at her.

"Liz I've longed for you since the first time I met you, and that longing grew into something that I tried to fight, but I don't want to fight it anymore. Things happen for a reason, and life is to short to go about second guessing and trying to change. We may be young, but the odds are stacked in our favor on this one Liz, I want to be with you, for as long as you'll have me. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

Tears were brimming in Liz's eyes and she nodded her head, "Yes, Max I will marry you, I've wanted nothing more for a long time."

Max put the ring on her finger and then stood up pulling her to him kissing her. "I love you Liz, I'll always love you."

"I love you to Max."

He kissed her again, and then pulled back looking towards the stairs leading to the cabins below.

"You know there are still beds down there."

Liz smiled at him and then took his hand walking down the stairs.

(Scene fades out with a shot of the yacht, waves lapping at the side, and the name of the boat is focused on)

PURE SHORES
Part 16 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.