FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Love, Life, and True Destiny"
Part 1
by Anne
Disclaimer: They’re not mine. The characters of Roswell belong to Melinda Metz, the WB, Jason Katims, and all the wonderful people who we all love for starting this wonderful story. I’m just borrowing them!
Summary: Max and Liz discover that their true destiny is with each other… Immediately after Surprise…Everything happened just like in the show up until this point, with the exception of the last 10 minutes with Isabel in the cave. Instead she went home and went to bed…
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Max Evans approached the Crashdown, allowing a short sigh to escape through his lips. It had been a long hard night for everyone, and Isabel in particular had gotten the worst of it. It was sad…everything had started out so well, and then in the blink of an eye it all just fell apart.

It was Isabel’s birthday today, or at least the day they celebrated as her birthday since no one knew the actual one, and what a present she had received! In the middle of her surprise birthday party, Isabel had a vision. Their…well…sometimes friend, Tess, has been kidnapped by the skins, and Isabel had gone in alone to save her. It turned out that Congresswoman Whittaker was a skin. She was the one who killed Nasedo, and she was about to kill Tess too, when Isabel struck back and killed her.

It was safe to say that Isabel’s surprise party had been a total failure. She disappeared halfway through it, and after her experience with Whittaker, she was in no state to go back. So Max had to make up an excuse for her.

As he approached the Crashdown, Max could see that the party was over. His mom was inside with Liz cleaning up, but everyone else had gone home. Even Alex… Max chuckled at the thought. Alex was probably avoiding Mrs. Evans, after her reaction to his strip dance.

The light tinkling of the bells on the front door of the Crashdown caused both women to look up at Max when he walked in.

“Hi.” He greeted them softly.

“Max! Where have you been?” Diane Evans cried out. “And where is Isabel? You both just disappeared! I’ve been worried!”

“I know…I’m sorry mom. Isabel isn’t feeling very well. Those headaches were bugging her more than she wanted to admit. I took her home and put her to bed. She really just needs a night of rest.”

Diane looked at her son in alarm. “The headaches were that bad? That’s so strange! Isabel is usually so healthy.”

“It’s probably just a one time thing. I wouldn’t worry about it. She’ll probably be fine tomorrow. Why don’t you head home too, mom? I can help Liz finish up here.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, go ahead.”

“Okay…I’m pretty beat myself. I’ll probably take Isabel’s lead and get some rest. I’m just going to take some of these presents for Izzy…she never finished opening them!”

“Yeah, good idea. She’d probably like that.”

Diane started fumbling through the stack of bright, colorful packages, giving Max a chance to finally turn and focus on Liz, who was trying to clean all of the dirty dishes from the night. He grabbed a second tub of dishes, and followed her back into the kitchen.

“Is everything okay?” Liz asked once they were in the kitchen. “Did you guys get to Tess in time?”

“Tess is fine.”

“That’s good.”

“Listen, Liz…Congresswoman Whittaker kidnapped Tess…and she’s the one who killed Nasedo too.”

“You mean she’s a skin?” Max nodded. “And I’ve been working for her…”

“Liz…it’s killing me to know that something more could have happened to you on account of me. You’ve been in danger, and none of us even knew it.”

“Nothing happened to me though, Max.” Liz reminded him.

“I know, but what if she had been after you.” Max protested.

“Nothing has happened to me.” Liz responded firmly.

“And nothing will happen to you, Liz. Isabel killed Whittaker.”

Liz looked up at Max in surprise. “What? I suppose she had to, didn’t she? How is she holding up?”

“She’s not doing very well. A lot like Michael did after Pierce. She just wanted to be alone, wallow in her miseries. She did the right thing, but that doesn’t change that fact that it’s hard on her.”

“What about you? How are you holding up?”

“I don’t know…it’s complicated. Would you be willing to listen, Liz? I have a lot on my mind, and…well…you’re the easiest person in the world for me to talk to.”

“I don’t know, Max. Things are just so complicated between us.”

“Please, Liz? I swear, for just one night I won’t try to win you back or anything. Just you and me, talking like friends, like the way it used to be before we kissed or anything.”

“Okay, I can deal with that. Lots of sexual tension, but no action.” Liz resolved. “So where do you want to start?”

“I want to start by getting out of here…out of town a little ways. There’s too many ears here.”

“Okay…lets go.” Max led Liz out the back door of the Crashdown, and down the alley to where his jeep was parked on the street.

Diane Evans grabbed her purse and rushed out to her car outside. There was a wild, nervous look in her eyes, and she was shaking emotionally. She had been standing by the counter between the kitchen and the dining room, and she had heard every word between Max and Liz. What was going on? Isabel had killed Congresswoman Whittaker? Her daughter was a murderer?

The emotions ran rampant through Diane Evans’ mind. What had she done wrong? Was she a horrible mother? How do parents cope with this…finding out that their children, who they love, have done something horrible? She would have never guessed that Isabel would have ever done something like this. Maybe there was a logical explanation? There had to be. She just needed to find out what it was.

Diane started her car, and leaving the lights out to hide herself, she followed after Max and Liz. Maybe she could find out more about what her children were mixed up in.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.