FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Exploring Avenues"
Part 33
by Mary N
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
While they were gone Liz and Max sat down to talk with Tess. This was really the first opportunity the three of them ever had to really talk, just the three of them. Max and Liz both felt it was time to try and get her to open up and ask the questions she was sure to have. "Tess, first off thank you for giving us the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure it's been hard for you to believe the things we've been telling you lately. We realize they conflict with what Nesado has taught you over the years, but I promise you everything we've told you is the truth."

Tess was feeling apprehensive about being alone with Max and Liz. She wasn't sure why they had wanted to stay alone with her. At first she thought maybe they just didn't trust her enough to leave her alone now that she knew where the next orb was. Just incase she would take off to go find the orb on her own or something. However, Liz's simple statement seemed to put her worries to rest. She felt that Liz was truly concerned about how she was handling what they had been telling her.

"It was hard at first, but now." Tess was quiet for a moment. She didn't want to say this the wrong way. "Now, the closer we seem to be getting to finding another orb, the more I find myself thinking you are telling the truth. I mean if you were lying to me, than how else would you know were to find the orb? Then today, you say the two of you activated one of the orbs we have, I don't think you would lie about that, because you know I would find out the truth. If this was just someway for the two of you to justify being together, I doubt you would fabricate lies you know would back fire on you."

"In many ways it fells like you are filling in some of the questions Nesado never could. It's like filling in the missing pieces, you know? For example, why did our people put us in human bodies if they really are insignificant like he always said? And why would they want us to have feelings if they make us weak? From everything I've seen since being in Roswell, with all of you, I've seen how they can be a strength as well."

Tess struggled inwardly as she tried to decide how to handle something that she'd been worried about. "Can I ask you two a question?"

They were both thinking that this was going better than they thought it would. Tess actually talking with them. Her confessing that she felt like they were telling her the truth. And now she felt comfortable enough asking them a question, believing that they would continue to be truthful with her. Could things go any more smoothly? Max was the first one to get over the initial shock and answer her. "What do you want to know?"

"Say tomorrow we do find this orb, and it confirms everything you've been telling me is true. Then what? I mean, it's not all going to be smooth sailing. We're going to need to confront Nesado, and find out why he's been lying? To find out why he would want us to follow some destiny of his invention?"

Max hadn't considered anything past finding the orb, and convincing Tess that he was meant to be with Liz, like he knew in his heart that he was meant to be. And encouraging the others to follow their hearts as well. Because of the vision he'd seen he was sure they would find their way to each other the way he and Liz had. Suddenly it didn't seem like it was going to be as easy as he thought it was going to be. "We haven't thought that far ahead Tess. Honestly, Nesado hasn't been someone we have given a lot of thought too recently."

"Then I suggest that you start Max, because he's bound to figure out that we aren't following our destiny as he's laid it out for us. And when that happens, chances are he'll realize we know he's been lying. Max thinks about it for a moment, would someone who was sent here to guard us, and help us fulfill our destiny be lying to us?" She'd been skirting around the issue long enough, it was time for the heart of her concerns. "If he has been lying, he must not want us to fulfill our true destiny. That makes him an enemy of sorts, and trust me Max when I say, you are not ready to have him as an enemy. He's strong, really strong."

**** Nesado was growing more impatient the longer he sat in his car waiting for Max and Liz to leave. He wanted to know what had taken place while he was out of town, and more importantly what had gone on in his house tonight. He watched the door with such intent he failed to notice the car that pulled up across the street from him.

Olan parked his car and began to survey the area as he pulled a container from the pocket of his jacket and popped a tictac into his mouth. First thing he noticed was the fact that Max's jeep was parked at the curb in front of Tess's house. It was a good sign that he hadn't missed them. He wondered where the vehicles of the others were and continued to survey the area on chance that he might spot them, and to see if anything seemed out of the ordinary.

Doing so, he spotted a man sitting in the car across from him. That in its self didn't really worry him, it was the way his eyes were fixated on the house Max was sure to be in. From the events of the day he automatically assumed their enemies had found them, and followed them here. *Crud, not yet! These kids aren't ready for this. They haven't even gotten the third orb yet. Think Olan, think. There has to be away you can delay this just a bit. So how get him to leave without jeopardizing your anonymous connection in this. *

He couldn't risk a full transformation here, so he transformed his clothes only and stepped out of his car. Cautiously he walked behind the car and up to the driver side window where he knocked on the glass.

Nesado was started by the appearance of the local deputies officers standing beside his car. He rolled down the window, "Is something wrong officer?"

Olan took a few steps back from the car. He didn't want to be within arms reach if this really turned out to be one of his people's enemies. "I was about to ask you the same thing. One of my neighbors called sounding a bit jumpy saying you've been sitting out here for a while. It would seem they are uncomfortable with you parking here like this."

"Really?" Nesado looks around for anyone watching out a window, but doesn't see anyone. "Sorry about that, I didn't think it was all that big a deal."

"Yeah, will with crime what it is these days, you can appreciate their concern. Unless you have some business here, I would really appreciate it if you would move along, and say find a parking lot to do your parking in?"

Nesado began to question the possibilities in his mind. *Could it have been one them that made that call? It could explain why Max and Liz haven't left yet? Did they spot me sitting out here, and didn't want to leave Tess alone? Could they actually be concerned about her safety? Interesting, maybe she hasn't completely ruined my plan after all. It would be a step in the right direction when it comes to Max. If that's true, maybe all they need now is a little push from me. *

Olan watched this guy carefully for any sign that would either confirm or discredit his suspicions, but there was nothing other than the way his eyes drifted back to Tess's house. "Sir, sir, would you please move along?"

"Sure, no problem." Nesado started the engine and pulled away from the curb and down the street. If it had been Liz and Max who had called this deputy, maybe they would leave once he had.

Olan watched as the car drove down the street. He crossed the street returning to his car, and climbed back in his car trying to place what it was about that man that seemed so familiar. With a wave of his hand he was back in his other clothes once again.

*** Kyle, Michael, and Alex sat in Tess's living room talking amongst themselves as they waited for Isabel and Maria to return. Tess was busy on the phone ordering some pizza for everyone. Meanwhile, Liz and Max finished clearing the table, setting the soda and other snacks on the counters in the kitchen. When they were finished, Liz busied herself by pouring both herself and Max a fresh drink.

Max was making it very hard for there to concentrate on her task as moved in close behind her. He wrapped one arm around her waist and stroked her midriff just under the edge of her shirt as he pressed firmly up against her back. He used his other hand to pull her hair to one side so he could easily nibble on the revealed side of her neck.

As difficult as he was making this simple task of hers, she wouldn't have wanted it any other way. It always felt good to be in his wrapped in Max's arms. Liz closed her eyes leaning her head to the side, allowing him better access to her neck, as she enjoyed the combination of his actions and the feeling of his firm hard body pressed against her back. Her senses were going crazy as he continued each intoxicating gesture.

Without finishing the task of pouring their drinks, Liz sat the bottle of pop she was pouring down on the counter. She wondered how much more of his assault on her body she would be able to take. She was so horny already, and he was continuing to touch her, his hand moving higher and higher under her shirt. Closer and closer to her breast. If it wasn't for the others in the house, she would jump his bones right there in the kitchen. She never wanted this to stop, but she knew it had to. She opened her eyes bringing them to rest on their glasses straight in front of her. *Ice, something to cool down with. * She plucked an ice cube out of her glass and turned around in his arm.

Now facing him, her eyes fell on his soft lips. She felt helpless standing there, his lips seemed to be calling to her, she just had to taste them. Smiling ever so sweetly she raised up on her toes and kissed him eagerly. Enjoying the sweet taste of his lips, his mouth, and his tongue as it slipped past her lips into her mouth.

The situation was rapidly growing out of control, the coldness of the ice in her hand was the only thing keeping her grounded. And she didn't think it was going to work much longer. She had to do something and she had to do it now. Keeping the hand with the ice at her side, she traced her other hand around the waist of his jeans. As she closed in on the center of his abdomen she slipping her fingers across his smooth skin just inside the waist band of his both his jeans and his boxers. Without him ever knowing what was coming she dropped the ice down inside against his skin.

Max jumped back in shock when he felt something cold come in contact with his hot hard flesh. He knew immediately what Liz had done, and cried out as he tried to fish the ice out of his pants. "Ohhhh my gosh. Liz, what did you do that for?"

Liz stepped back, putting some distance between herself and Max as she laughed. "I thought you could use some cooling off. You looked a little hot to me hon."

Retrieving the ice cube successfully Max looked up at Liz with a devious yet playful expression and responded in a playful mood mirroring hers. "Oh really? Well you know two can play at that game." He lunged forward in an attempt to get a hold of her, but she had back too far away by this time, and he missed her.

As soon as she saw him coming at her, she turned and ran out of the kitchen heading for the dining room. Her plan was to use the table as a barrier between them. As their laughter filled the air, she circled the table with Max in close pursuit.

Max was a little quicker on his feet than she was, and quickly closed the gap between them. When closer to her, he managed to catch hold of her arm and wheeled her around to face him, pulling her snugly against his body. She struggled to break free from his grip, but to no avail as he pulled her arm behind her back and pressing her up against the wall behind her.

Frantically struggling to get away, and stop him from putting the ice down her clothes, she tried to fin off the hand he held the ice cube in, with her only free hand. She was beginning to panic knowing she was losing this battle because he successfully evaded her every attempt to grab at his hand and the ice he was clasping onto. In a last ditch effort, she began to plead with him to stop. "Max, no. Don't do this Max. Come on Max! Stop!"

He didn't stop, he merely shook his head ‘no' and smiled as he slipped the ice into the front of her shirt where it logged in her bra between her breasts.

The feeling of the ice against her hot flesh sent a shiver through her body. Her hand immediately went in her shirt trying to retrieve the ice. However Max had a different idea, he wrapped fingers around her wrist and dislodged her hand from her shirt, and refused to let her complete her task. She looked up at him pleadingly. "Its cold Max, let go!"

"I know it's cold. You did the same to me remember?"

"Yeah, but I at least let you remove it afterwards."

His expression stayed playful, but his voice became more seductive. "Would you like me to help you remove it?"

She blushed at the thought of him reaching inside her shirt with their friends so close. She could only imagine how embarrassed she would be if they saw her allowing him to that. And yet, the ice was so cold against her skin and the idea of his warm hands brushing against her breast as he sought out the cube of ice sounded very appealing.

He smiled at the reaction she was having to his suggestion. Here it had only been mere seconds and her eyes had already darkened with desire. He took her lack of verbal response as a yes and freed one of his hands, by releasing one of hers. Through the collar of her shirt he reached for the ice, clasping hold of it with his fingers. He pulled the ice free ever so slowly letting his fingers and the ice glide through the valley between the breast and over the upper part of her left breast.

Her head feel back against the wall, the combination of the cold ice and his hot fingers against her tender flesh was tantalizing to say the least, erotic would have been a more appropriate word.

They both jump at the sound of someone clearing their throat behind Max, and he lost hold of the ice cube sending it back into her shirt. He quickly stepped back, allowing some space between himself and Liz as he released his hold on her arm he'd been holding behind her back.

Liz turned to the side and leaned forward allowing the ice to fall away from her skin and retrieved it. Liz stood up straight as Max turned around to see who had caught them. ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~ Author's prerogative:

I've done my research and fond that the Harding's house only has a piano and various statues in the front room. Further back to the right you can see the open dining room in which there is a fireplace. The only way to the kitchen is going left in the through dining room. There is also a stairway heading up to the rooms between the dining area and the front room.

Now here is the change. For purposes of this story I'm enlarging the front room, adding a love seat, couch, and square coffee table with matching end tables. The piano is still in the front part of the room, but turned so that if you were sitting at the keys, your back would be toward the front left corner allowing the player to see those siting in the room.

With the changes in place, lets get on with the story.

Part 32 | Index | Part 34
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.