FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Duplicity"
Part 5
by Sineya
Disclaimer: Not mine.
Summary: (Liz takes Tess’ place as the fourth alien.) If the other three Roswellians are her true family, then why is she so different? When duplicated versions of Michael, Max, and Isabel end up in Roswell years later, Liz’s questions are answered.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: I started this story a long time ago, but never finished. Then I read DM’’s, The Secret of Zan, and got inspired. I'd also like to state, I love Max beyond a shadow of a doubt, but Zan...ooooooh.
As soon as Liz was out of their range her calm facade dropped. Crying silently and shaking as her bike sped down the highway. She was blinded by her tears, and almost drove off the rode.

*I need Michael.* She swerved, avoiding a nearby car, driving straight towards the highway. She arrived in town only minutes later, due to her erratic driving.

She was soon at her brother’s house, and she cut the engine, jumping off her loud bike. Running up to the door, she pulled held a trembling hand over the keyhole and opened it.

She could hear Michael, and unfortunately the other four, but she couldn’t bring herself to care that they were there. Although she was thankful that the Guerin’s were away for the week. She rushed up to his room, tears flowing down her face. She slammed on his door, yelling loudly.

"Michael."Her voice broke with every sob."Michael!!"She stumbled through the doorway as it opened, and frantically glanced around, noting each member of the group was there. She didn’t care of they saw her cry, she needed her brother. He reached out and she fell into his waiting arms. His hands were clasped behind her, comforting her. She buried her face in his chest, her body shaking with every sob.

Michael looked at the others, and nodded towards the open door. They stood, faces filled with shock as they exited the room. They had never truly known Liz, had always thought she was emotionless no matter how much Michael protested.

The two left in the room were silent, as Liz continued to cry. Michael’s shirt was drenched when she finally stopped. She looked at him apologetically as she pulled herself away. She smiled shakily,"Sorry." And ran her hand across his chest, drying the soft, white cotton. Running her other hand across her face to wipe away any traces of leftover pain. And although she could remove blotchy skin, and tears track, she couldn’t remove the look of desolation.

He squeezed her hand."It’s okay, kiddo."Tugging her hand, he pulled her with him and they sat on his messy bed. Hooking an arm over her shoulder, he cradled her face once again to his chest."Now tell me what’s wrong."

She sighed, her body and mind tired from the events of the night, but she needed to get her tale out."They..they, said I didn’t belong here." She looked up at him."They said I’m not supposed to be your sister.""She sat up abruptly, pulling herself from him and standing.

"They were right Michael, they were right!"She slammed her fist into the wall."I’m not your sister!" She strode violently across the room, her shoulders starting to shake as angry tears welled up in her eyes. "The one thing I had––THE ONLY THING-and they took it away!"She lifted her hands, and the door splintered and flew open."I’ve been waiting for him my whole life, and he finally comes––and tells me the only person I’’ve ever loved in this life isn’t really a part of me!"

He jumped up, grabbing her forcefully, shaking her. She collapsed once again into his arms, sobbing. "Why couldn’t you be my brother, you’re the only one who’s ever loved me, why can’t...you..be...my....brother?"Her body was now quaking with sobs as he lifted her chin and stared into her eyes.

"Liz-"She tried to pull away, but he held her fast."No, listen to me––you’re my sister, and nothing––-nothing--can change that!" Tears glistened in her eyes, diamonds dripped down her face at his words."Blood doesn’t bind us––trust does, love does." He pulled away, hands his big hands engulfing her tiny fingers."You will always be my sister--always."He embraced her once again, his eyes now brilliant with unshed tears,*She will ALWAYS be part of my family.*And he let them go, falling down his face.

Max and Isabel stood in the doorway, watching the emotional scene before them. Never had they seen this side of Liz. Or Michael for that matter. They might have been close to him, but he had never once cried in front of them, never held them like he was holding Liz. They were ashamed and saddened. Thinking her heartless all these years, their opinions solidifying when she murdered her foster father Hank. They had never truly know Liz, or what had happened that day.

Liz was finally calm, Michael soothing ministrations calming her down. She was ready to tell him what happened.

Stepping away from him, she noticed Max and Isabel in the doorway, watching them. She was too emotionally drained to put on her uncaring mask, too tired physically tired.

She sat down heavily, on Michael’s desk, reaching into her pocket to pull out a cigarette. Lighting it, and exhaling shakily, as she looked the three in the room. "You might wanna have Alex and Maria come in, it’s a long story."She inhaled her cigarette deeply, the nicotine soothing her body. She saw the surprised looks on their faces as she said the humans could listen in.

She arched her eyebrow, the tough attitude streaming to the surface."Well?"She flicked her cigarette onto the floor, ashes falling softly. The routine was comforting and stable. She laughed silently at her unusual thoughts.

They turned quickly, their footsteps echoing as they ran down the stairs.

"That wasn’t very nice."Michael voice was disapproving, but his eyes were twinkling humorously. She stared stonily at him.

"I’m not a nice person."

Then ruined the tough girl ‘tude by giggling mischievously, ashing her cigarette in an empty soda can as the others entered the room.

"Okay, everyone sit down."They obeyed quietly, even the outspoken Maria, resting in various places throughout the room. She looked down at her hands, then back up at them, taking a deep breath.

"Okay, see it all started when......"

Part 4 | Index | Part 6a
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.