FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Duplicity"
Part 3
by Sineya
Disclaimer: Not mine.
Summary: (Liz takes Tess’ place as the fourth alien.) If the other three Roswellians are her true family, then why is she so different? When duplicated versions of Michael, Max, and Isabel end up in Roswell years later, Liz’s questions are answered.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: I started this story a long time ago, but never finished. Then I read DM’’s, The Secret of Zan, and got inspired. I'd also like to state, I love Max beyond a shadow of a doubt, but Zan...ooooooh.
They stood staring for what seemed like hours, hands touching softly. Everyone was silent, somehow knowing not to interrupt the delicate reunion. Somehow knowing that there was far more than going on than the surface suggested.

And there was.

As Liz and Zan stood, hands touching, and eyes melting into one another they shared. Memories passed throughout each mind. Memories of their years apart, of their years together.

//She stood on a hill, crouched down and weeping. Lost and alone in a world that she could never feel a part of.//

//He jumped out of his pod, glancin’ ‘round and seein’ the others. Walking to ‘em, embracin’ in a cold, dank sewer.//

//Moving from home to home, family to family. Never quite fitting in, never what they wanted. Finally, being taken in by a drunken old man. A trailer that smelled of alcohol, a bed that wept cockroaches.//

//Walkin’ the street with the others. Watchin’ with old eyes as people were raped nearby as he slept, runnin’ with young feet to escape the noises ‘o death.//

//Meeting a brother. A brother who apparently already had a family, who didn’t need her. Turning away from everyone, closing herself off to human emotions.//

//Stealin’ candy bars and soda from a 7-11. Watchin’ as his family became more inhuman as the days passed. Leadin ‘em, followin’ ‘em down the same route.//

//Years later, she lay in bed. Whimpering when he entered her room, screaming as he came closer, crying as she killed him.//

//Slicin’ a richie’s throat for ten measly bucks. Laughin’ along with ‘em as he wept, beggin’ for his life.//

//Growing up. Living alone, dreaming of him. Hoping maybe one day he’d come, wishing she could love the king she knew.//

//Wonderin’ why she never made it, yellin’ at her in dreams. Screamin’ until his throat was raw for her to come back to him. Memberin’ her empty pod. Cursin’ her for leavin’ him alone.//

//Wishing he’d come, hoping every night. Waking up drenched in sweat, body shivering from heated dreams.//

As there minds gave and received, they took in all. Never denying the other’s memories, reliving both good and bad.

Finally, they gasped and tore apart. Eyes shut tightly as new memories entered and swallowed their minds, turning their bright vision to a murky black.

Liz felt hands on her back, Michael’s, as he caught her before she could hit the ground. Zan was unlucky, slamming hard into the pavement and smacking his head into the flat, gray cement.

She sat up in Michael’s arms, groaning as more memories overtook her mind. It was excruciating and she felt as if her body was being torn in half.

She could hear him groaning in pain, his sister finally coming to his aid. She and Rath kneeled next to him trying to calm him down. She herself lay in Michael’s arms, body convulsing and head jerking. She finally managed to pull away from him, and stand, body shaking as she moved.

Max had come forward, walking slowly over to her. He looked at Michael who nodded. He moved so suddenly, that in her injured state she couldn’t have stopped him. Placing his hands over her temples he let his power flow through her, trying to ease the pressure on her mind. "Let me go!"She shouted at him, trying to pull away."I don’t need your help!" He finally let go, as most of the strain was lifted off her.

She pointed over at Zan, who was still laying on the ground––holding his head. "If you want to help, help him."

Max, nodded, turning towards Zan who’s eyes were now opened. He stood shakily, grinning. "S’ok , I’m cool."He looked over at her, now smiling silkily."Yo, Eilis, nice ride."

She stared back silently, searching his face for something. She felt Michael behind her, his comforting presence at her back. She spoke to him, silently.<> She heard the question in his voice as he answered.<>

<>She shouted forcefully at him, she could almost see his wince. <>Her head whipped around, as she stared harshly at him, willing him to go. He looked at her set face, nodding slowly turning towards the parking lot.Glancing over at Max and Isabel she gestured with her head to their parked cars. They followed him uncertainly, glancing back at her repeatedly, finally getting into their cars.

As they drove away, she turned back to Zan, Rath, and Lonnie. All of who had been silent during their exchange. She looked at Zan once again. "Name’s Liz." She crossed her arms over her chest, and looked at them all."Now why don’t y’all tell me why you’re here?"

Zan smirked, walking over to her, and caressing her cheek softly. "Easy."He leaned down, now cradling her face between his hands. "We came for you." Their lips touched softly, deepening into a welcomed embrace.

And sparks started to fly.

Literally.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.