FanFic - Unconventional Couples
"Secrets"
"First Story in the 'Things Change, People Change' Series"
Part 1
by Kendra
Disclaimer: Don't own them, but wish I did. :) WB and Jason Katims own them.
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Spoilers: All, I guess. Distribution: If you have my other fan fics on your site, then take it. If you don't please email me first at:(Pandi01@yahoo.com). Feedback: Feedback and constructive criticism is always welcomed. Feedback is what keeps this story going. Thanks. Dedication: Laura, my best friend. Plus, my friends at the Site Fights. Mainly, Phyllis, Kandie, Kathleen, Kenny, Kat, Sandra, and everyone else I forgot at the Site Fights. Lastly, my mom. You have to read all the short stories in this series to understand what is going on. This takes place twenty years in the future. Special thanks to Christianne and Kim for beta reading this for me, you guys are the best. :) This is going to all the lists because it's an all in one type series.
(AN: Maria POV)

I watched this sentence floated across the television screen in my room, 'Has your life changed since you were a teenager?' I can't help but laugh. My life has changed in numerous ways. My life changed the day Liz Parker was shot in the Crashdown, and Max Evans saved her life. That was almost twenty years ago. Such a long time. That day changed everything, forever. I fell for Michael, then we were off and on for most of high school. I loved him with my heart and soul. Everything seemed to be going okay, once weentered college.

Max and Liz dated throughout high school and college, then they got married when they were both twenty-five. I always knew Max and Liz would end up together. They had that look into my eyes, soul mate thing going on. I never really had that with Michael. Max became a doctor, and Liz took over the Crashdown from her parents. If you haven't guessed, they still live in Roswell, New Mexico. They have two children, and their powers aren't very developed, but Liz is happy about that. Their oldest child is Connor, who is eight. That little boy always runs up to me and says, 'Aunt Maria.' He's very sweet. He has Max's charming looks and Liz's personality. The other child is Joanna, who is five. She is so mysterious, just like Max used to be, and she looks like Liz. I see Max, Liz and their children almost everyday, since I still live in Roswell. They have the family I always dreamed of having, but I never got it. I guess I'm happy with what I have.

Isabel Evans and Alex Whitman broke up when they were both Sophomores in college. I always knew Alex deserved better than her. Don't get me wrong, I always thought Isabel was okay, it's just we never really became friends. Alex one day walked in on Isabel getting it on, hot and heavy, with Kyle Valenti. Isabel tried to explain it to Alex, but he didn't want to hear about it. They eventually couldn't work it out, and broke up. Two years later, Isabel and Kyle were married, at the age of twenty-one. I really do think they loved each other, but it was funny that Isabel was marrying the Sheriff's only son. Isabel and Kyle live in Hollywood, California with their three children. During college, Isabel majored in Dramatic Theatre Arts, her goal was to become a famous actress, which she did. Sometimes I go into stores and see her face plastered on the front of magazines. It's quite ironic that Kyle ended up with her. Kyle is a photographer. Their three children are Jenna, who is fourteen, Ethan, who is nine, and Tyler, who is seven. I rarely see Isabel, Kyle and their children. I think the last time I saw them was around four years ago, at Max and Liz's house.

Onto Michael Guerin. Michael, Michael, Michael. My one time true love. During college he came to me and told me he was going on a search for answers. Him and his search for damn answers broke us apart. I told him I would go with him, and stick by his side. No, he didn't want that. He told me just to leave him be. He left without even saying good bye, I haven't seen him since that fateful day when I was twenty-two.

A few weeks after he was gone, I found out I was pregnant, with his child. I was scared, I didn't know what to do. I told Alex, and he helped me in so many ways. He comforted me, in ways I don't think Michael ever could have. Alex told me he would marry me, and he would raise the child as his own. No one would have to know. So, we married a month later, and my little Gabrielle came into the world seven months after we were married. Everyone just thought she was born early, no one thought she could be Michael's. At least, that's what I was led to believe. The only person that thought Gabrielle could have been Michael's was Isabel. She confronts me about it every time I see her. Alex and I wanted everyone to think Gabrielle was our creation. Alex and I have three children of our own together. Ryan, who is ten, Jason, who is eight, and little Patricia, who is four. I guess we're a happy family. Sometimes I have my regrets and doubts.

I look into Gabrielle's face and see Michael. She has his hair, his smirk, everything about her reminds me of him. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever see him again, see his smile, have him hold me, but if he did ever come back, I couldn't do that. I'm married to Alex, and I can't betray him, can I? I doubt Michael would ever come back. He didn't even tell Max and Isabel where he was going. He just up and left. He left me and our unborn daughter behind. Of course, he didn't know about Gabrielle, but still. One thing I'm scared of is that someday Michael will come back, and he'll see Gabrielle. He'll just have to know that's his daughter, won't he? I mean, don't people have intuition like that? If he found out Gabrielle was his, would he take her away from Alex and I? Would he ruin our family? Would I fall for him again? I'm not worried about telling Gabrielle that Michael is her father, and an alien. Gabrielle knows Alex is not her father, she knows Michael is, but she is not allowed to tell anyone that. Alex and I told her that it was to be kept a secret. When Gabrielle was around two years old her powers kicked in. Her powers are very strong, unlike Max and Liz's children. Now that Gabrielle is older, she knows how to control them.

My other children are great. Ryan and Jason are very nice boys, but they are sort of nerdy, like Alex was at their age. They have Alex's dark hair, and infectious laugh. Patricia looks like me, but she has Alex's eyes. All my children usually get along. Who would have ever thought I would end up with four children, and be the wife of Alex Whitman?

Alex is a successful computer programmer. He does computers for various small businesses in Roswell. Myself, I'm a writer, can you tell? I tend to exaggerate things. I have a thing for the dramatics. I usually write fiction romances. Sometimes my novels tend to have things about my life in them. I wonder if Michael knows that I'm a writer? I wonder if he still remembers me? It doesn't matter anyway, I'm never going to see him again, he's gone and left me far behind. I have Alex and my children, who I love dearly. They are everything to me now.

******

(AN: Alex POV)

I watch as Gabrielle rushes over to where I am seated in the living room. She smiles at me, and I remember when Maria had her. Sometimes I wish she was all mine, I know she loves me and considers me her father, but I will never be her real father. Michael is her real father. I wonder why I ever went along with Maria. She wanted to tell everyone Gabrielle was my daughter, and not Michael's. So, I went along. I couldn't see Maria upset. When we married, we didn't marry for love, we married for convenience. A marriage for convenience can never be a good marriage, can it? I've asked myself that question over and over in my head for years. When I married Maria, I married her as a friend. I was heartbroken over Isabel cheating on me, even though it had been almost two years since that happened. Maria was heartbroken and stressed because Michael had left her. Two heartbroken people are not a perfect match. After our first year of marriage, we learned to love each other, as real lovers, not just friends. We didn't make love until a year and a half into our marriage, now that's odd, isn't it? We then had our children, which I love more than life itself.

"Daddy," Gabrielle sighed. "Are you listening to me?"

"Sorry Gabby," I said. "You know I'm getting old, I have to have my hearing checked." She laughs at my joke, which makes me happy. I love to see her laugh. When she smiles it brightens my life, after all, she is my little girl, my sunshine. If I were to ever lose her I don't know what I would do. If Michael ever came back and found out she was his, would he take her away from me?

"Well, I'm off to that party," Gabrielle said. "I just wanted to let you know. Oh, and Dad, where's Mom?"

Good question, where is Maria? Last time I talked to her she said she was headed to the bedroom to get some rest. She's probably in there thinking, just like I'm thinking. I wonder, if she ever thinks we are not meant to be together? I mean, I love her, but I hopeshe loves me.

"I think she's in her room, why?" I ask.

"Just wondering," Gabrielle said. "I'm out of here."

She leans down and kisses me softly on the cheek. I watch as she retreats out the front door. My baby is growing up so fast. It's hard to believe Michael has been gone for almost fifteen years, and Gabrielle is fourteen. Time sure flies.

******

The next story is: Numerous Regrets - Michael POV

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.