FanFic - Unconventional Pairings
"The Palace"
Part 1
by Andaluchia
Disclaimer: You already know they don't belong to me. Just the plot!
Summary: Don't really know. Just going along.
Category: Unconventional Pairings
Rating: PG
Maria walked cautiously out into the dark night. A few feet away from her was Michael sitting on a bench staring up at her. He waited patiently. Maria lowered her head in shyness as she got closer to him. She finally reached him. "Hello," she said softly. He smiled at her. "Hi," he said nervously. He moved over and she sat down next to him. Their eyes never left each other. Maria nervously fidgeted with her dress. Michael watched her with an 'how cute' expression. Michael touched her cheek and lifted her face to look into his eyes. He leaned in and kissed her. After the moment of pure bliss they pulled apart smiling and looking into each others eyes. "I..." Michael began. Maria looked into his eyes longingly waiting for whatever it was that he was going to say. "I..." Michael said again. He threw his hands up in the air and sighed. "Max, come on! It's 2 in the morning!" He proclaimed. Maria leaned against the back of the bench and threw her head back. "Uuuhhh!" She said in frustration. "All right, Cut!" Max yelled. "Both of you go home. We'll pick this up tomorrow." "Thank God. I have to go." Michael announced. "Going to see that skank?" Maria asked with a sarcastic smile. Michael rolled his eyes and sighed. "Maria, I don't want to have this discussion with you again." He said and began to walk off. Maria turned to Max. "Max, why couldn't you cast one of Michael's other girlfriends to play this part?" She asked. Max sighed. "Oh that's right! They CAN'T READ!" She yelled so Michael could hear, but he ignored her. "Maria," Max warned. "Please, don't start this tonight." Maria threw her hands up and left to go backstage.

"This is great! Just GREAT!" Maria yelled in anger. "Calm down." Isabel said. "Why did he have to pick Michael to play my love interest in Les Miserables?" Maria asked mainly to herself. "If I'm not mistaken you were ecstatic when Michael got the part." Isabel said. "Yeah, well, that was before he decided to cheat on me." Maria answered. "And Max is over here being director Dawson Leery trying to keep the peace. God, I'm so pissed!" She yelled. Isabel handed Maria her Cyprus Oil and Maria breathed the aroma in deeply. "Thanks Isabel." "Welcome. Now, it's 2 a.m. The night is young." Isabel said happily. Maria turned around and looked at her. "Isabel, I'm tired." Maria whined. "And pissed!" She added. Isabel grabbed Maria's hand and pulled her towards the exit. "You need to have fun! Now, come on! Let's go to the Palace and party!" Isabel said while doing a few dance moves. Maria started to laugh. "You're such a good friend." "I know. Now, let's forget about Mr. Czechoslovakian jerk and hit the club scene." Isabel said. "MAX COME ON! THE PALACE!" Isabel yelled in Max's direction.

Techno music blared through the speakers at the club. Everyone was dancing except for Maria. She was just watching everyone. Isabel called up her boyfriend, Alex and he came down. So, she was dancing with him. Max was off dancing by himself. He never danced with anybody. Ever since Liz was shot and Max failed to help her he was always quiet and by himself. That all happened years ago.

Liz fell to the floor. Max immediately went to get up and as soon as he did Michael held him back. "No, Max. No!" He said to him. Max pushed him off and rushed to Liz's side. He tore open her waitress uniform to examine the shot. He placed his hand over the wound and the visions came immediately. He saw her whole life flash before his eyes. "No." Max whispered. "Please, no." He opened his eyes. It had been her time. Liz died right there on the floor of the restaurant. Max looked up and saw Maria standing above him. She had seen everything. She stood there with wide eyes and tears streaming down her cheeks. "I..." Max didn't know what to say. What if Maria thought he had just killed Liz? Maria looked up at him. "You better go before they come and ask questions." She whispered. Max stared at her for a moment. "I'm sorry. Please, don't tell anyone." He said and ran out the door.

"Maria? Maria are you OK?" Maria snapped out of her daze down memory lane and looked over at Max. "Sorry, I was just...thinking." She answered. "Listen, Maria. I'm sorry about Michael." He said. "He just--" "You don't have to apologize or explain for Michael. He's 22 years old. He's a big boy. He knows what he's doing and it has nothing to do with you. It's not your fault." She said to him. "I know, but we owe you a lot." After he saw the shock on Maria's face he regretted saying that. "I didn't--" "I didn't know you were being friends with me all these years because you felt you owed me." She said and began walking off. Max grabbed her arm. "Maria, that came out really wrong." He said. Maria stopped. She knew Max didn't mean it that way. "I know. I'm sorry. I'm just upset about--" "Michael," Max finished for her. "Yeah," Maria said under her breathe. She looked up at Max. "I'm going to go. Tell Isabel I'm sorry, I'm just really tired." She said. Max nodded. Maria walked off. "Bye Maria." Max whispered.

As soon as she walked through the door she knew he was there. She sighed. "Michael, what are you doing here?" "We need to talk, Maria." He said calmly. Maria took her jacket off and threw the keys on the counter. "About?" She asked. Michael stood up from the chair and went over to her. "You know." He said to her. Maria turned and walked away from him. "Maria, don't walk away. Please." He pleaded. "Michael, we have nothing to talk about." She said to him. He jumped in front of her. "Yes, we do...I...I didn't cheat on you." He whispered to her. Maria sighed with frustration. "Why do you keep denying it?" Maria asked. "Because, I didn't do anything!" Michael answered. Maria pushed him out of the way. "Maria, wait!" He yelled to her. "Marry me." Maria stopped and turned around. She looked at Michael. He was standing there nervously waiting for her answer. "No. You hurt me." She replied. Michael lowered his head and took a deep breath. He looked up at Maria who was walking away. "You act like you didn't do it either." He said to her. Maria stopped again and turned around. "What is that supposed to mean?" She waited for him to answer. "Don't say anything you're going to regret." She added. "It means that I know something was going on between you and 'what's his face.'" He replied. Maria advanced on him. "His name is James and there was NOTHING going on between us. We are just friends!" She yelled at him. "Well, Kylia and I are just friends also!" He said to her. Maria shook her head. "No, see I'm telling the truth and you're lying to me!" She yelled. "Why am I lying and you're telling the truth?" He asked. She didn't answer. "Maria, I SWEAR you're the ONLY one I'm with." He promised her. "Just go." Maria said softly. "Just leave, please." "This is my house, too." Michael replied. Maria shook her head. "Fine, I'm leaving then." She said grabbing her things and walking out the door.

Isabel rolled over and watched Alex sleeping. "Alex?" She whispered. "Hmm?" Came out of his mouth. "*Alex*" She said again. Alex shifted a little bit. "Huh? Yeah, I'm here. What is it?" He mumbled. "I think they belong together. Don't you?" She asked. Alex opened his eyes. He knew who she was talking about. "Yeah," he said honestly. "Let's play cupid!" She sat up happily. "Isabel, no. Don't be getting in the middle of things." Alex said to her. Isabel pouted. "Come on! They SO belong together! We have to!" She replied. Alex looked at her. Isabel gave him a puppy face. Alex rolled his eyes and sighed. "OK. Fine, we'll play cupid. But, tonight let's get some sleep."

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.