FanFic - Unconventional Couples
"And She Danced"
Part 1
by Karen Wood
Disclaimer: The usual. I don't own them. Others do. I'm just writing my thoughts about the characters down and sharing. Without profitting of course.
Summary: What Michael was thinking while Maria, Isabel and Tess danced in the cafe.
Category: Unconventional Couples
Rating: PG
Authors Note: This is un-beta'd so all errors are my own.
Christ I don't need this right now. I'm supposed to be a warrior. Believe me, I have no clue what that means either, but I do know what it doesn't mean. And that's some guy hung up on some girl. Destiny or not.

What the hell are they doing over there anyway? I hate when chicks do that. You don't see guys just dancing with guys do you? Not unless they play for the other team or whatever, which is fine. But you never see two or three straight guys out on the dance floor with no women around, not caring who watched.

Check that. I think...no I KNOW the girls care who's watching. In fact, come to think of it, that's probably why they do it. Because we're watching. There always is you know? A bunch of guys watching, shaking their heads as their girlfriends dance with their girlfriends. Or a bunch of terminally single guys jealous they aren't in the mix.

I can tell you right now it's happening over there. Tess? Well she's dancing for Max. Dancing for her...our...fearless leader. Sure he's not here right now. But I can see that mind working. She's hoping he'll be here any second. Hoping he'll walk through that door and be stopped dead by her beauty or her sexy moves or whatever. It's pretty clear.

And Maria? That's a no-brainer. Like she's dancing for Alex or somethin...poor guy. Nope. She's dancing for me. Yeah, I've made it clear, or what I thought was clear, that we're over. Through. But she's dancing for me anyway. I can tell by the way she keeps looking over here to see if I'm looking. Acting like she's not. Acting like she doesn't care, but at the same time secretly wanting me to know she does.

It's all a game. All about who's watching who, or who's not watching at all and should be, or who you want to watch, or who you want to watch you. Yeah, it gets complicated doesn't it? Too complicated for a simple warrior. Which is why I'd rather stay out of it.

But I can't. Not as long as she's there. Dancing for herself. That's our Iz. Always a little different. While the other girls dance to be seen, she'd never dream of it. Afterall, she's Isabel Evans. She's seen everywhere anyway, right? She doesn't need to put herself out there to get a guy's attention. But right now? She's got Alex's that's for sure. Poor guy. She acts like she doesn't know he's there. Only I don't think it's an act. Like I said, poor guy.

Yeah and poor me too. God I wish she was dancing for me. Looking at me...getting me to dance when no one else can. I'd do it too. Dance with her. Even to this crap. What the hell is this anyway?

It doesn't matter. If I was with her I wouldn't care. I'd just dance..and lose myself in her eyes or something equally as sappy. Poor Alex? Yeah right. Poor me. I've got it bad and I can't even show it like he can. I've got to hide it if I want to be free for what lies ahead. I wasn't lying when I told Maria I couldn't have some girl waiting at home for me. Not even if that girl is Isabel.

So here I am. Sitting at the end of the bar, making it look casual. While watching her dance for herself. Making myself look bored, like I could be looking at any of them.

While I look at her.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.