FanFic - Other
"There's Something In The Air"
Part 1
by Giselle Amanda
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: This is not a spoilers, this comes from our imaginations. If anything in our story appears in later episodes, then we're sorry. Our story is about something, magic, in the air. Which makes Max, Michael, Liz, Maria, Isabel, Alex, and Kyle do some crazy things!!!
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This story is better understood and read by people who watch and love Roswell.
Liz sat on her rooftop in a folding chair with her journal in her lap looking up at the stars. She was bundled up in a thick warm blanket. "It's December 10th and I'm Liz Parker. Something strange has been going on, and this time, it has nothing to do with Max and the others… sort of. It all started a few days ago after the heat wave had hit…."

Liz walked down the crowed hallway in the early morning looking for Max. All she could think about was the kiss she and Max had shared. She wanted another, she desired it. It's all she could think about. She, in some way, became addicted to kissing him. She felt like a 30-year-old smoker, who was about to quit, and just needed one more cigarette before getting on the patch. She was hooked, addicted, wanted more! Suddenly, she spotted the object of her affection. There he was, the only one who could make her blood boil…literally. And then she began to remember what Max had said, about their relationship, just before she gave that one last kiss, for keepsake. Max walked over to his locker watching Liz as if not to draw attention to the fact that he was gawking and almost drooling. He wanted to walk up to her and hold her in his arms and kiss her passionately. But he knew he couldn't. It hurt him to see her and not be able to be with her. He started to regret what he had told her the previous night, but then realized, it was for the best. He kept walking straight ahead as he watched Liz's every move. Suddenly, he collided with a tall, strong figure. He looked up to find himself staring face-to-face with the school's most feared athlete, Jimmy Bona. Jimmy was tall, muscular, mean, and the school bully. He was also good pals with the infamous Kyle Valenti. "Sorry." Max said with a tiny hint of fear in his voice. Jimmy just starred at Max with an angry expression on his face and grunted as he walked straight into Max pushing him out of the direction he was heading. Liz walked up to Max as he watched Jimmy stomp down the hallway. "Hey" Liz said smiling at Max. "Hey" he replied. They walked down the crowded hallway together. "So…" Liz said, trying to find something to say. "So…" Max said trying to break the awkward silence. "Well, about the other night..." Liz began. "Yea, the other night." Max said. "It was-" she was cut off by Michael's entrance. "Hey, Max" Michael said as he walked with them. "Liz" he said as he looked at her. "Hey Michael" she said, and then Max repeating her greeting to Michael. "I have to get going Max, but I'll see you later" Liz said. "Yea, I'll swing by the Crashdown after school." He told her. "O.K, cool" she said as she smiled and began to walk backwards in the opposite direction.

"So, what's up with you and Liz?" Michael asked. "What's up with you and Maria?" Max asked playfully, changing the subject. "I asked you first" Michael told him. "I asked you second." Max announced. "Well, not much. She still hates me with a passion." Michael told him. "Gee, I wonder why?" Max asked. "Well, I tried to explain to her that I'm, you know, a loner. Maybe I just said a little to harshly." Michael said embarrassed. "Now, why am I not surprised?" Max asked. Michael stopped and looked at Max. "Now, what is that supposed to mean?" Michael asked upset. Before Max could answer him the bell rang as students began to head for their classes. Max looked at Michael, not knowing what to say. Michael watched Max with an expression of anger and disbelief on his face. He then started walking in Max's direction starring deep into his eyes, until finally passing Max, leaving him by himself in the hallway.

Liz stood behind the counter wiping the surface of the counter with a rag. "Slow day" she heard a male voice say to her. Liz looked up to find herself face to face with Eddie. "Eddie," she said surprised, "what are you doing here?" "Just passing through and thought I'd grab a quick bite." He explained to her. "So, how have you been?' she asked him as she passed him a menu. "Great. What about you?" he asked as he looked at the menu. "Fine. How's RiverDog?" "Peaceful" he said as he looked up from the menu. "You know, we never got a chance to thank him, for helping us-" she was cut off by Eddie. "You don't have to, you already have." He told her. An expression of confusion came across Liz's face. She looked passed Eddie and saw Max heading her way. Max walked up to her and sat at the counter next to Eddie. "Hey" Max said to Liz. "Max, you remember Eddie." Liz said as she looked at Max and then Eddie. Max turned his head and looked at Eddie with a surprised expression on his face. "Eddie, what are you doing here?" Max asked. "What? Can't a guy eat?" he replied. "Sorry," Max said "Nice to see you again" "Yea, same here" Eddie said in an unconvincing voice. "So, Liz," Max started looking at Liz "that new horror movie is opening up tomorrow. I was thinking we could go see it. You know, as friends." "Sure" Liz said quickly and anxiously. "As friends." She said slowly and sadly, nodding her head. "Oh, wait. I promised I'd do something with Maria tomorrow night." Liz said sadly. "Wait, maybe we could bring her." Liz said as Eddie watched the two teens. "Oh, well, I was sort of hoping it could be just the two of us, but-" Max was cut off by Liz. "What if you bring Michael?" Liz suggested. "Uh, I don't know, Maria and Michael aren't on really good terms right now." Max said. "I know, but this could be a chance for them to reconcile. " She told him. "Come on," she continued, "we could, you know, leave them alone for awhile and then they would have to talk and work everything out." She explained. "And while their doing that…" Max started. Just then Eddie cleared his throat as Liz looked in his direction. "Oh, I'm sorry Eddie. What can I get you?" she asked him. "Nothing. I just lost my appetite." he mumbled as he stood up and looked at Max. "I'll see you guys around" he said as he left.

Eddie sat by a fire holding a bag in his hand late that night. He began to chant in his language. He then picked up a bowl filled with water, next to him. He picked up the bowl and placed it in front of him, still chanting. He picked up some sand from the ground and threw it into the bowl, still chanting. He pulled out a small leather bag from his pocket, reached into it and pulled out his hand full of a white powder. He then threw the powder into the fire, causing the flames to rise and the air above it to turn a light blue color. It was as if the powder was flying within the wind. The blue wind floated around the fire as Eddie chanted. His chant began to become more intense like the expression on his face. He opened the other bag and inside of it were energy stones, of a clear color. The same stones that helped save Michael's life. He picked one up from the bag that had an "L" placed on it, this stone had been the one Liz had used to help save Michael. As he leaned over he dropped the stone in the bowl, still chanting, a bit louder this time. All his attention was focused on the little clear stone that had once been in her palm that he didn't realize the other stones that had been inside the bag had fallen out and into the bowl with the other marked stone. Eddie stopped his chant after the stones had fell in. Just then the blue wind began to swirl in a circle, faster and faster, until it rose high above the fire and Eddie stood still and starred. The little blue tornado floated towards the town of Roswell. Eddie stood up, an scared expression ran across his face. He stood still as he asked himself, "My God! What have I done?" as he ran his fingers through his hair.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.