FanFic - Other
"I miss you"
Part 1
by Jo
Disclaimer: I don't own this, the WB and many more do, I also don't own Incubus
Summary: It has been two months since Liz has last seen Max (and of course Maria hasn't seen Micheal,) she is totally devistated, as expected.
Category: Other
Rating: PG
Authors Note: This is what I would hope to happen. I am not the Roswell writers so it would of course be different, but I think I would be overly frustrated if it ended like this. No one would be able to survive after saying good bye to their soulmate for ever. And Max? I mean, he doesn't even like Tess. How would he survive his life without Liz? Tell me this is not totally screwed up. Oh well, like I said, I'm not the writers or the critics, but It would be hard to believe Liz, Maria, or Alex would be able to survive to their 25th birthday without having a complete melt down. After all, this is only my opinion....

"To know that you feel the same

As I do, is a threefold, utopian dream.

You do something to me

That I can't explain.

So would I be out of line,

If I said

I miss you."

(Incubus)

Liz let her tears mingle with the shower water. It had been two months since anyone had seen Max, Isabel, Michael, or Tess. It had been two months since she said her horrible good-bye to Max and basically accepted that she couldn't be with him and Tess could. Liz let a sharp sob out. *How could I just let Tess have him like that? Why did they have to be destined to be together? Max and I should be together.....* she thought with tears streaming down her face.

Liz had hardly been seen with a smile on her face during this whole time. Only when her parents were around. But even then her face was stiff from crying and you could tell it was fake. Her mother had caught her crying and tried to ask what was wrong. *But how could Mom possibly understand? She hasn't been in a situation even close to this* she couldn't help but laugh a bit at that. No one had been in a situation like this but Maria, Alex, and her. But even the two of them seemed to be able to go on with their lives like nothing happened.

Liz turned off the water and dried off. She walked to her room and saw the clothes she had set out for herself. She didn't even feel like getting dressed. What would be the point? She would still feel naked. And torn, as though part of her soul had been ripped from her and was somewhere flaunting around with that b**** Tess.

Liz was shocked with her thoughts. She know that Max missed her. Or maybe she was just hoping. Liz fell onto her pillow, sobbing.
~~~~~~


"I know I'll see you again

Whether far or soon.

But I need you to know,

That I care

And I miss you."

(Incubus)

Maria watched the road fly by. She was running an errand for her mother. It was becoming extremely hard to keep her happy go lucky personality around her mother. How could she? When every second of the day she was thinking about Michael and how she would never see him again. Inside, she was empty.

Every time she thought about Michael she thought about what he last said to her. He loved her! But what use is that now? Michael was gone, and he was destined to be with Isabel. *They knew before the hologram told them. I could tell. But I was just as devastated when Liz told me* she thought holding back tears.

She took a deep breath and let it out slowly, hoping it would cleanse her soul. Isn't that what all those books said? Well, if they did or not, it didn't work, she still felt awful. She felt a tear roll down her face. She quickly wiped it away. *No! I will not cry!*

She ran her errand quickly, she did not want them to look in her eyes and see she was suffering. She pasted a fake smile on her face and ran through it. She jumped into the car yelling a "Thanks!" And ran to the Crashtown Cafe, even with how awful she and Liz felt they had to work today. Oh, the nerve!

She parked her car quickly and ran inside. She hoped she wasn't late.

~~~~~~~

"Maxwell."

Max turned to see Michael standing there with a concerned look on his face.

"Yes?"

"Max, you've been sitting out here for over an hour, doing nothing important, as I can tell."

Max stared back out of the cave. They had been staying in the cave for two months. Only coming out to get food. Max and Isabel hadn't even said good-bye to their parents, but that wasn't what Max was thinking about. Max was thinking about Liz. Max was always thinking about Liz. Even when they were trying to figure out how to work the transmitters or anything else they did, he was always thinking of Liz.

Tess was awful. How could he have chosen her for a bride? She was selfish and oblivious to everything around her. When Max wanted to be alone, she would follow him around like a sick puppy. It was like she had no mind of her own and she depended on Max for everything. He hated that.

Nacedo had left them the day after they said good-bye to their human friends. So Tess was even more dependent on Max after that. Michael and Isabel didn't really like her and so she thought Max did. But of course he didn't. How could he like her when he was in love with the most incredible creature in the Universe and beyond? How could he think of anything but her and the pain she must be going through?

"MAX!"

Max turned in surprise to see Michael still standing there. How could Michael understand? He was surprised with his words. Michael had gone through it too, but at the same time, he believed his words. Michael couldn't possibly love Maria as much as he loved Liz.

"Michael.....do you ........miss .......Maria?"
~~~~~~~

Michael was completely surprised at Max's words. Miss? He felt he couldn't breathe without her. Life was an empty shell without her. But he knew that Max was suffering more than he was. Tess was throwing herself at him every day. Isabel was missing Alex like Michael was missing Maria and they didn't say anything much to each other. Tess was reminding Max that he couldn't be with Liz and had to be with her.

But Michael more than missed Maria. He hid it very well but inside he felt himself slowly dying without her. He told himself to think of things having nothing to do with Maria, but it all seemed to come back to her.

Tess was extremely annoying. Everyday she rubbed it in our faces that we were stuck with her. I hate to admit this now, but I'd much rather Max be with Liz instead of that whiny little girl who can't even think for herself.

She was totally devastated when Nacedo left us. Of course always saying that he would come and get us. But I know deep down that he's not coming back until we figure out how to get back home. Home. What a funny word to describe where we have to go. To Michael, home was Maria.

"Of course I miss Maria."
~~~~~~~

"Liz! Get table 5!" John yelled from the kitchen. He was the new cook they had to get after Michael left. Not that he really came all the time anyway.

Liz had been zoning out again. She was doing that far too often now. She didn't even see Maria come up to her and say hello.

She blinked twice.

"Hello, Maria," she gave her friend a big hug.

"I'll get the table, John," she said to the cook after she backed away from Maria.

She walked up to the table. She pasted a smile on her face.

"What can I get for you today?" she asked. As they began to say their orders something caught Liz's eye at the door. She looked up and gaped at what she saw. It was Max! He walked up to her quickly with a smile on his face. He picked her up and spun her around and kissed her with all his might. She was laughing. Oh, Max! You came back for me!

Then she got snapped back into reality.

"Excuse me, miss. Miss, are you all right?"

Liz glanced around. Everyone was staring at her.

"No, no. I'm not all right," Liz said as she ran to the back room.

She ran under the stairs hoping no one would find her there. What was happening? It was so real. Like those things Tees did. A trick on her mind? Oh, why would anyone do that? In front of everybody? But maybe it was just a figment of her imagination. Oh, it was so real though.

Liz heard the door crack open. And she heard giggling.

"Liz, come out, come out wherever you are."

Tess' voice. Liz pulled her knees closer. Why did Tess hate her so much? Max loves me but that's not my fault. Tess got her way anyway. She got Max.

Tess was in the room now. Looking all over the place, talking while looking.

"I won't hurt you......much"-giggles-" You know, Liz, when I first met you I knew I'd have to kill you. You had Max, Max and I belong together, so I knew I'd have to kill you."

She's talking crazy talk. Oh, why doesn't someone come in here?

"I thought I had gotten rid of you, when you said your boohoo speech that I belonged with Max. I thought you had come to your senses. But I was wrong." Liz could tell Tess' smile was gone. "I was wrong. 'Cause you know what? Max won't even look at me. Won't even talk to me. Because he's always thinking about you. So now I have to kill you. So Max will stop thinking about you and start thinking about me," the smile was back.

Liz had heard enough. She jumped out of her hiding.

"He doesn't love you! He loves me! He will always love me! Even if you kill me, he will still love me!" she screamed at Tess.

"Shut up! He doesn't love you! He doesn't even know what love is except for what he had with me!"

"Exactly! What he HAD with you! He loves me, even if you kill me he will still love me!"

"That is not true! If I kill you he'll love me like the way he used to!"

Liz could tell Tess was starting to believe that Liz was right. Where was everybody shouldn't someone have come back by now?

"He will love me even if I'm dead!"

"That's not true, if you die. He'll love me! He'll love me."

Tess sat down. Actually she more collapsed down. She was mumbling now. "He'll love me, he'll love me."

Liz saw this as a time to escape. She ran to the door. Tess stepped in front of her with a smile on her face. Liz dashed up the stairs with Tess yelling after her. She ran to her room and locked the door, she knew Tess could unlock it but it gave her some time. She dashed out onto the patio and down her ladder and jumped into the alley. She checked to see if Tess was following. She was.

Liz jumped into her mother's car. She had only one thought: Get to Max.
~~~~~~~

It took all morning to figure out Tess was gone. They noticed that the Jeep was missing. Tess must have taken it. Max knew he needed to catch Tess. He knew Liz was in some kind of danger. He ran out to the road. He saw Liz's car coming. His heart skipped a beat. He was going to see Liz! Then he saw the Jeep close behind her. He had to get to Liz before Tess got to her. He somehow knew Liz's life was in danger. He started running toward her car and she stopped right in front of him and jumped out of the car. She ran into his open arms and they closed instantly around her. She felt tears rolling down her cheeks.

She backed away. Her voice was ragged. "Max, Max, she said she was going to kill me!"

Max's eyes grew wide and his hate for Tess grew. That was when he noticed Tess standing in front of him. He held Liz tighter.

Tess had a the eyes of a mad man.

"Max, we belong together. She is messing up everything. You can't love her. She needs to be destroyed," Tess said with frightening calmness.

Michael and Isabel ran up behind Max and Liz.

"What are you talking about, Tess?" Isabel asked, fear in her voice. "Why would you ever want to kill anyone?"

"Nacedo always said that people are nothing, they do not belong in our lives-"

"Nacedo is a liar! Even he himself had human friends!" Michael said, stepping closer.

Tess looked at him with hate, tears in her eyes, "Don't ever talk about Nacedo like that! He is not a liar! People are worthless! They do not belong with us!"

"He's right Tess."

They all looked over in surprise. Nacedo was standing there.

"People are not worthless and now I realize that. If it hadn't of been for humans, I wouldn't be here now. It took me this time alone to figure that out."

Tess looked at him in amazement and confusion, "But- but you said..."

"I'm not always right, you know. I have to take the rest of my life to be happy with myself now. I have killed far too many people. I know that now," Nacedo took a couple steps forward. "I have been spending my days with a very old friend." He glanced at Liz and Max, "Riverdog. Even after all I told him about my past he believes that I can be happy with myself and I trust him. I just hope he can trust me."

Liz smiled. If Nacedo was talking like this she hoped Tess would believe it is true.

"Tess I believe your being here is endangering these people's lives too much. I'm afraid I must send you back alone."

They all stared at Nacedo in amazement. He had ways of sending them back? Why didn't he tell them before?

"I didn't tell you before because it's only powerful enough to send one body back. I thought it was going to be me, but now I think it must be Tess."

Tess stared at him in amazement.

"Well, say your good-byes Tess, you're leaving now."

Tess saw there was no point in arguing. So she went up to Max who still hadn't let go of Liz. She glared at Liz and smiled sweetly at Max. "Till we meet again." Max looked away from her. He hated her so much it was hard not to slap her. She said quick good-byes to Michael and Isabel. Only Isabel said a quick bye.

Tess turned to Nacedo. Nacedo pulled out six stones like the energy stones except five of them were red and one was blue. He handed the blue one to Tess and handed the red ones to the others. As he came around to Liz, he placed his hand over hers.

"I'm sorry for all I have done."

Liz didn't really know why he was apologizing to her but she nodded and smiled.

They stood in a circle around Tess. Giving their power to make her go home. Tess had a smile on her face but Liz couldn't figure out why. There was a flash of light and she was gone. Liz felt her heart sigh. Tess was gone! Max was hers! But Liz still felt a feeling of dread. I mean, couldn't Tess make their minds think that she left but she really didn't? She had an instant impulse to grab for Max. He pulled her in and embraced her.

He leaned down and gave her the sweetest kiss ever. When he backed away, she glanced around them. They were not where they were before.

"Max..."

She glanced up at him. He was just as confused as she was.

"Max, where are we?"

"I don't know..."

She took in her surroundings. They were in the desert. Definitely somewhere in New Mexico. Max backed away a bit to look at where they were. Liz grabbed onto him. He turned to look at her.

"I lost you once. I don't think I could bear it if I lost you again," she said softly.

He smiled and kissed her. He grabbed her hand and they began to walk around. There wasn't much but sand and dead looking plants. Then the wind started to sound like laughter.

"Max, Max do you hear that?"

He looked at her. His eyes showed he had heard it too. The laughter got louder. Liz grabbed onto Max and his arms folded to protect her. The laughter got louder and louder until it was hurting their ears.

"Max!" Liz screamed over the laughter, "Max, that's Tess' laugh!"

He looked down at her with eyes that knew that she was right. The laughter stopped. But Liz grabbed tighter. She thought it could only get worse and she never wanted to let go of Max.

"There will be consequences...."

It sounded like the wind at first, but then they could hear it clearly.

"Consequences for what?" Max yelled back, as if expecting an answer from the wind.

Then Tess appeared. On the rock near by. One second she wasn't there, the next she was, with her dress flapping in the wind. She had the strangest smile on her face.

"Max," her voice still sounded like the wind, "did you forget why you chose me for a bride?"

He looked at her with confusion.

"How could I remember? I was in a different life!" he said back.

"I'm a witch. Does that remind you?"

He looked at her. Liz looked up at him, she knew he remembered but he didn't want to give in.

"When I found you, you were near death. You pleaded, help me, help me, Turna, which was my name if you can remember. So I said I would help you if you promised to marry me. You said, of course, anything. I said, but what's more, if you leave me and refuse not to marry me or if you divorce me later on or saw anyone else, I would kill you. Kill you and no one could ever save you. Do you remember now, Prince?"

Liz was still looking at him. He never let go of her but she knew Tess was right.

"Of course you do. So you can save yourself now by leaving that poor wretched being and come back to me."

Max looked down at Liz. There were tears in her eyes.

"You have to go," she whispered. "You have to. It's the only way you'll survive."

He looked at her with pure kindness. "No," he said softly.

"No! I will not leave Liz!" he screamed at Tess.

She obviously wasn't expecting this.

"You mean, you would rather give up your life than live it without Liz?"

He looked down at Liz. "Of course," he said loud enough for Tess to hear.

Tess' eyes filled up with hate. She gathered up energy and aimed it at Max, but at the last moment Liz put herself in front of Max and she received the blast. And......nothing happened. Liz didn't fall. She didn't die. She wasn't even hurt.

Tess looked at her in amazement. Then she screamed as she got swallowed up by darkness.

Max and Liz stared at the empty spot for a bit. Then Max looked down at her.

"But how?" he asked softly.

Liz smiled. "She said that it would harm you. It would harm you to the point that no one could help you. She never said anything about it being able to harm me."

"But you took the chance...."

"You were willing to give up your life for me. How could I not have taken the chance?"

Max smiled and picked her up and spun her around. He held her close and said, "I love you."

Then he kissed her with all his might. When they backed away they were back with Isabel and Michael. Maria and Alex were there too. They were laying on one of the beds in the cave. Maria jumped up.

"Oh! Lizzie!"

Liz got up and gave Maria a huge hug.

"What happened?" she asked Maria.

Isabel stood up.

"When Max kissed you, you both fainted. We thought you were dead. But Nacedo said you weren't. We asked how we knew. He told us about how Tess was a witch and-"

Liz looked up at her, "Yeah, we kind of figured that out."

"He also said that if your love was true, you would be able to destroy Tess and you would both come back unharmed. But there was nothing we could do till you came back."

"How did Nacedo know that?" Max asked.

Isabel looked over to him, "He said that the energy stones had given him some kind of power and he saw what Tess was planning."

"Where is Nacedo now?" Liz asked.

"He went to Riverdog's," Michael said standing up. He walked over to Maria and put his arm around her waist.

Liz nodded slowly. Then she looked up at Max. Then looked back at them again.

"Maria, I have another question. How did you not know that I was in danger? Didn't you hear me yelling?" Liz asked Maria.

Maria looked over at her. "Tess must have been using her Jedi mind tricks again. I didn't even see you run back there. By the time it had worn off, you were already gone."

"Oh."

Liz looked up at Max again and he looked at her. The others seemed to see this as a hint to leave them alone.

Alex jumped up. "Come on, Izzie. Let's go for a walk."

Isabel looked back at him and smiled, "Why sure, Alex."

She grabbed his hand and they walked out the door.

Maria looked up at Michael. She sighed. He hadn't gotten the hint.

"Come on, Michael. These two must be hungry, let's go get them some food," He gave her a confused look and she pulled him out of the cave.

Liz stared into Max's eyes and he stared into hers. She didn't even realize she had somehow gotten into Max's arms. She put her hand behind his head and pulled him toward her. Oh, how many times had she dreamed of being with him again? Their lips met and Liz felt her whole body tingle. She traced the nape of his neck with her finger. Over and over again. Oh, how she had missed him! His kisses became more passionate. He traced her neck with kisses. She closed her eyes. Oh, how many times have I dreamt of this, exactly this?

She stopped him. She was starting to think maybe they shouldn't get carried away.

"S-stop, wait a second," she said, out of breath.

He looked at her. She looked up at him. He was trying to stay away but just couldn't.

"I have to kiss you," he whispered.

He kissed her again. And again. And again. She held onto him so hard. She felt like she just wanted to jump into his skin. She pulled away and pulled off his shirt. She kissed his chest and he kissed her head. She pulled back to look in his eyes. He tried to kiss her but she dodged it.

"Wha-what's wrong?"

In his eyes there was pure love. Pure love for Liz. She let him kiss her and let herself give into the passion. He pulled off her shirt and somehow they landed on the bed. Liz pulled back again.

"Max...We shouldn't be doing this," she said softly.

He looked into her eyes and he knew it was true. But he had missed her so much! How could he keep away? He watched her as she tightened into a ball next to his chest. He wrapped his arms around her. He felt her warmth throughout his body. He wanted her so much, but he knew that she was right. There could be dangers. And for the moment he was completely content with her tracing the line down to his belly button and then up to his chin and back down again. She wrapped her arms around him and fell asleep like that.

"I love you so much," Max whispered into her hair. And then he fell asleep.
~~~~~~~

"Why would they be hungry?" Michael asked Maria as they walked out of the cave.

Maria looked at him and sighed. He still didn't get it.

"They obviously want to be alone, Michael. So we were leaving them so they could be alone."

"Well, then why didn't you just say that?" he said with a smile.

He caught her off guard with a kiss. She gave in to it. She had missed him so much.

He pulled back and looked at her full on. *Oh, my GOD. She's so beautiful* he thought. *I missed her. I wonder if she will forgive me for ever leaving her.*

"What?" Maria asked mysteriously.

He just smiled and pulled her in tightly and kissed her on the forehead.

"I love you," he said, in his matter-of-fact way.

"Of course you do," she said, with a smile on her face. She backed away far enough for him to see her, "And I love you."

He had the strangest look in his eyes. Like he was relieved. He kissed her hard and she put her hands in his hair. Messing up the already messy 'do. She felt like she could stand like that forever. She never wanted him to leave her again. But somewhere in her heart she knew he would have to leave. *But that's not now,* she said to herself, *now he's with me.*
~~~~~~~

Liz laid next to Max and she couldn't help the tears from forming in her eyes. She let a tiny sob out and Max looked down at her. He kissed her softly.

"What's wrong, Liz?" he asked.

She looked up at him, "I love you so much! And I don't think I would be able to live if you ever leave me again."

"I won't leave you."

"But you have to! Your mother said in the hologram that you have to save your planet. You can't just forget about them."

He smiled down at her, "Liz, even if I left I would always come back for you, always remember that."

He leaned in to kiss her but she backed away, "So am I supposed to just wait for you then? I mean, would if I die before you come back?"

"I will always come back for you, Liz. If I ever had to leave, I would come back for you. But that is no time soon. Remember, Liz, we have true love. You're my soul mate. You were willing to give your life for me and I was willing to give mine for you. That can't be wasted. Remember I love you with all my heart."

He looked down at her and kissed her. When he backed away he pulled her close and whispered into her hair.

"And I always will, never forget that."

She smiled and looked up at him.

"I love you too, don't forget about me either."

He smiled, "It would be impossible."

fini

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.