FanFic - Other
"You Can Still Be Free"
"Hard to Breathe"
Part 10
by Mellissa
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: Tegan POV
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
I knocked on my aunt and uncle's door and waited impatiently for them to open it. They're not really my aunt and uncle, but I've always called them Aunt Izzy and Uncle Alex. I never called my uncle Max's wife Aunt Tess, though. Hmmm ... weird.

Anyway, I waited for someone to answer. My cousin Cailin did. I think it's going to be awesome having her for a cousin. Even though she just moved here, she's just like me. My other cousin Melody is kinda like that, too. We're all half-alien and completely adorable to look at. That's a definite starting point.

"Hey, Cai. Is your mother here?" I ask.

"No, she and Dad are looking for a place for his new office," Cai replied. "Do you want to come in?"

"Sure," I replied. Cailin let me in, and led me to her room.

"So, what's up?" she asked. She ran a brush through her dark brown hair.

"Nothing much. I just needed to ask Aunt Izzy how she managed to get with Uncle Alex with my protective dad hanging around," I reported.

Cailin smirked. "Your dad didn't have a choice. My mom knew how to handle him. Besides, he was already with your mother who was pregnant, so it's like he could say anything."

I knew I'd love Cailin.

"So, what's there to do here in Roswell?" she asked, flipping through some fashion magazines.

"Nothing at all. I hope your dad is more lax on dating," I said.

"When it comes to anything I want, my daddy is wrapped around my little pinkie," Cailin replied, grinning.

"Humph, wish my dad were that easy," I grumbled. I brightened immediately. "Hey, have you spent any time with Mel?" I asked.

"Mel?" Cailin returned, confused.

"Melody Evans. She's our age, and she's just like us. Half-alien and completely adorable and gorgeous."

"You know what Tegan?"

"What?"

"I have this feeling that the three of us are going to the best of friends. After all, there are so many things that only the three of us can do."

"So true."

"And I ain't talking about just healing either."

* * *

Within minutes, Melody--who only lived a few houses down--was over the house. We all live pretty close to each other. My family is on the next block.

"So, you're Dr. Evans's daughter?" Cailin asked. Melody nodded.

"That's Uncle Max to you," Mel cracked. She's a real nut.

Once all the formalities were over and done with, we sat on Cai's bed, discussing the more important things.

Boys. No, that's not right.

Guys. Nah.

Men. Yeah, that's it.

"So, Cai, you must've met some awesome people," Mel prompted. Cai got a wicked look on her face.

"You guys have heard of AJ McLean, right?" she asked.

"Of course. He used to be a Backstreet Boy. He's so old now though," I replied, wrinkling my nose at the thought. "He's at least forty."

"Oh, I know. But his son, Xander, is to die for," Cai replied. Mel's eyes widened.

"He's married?"

"But of course. Her name's Deidre. She's from the States," Cai informed us. I keep forgetting Cailin grew up in England mostly--not to mention Japan, Australia, Hawaii, and lots of other places. She has this awesome British accent.

"Gosh, I never knew that," Mel mused.

"Melody is only person that can use the word 'gosh' in a conversation--and get away with it," I informed Cai.

"Oh, shut up, Teg!" Mel shrieked good-naturedly.

"Well, anyway, I've got pictures of Xander, and his sister Nicolle. Wanna see?" Cai asked.

"Yeah!" we both said.

"Not to mention Jay McKenzie and Tyler Jackson."

"Oh my God! I love Tyler! His last CD was just breathtaking!" Mel cried.

"Oh, that's another word only she can use."

"Quiet you!"

"You guys are a kick to hang out with."

"You'll just to do it more often," Melody announced, tossing her blonde curly hair back. Her blue eyes were twinkling.

"Hey, do you think we can change our hair colors?" Cai asked, suddenly. We looked at each wickedly.

"Tegan, your dad would flip if you came home with blue hair, you know," Mel pointed out.

"Ooo, project!" Cai squealed.

"when the working day is done
oh, girls just wanna have fun
they just wanna, they just wanna"

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.