FanFic - Other
"Us Six Against the World"
Part 18
by Linda
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: Post Heatwave- The six Roswell High kids become closer and realize through good times and bad, that no matter what they go through, it really is, "the six of them against the world". They go to Mexico for winter break, learn more about the aliens they came from, and all with the FBI and a certain sheriff, one step behind them. Or is there someone closer...
Category: Other
Rating: R
Someone else also paced that night. He was furious. He had left Liz alone after Max had left. He had hoped that she would become her old self again, and not think of Max Evans as the savior of her world. But today not only did he find out that she was still defending Max Evans, but now she was going to try to get HIM. He had hoped that he could still try to make Liz into the woman he thought she could be, with Max out of the picture, but now he knew that wouldn't be possible. If she tried to snoop into this, he would have to do to her what he had done to the others.

And he knew if Vicki showed any signs of waking, he would also have to do something about her as well. But he knew he had a close enough connection on that end that he would be told right away if there were any changes in Vicki's condition.

He grimly realized that he couldn't wait any longer for Liz to change. She wasn't going to. She was not a good girl like he had thought. She was not worthy like he'd believed her to be. He had to stop her now. Before she did find anything out, and before Max and the others came back. For he knew that that too, was only a matter of time.

*********

As the day dawned over the hot desert, Maria looked over at Liz in the seat beside her and bit her lip. Liz had been very quiet, even when they had ditched her mother's car and stolen the heap in the desert. It barely ran, but at least it ran, and would get them to the next place. And from there they could take a bus.

"Liz?"

Liz turned and saw the concern on her friends face. She knew Maria was just as scared as she was. She tried to smile a little, to reassure her friend.

"I'm okay, Maria. Just tired."

Maria gave her another look and Liz saw the fear. She guessed that no matter what she told Maria she was feeling, Maria would think it was something awful that was happening because of the baby growing inside her.

"I just know how Max and Isabel probably feel leaving without letting their parents know. You know?"

Maria nodded. She had left a note for her mom, telling her she was okay, but going to go with Liz to get away from Roswell for a while. That Liz needed some time away from Roswell and all that had happened. She knew she couldn't tell her mother anything, for fear it would go right to Jim.

"Liz, what did you tell your parents?"

Liz sighed and rested her head against the side window and faced Maria. "I didn't tell them anything, other than that I needed time away. And that I would be okay. But needed to get away from Roswell, without anyone trying to interrogate me or follow me everywhere."

She knew her parents would believe that, since right after Max and the others had left, the FBI and the sheriff had questioned the three of them in detail.

But she didn't dare tell her parents that she was pregnant, for they would know it was Max's. And they would die if they knew that. For they too believed the rumors about Max. How could they not? There was no reason for them to doubt the law. To them, Max was guilty.

Liz just hoped that Max would somehow figure out how to come back. For she obviously couldn't go after the stalker now.

God Max, where are you? She wondered silently.

**********

"You mean you knew who it was three weeks ago?" Michael exclaimed and jumped up from the couch.

Jordan shook his head. "Not exactly. I had my suspicious on what he was, but not until yesterday, did we finally pin point the WHO it was."

"Who? Who the hell is it? And why are we waiting here, when we can catch him before he tries to go after Maria or Liz!" Michael said.

"We had to be completely sure who it was before we went after him." Jordan started to explain.

"Wait a minute. What do you mean? What he was?" Isabel asked. Max and Michael were too worked up to catch the words Jordan had used.

Max lifted his head from where he had been studying the floor, his hands gripped tightly between his spread legs. He was still trying to comprehend the fact that Jordan had known about this and hadn't let them go after him.

"Are you saying he's one of US?" Isabel asked in shock.

Jordan had the total attention of all three of them. "Yes. I had my suspicious that he was one of us, when I first heard what was happening, with the handprint and other evidence. But I couldn't be sure who it was. And I could not let you three go after him without knowing who he was for sure."

"Why? We would have gotten it out of him!" Michael argued.

Jordan shook his head. "No. His powers are much stronger than the three of yours. He has had years of learning to control them, to keep hidden from you three so you couldn't sense his presence. He is pure evil, and would destroy you three without thinking about it. And he would be able to feel you coming for him, and would have stopped you before you even knew who to be warned of."

Jordan sighed. He looked like he'd aged over night. He hated knowing for sure it was one of them, and what that might mean if his powers came out. There would be another mass search for other aliens, if this one were discovered to have been living among them all these years. And he knew what that would mean for the three here in his living room. They would never be able to go back to Roswell or their friends, for they would be hunted for sure as evil aliens.

"What do we do now? If you know who it is, let's go get him. Together we can all," Max started, as he got up.

"Even together we could not confront him that easily. For one thing, you three have not learned to hide your presence from others like you. You haven't needed to. So he would know you were coming way before you got near him. Even some of our people cannot completely block each other out. But this one for you three to have never known of his presence, evil." Jordan said again.

"Jordan who IS it?" Max asked, his jaw clenched. He just knew he wanted to get this guy.

**********

The fourth alien waited outside the Crashdown cafe later that morning, waiting to see Liz Parker come down for her shift at work. He knew her schedule. These humans were so easy to read. So easy to predict. He could pick at their brains so easily too when he wanted to.

He was going to get rid of Liz Parker today. Before she could do anymore harm. Before she could open her big mouth about Max Evan's innocence again, and get people to start wondering if she could be right.

********

Jordan had gotten the three to agree not to go after the forth alien, with the promise that he would have his friend Matthew,one of their people who was still in Roswell, pick up Liz, Maria and Alex, and bring them here. The three would only stay here and wait for Jordan's people to take care of it, if they knew for sure that Liz, Maria and Alex were okay, and safe and not worried anymore about them.

The three waited out front of Jordan's ranch house for their friends to arrive. Jordan had called his friend a few hours ago with instructions to go pick the three of them up.

When they saw the unfamiliar truck pull up, the jumped up and ran to the vehicle before it even stopped.

When Alex was the only one to climb out, Max and Michael stopped in their tracks, fear freezing them. Something was wrong.

Isabel ran to Alex and he held her close. "Close you've been so close." Alex whispered, holding Isabel tightly and then meeting Max and Michael's eyes over Isabel's shoulder.

He moved Isabel gently to the side of him, and faced the two men. "They're gone." He said, thinking of no other way to say it gently.

"WHAT!?" both of them demanded.

Alex put up a hand realizing how it could sound as if the stalker had gotten them. He shook his head. "No, I mean they left town on their own." He corrected.

"What? Why?" Max asked with a frown. He couldn't think of one reason why Liz would leave town, and why was Alex wouldn't be with them?

Alex sighed, not wanting to be the one to tell Max, Liz's reason for running away.

"Why would they run away, Alex?" Isabel asked, as if reading his mind.

Jordan stood back waiting as well. Then he turned to his friend who had brought Alex to them.

"It's okay. They told me how to find them, so we will just go get them. Matthew here told me that you know who it is and that they are getting him as we speak." Alex tried to reassure them. He could see the total fear on Max and Michael's faces, and knew how he felt. He also wasn't sure how to tell Max the rest.

Jordan saw Matthew shift his feet in the dirt and look down.

"What is it Matthew?" he asked his friend. His own fear now surfacing. He was afraid he wouldn't like the news his friend was trying not to tell the group of teens.

Jordan knew it was too late to hold anything more back from the four teens.

"The alien. He too is gone. He disappeared after he found out that the two girls were gone. He gave us the slip." Matthew replied.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 19
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.