FanFic - Other
"We Shot the Sheriff"
Part 1
by Nina friends
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: A looney fanfic about the desperate measures the Roswell group takes to keep theirselves safe, and the dangerous results when Kyle develops a multi-personality disorder.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This Roswell fan fiction all started when my other Ros fan buddies and I were bored and decided to write a Roswell fanfiction. Knowing my bud Megan, I knew from the beginning it would be funny. We decided to see what we came up with when we each took turns writing parts but only underline the last paragraph or so of our section before giving it to the other person for their turn. The next person would read only the last underlined bit of what the last person wrote and write on from that. So basically, you have two friends with completely different writing styles teaming up when they have no idea what`s going on in the story as they write it. We waited till we were done for each of us to read the entire book, including what we hadn`t read before that the other writer put. The results were outrageous. The parts in capital letters are the parts that the next writer was supposed to read before they added on. I hope you enjoy this funny fanfic by me, my twin sis Lelu, and my friend Megan.

Maria finished the note and put her pen back. It said, "Meet me in the eraser room at one."

Michael, Isabel, and Max were at the lunch table.

"SO WHAT DID THIS MEAN? THIS IS LIKE BAD, RIGHT?" MICHAEL ASKED. "...ISN`T IT?"

"I DON`T KNOW," MAX SIGHED. "WHAT DO YOU THINK, IZ?"

"Well, if you mean that the whole school knows about us and that someone is hunting us down...well, of course it`s bad," Isabel said.

"Yeah, but..." Max didn`t know if he should say it. "But the school doesn`t seem to be, you know..."

"Afraid of us?" Isabel said.

"Well, yeah. I don`t think they`d turn us in. We could tell them we can`t trust Valenti-"

"Uh-huh, you`re forgetting something, Maxwell," Michael said. "Kyle."

"He sighed. "Right."

"Does Liz know?" Isabel asked.

"No. I`m talking her at the Crashdown today."

Maria came up to Michael.

Michael began, "but what if we could-" but then Maria gave him the note. He shoved it in his mouth, not being able to deal with her right now. "Ma Mm-ml shova kt."

"HUH?" ISABEL ASKED. "MICHAEL, WE CAN`T HEAR A THING YOU`RE SAYING WITH THAT NOTE IN YOUR MOUTH."

MICHAEL TOOK THE PAPER OUT AND SAID..."We have to leave for sure now. We can`t stay any longer."

"But what will we do without... them, you know?" Isabel wondered "everything we`ve been through together..."

"I know I don`t want to leave either, but the more we stay here the more dangerous it gets," Max said. "But maybe..."

"What?" asked Isabel.

"We could switch schools."

"HOW DO WE GET TO ANOTHER SCHOOL?" MICHAEL ASKED.

MAX SMILED. "WE DO SOMETHING BAD."

"LIKE WHAT?"

"Torment the principal, maybe," Max suggested.

"If we do that we could go to a real bad school, do you really want that to happen to us?" Michael asked him.

"WELL IT`S BETTER THAN NOTHING," ISABEL POINTED OUT.

"There`s always violence," Michael listed. ""Horseplay, vandalism, possessing drugs, even."

"Ooh, vandalism sounds good," Max said with pleasure. "And tormenting. We`ll need help, though. I`ll talk to Liz."

He got his tray and got up just as Michael put the half-eaten note from Maria on his tray.

That night at the Crashdown Cafe Max sat at the bar and called for Liz.

"Hello, baby..." he cooed with a big smile. "You look nice-"

"What do you want from me?"

"Damn! Okay, we need three cans of silly string and and some green and silver spray paint by tomorrow. And hell...silver confetti."

She stared at him like he`d just asked her to buy him some clown shoes.

"Just trust me, okay? Where`s Alex?"

She pointed to a booth where he was sitting with Kyle.

"Hey, Kyle," Max said when he went over. "Nice shirt. where`d you get it, the grocery store? ALEX, COME HERE. WHAT ARE YOU DOIN` WITH KYLE, MAN?"

"WELL, I THINK HE STOLE MY JACKET IS THE THING AND-"

"NEVER MIND. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VANDALISM?"

"Well, if you mean vandalizing the school so we can have you get into another school...sure! I think it`s a great idea."

"Wait, wait, wait. How did you know about this?"

"Well, Iz told me."

"So will you help us?"

"Yes. I can`t believe we have to do this."

"Thanks, man."

"Helping you people is always weird. First I gotta give blood, now this..."

Max sighed and walked away.

IT WAS TIME TO ASK LIZ TO HELP HIM.

HE ORDERED AN ALIEN BLAST AND SAID, "Liz, will you please help me get switched to a new school?"

"Why the hell would I do that, if I do I`ll kicked out of school!" Liz said. "Max, why are you asking me?"

"Because you`re my GIRLFRIEND!"

Maria came up to Michael. "Did you get my note? You didn`t come!"

"I got it. It was delicious."

The next day Liz gave Max the bag of vandalizing materials. "Just don`t flash it around, okay?"

"Thanks, babe."

"Now what do you want?"

"Shit! You know me too well. I really need you to help me, you know, spray up the school. And and me and Alex."

"Okay, I don`t know why."

"Because I need to get expelled, you see."

"Because everyone here suspects..."

"Yes!"

"Brilliant! I`ll be there.

"YOU WANNA DO SOMETHING AFTER WE GET BUSTED?" MAX ASKED HER.

"UM...LIKE WHAT? YOU WILL PROBABLY BE IN JAIL SO LIKE WHAT?"

"I DON`T KNOW...WE COULD SING, 'I SHOT THE SHERIFF.' "

"OH, LIKE THAT`S NOT SUSPICIOUS."

"Fine, fine. Anyway, let`s go home to my house after the job. I`m cookin tonight. Lasagna. Mmbwa!"

"Yeah, right. See ya around."

During the school day Isabel and Michael attacked Topolsky, the principal, and the biology teacher with silly string and had to be tied up and held down to get them to settle down. Then Max, Alex, and Liz sprayed alien pictures and UFO`s and Isabel, Max, and Michael`s names all over the school lockers.

Maria wrote Michael a hateful note.

After school, Max drove home Liz and got into his funky italian mood to make lasagna and some "killer" breadsticks. Liz made some kind of comment on the china being "sexy."

It was now 8:40.

MAX SAID, "NOBODY WILL BE HERE FOR TWO MORE HOURS. DO YOU WANT TO..."

"Heat things up a bit?" Liz suggested.

"Um...I guess, but won`t that be sort of difficult, you know, when someone could come home any minute. We might...lose track of time."

"Oh well we`ll do something as long as it is good and sexy good."

Max stared and gathered that together, concluding it made no sense. "Are you drunk?"

"Um...I think so."

"Well, I think I only go for sober boom boom."

Liz pointed at him. "You`re drunk too!"

"We can play scrabble. Or Twister?"

"SCRABBLE`S GOOD," SAID MAX.

"Well, let`s play."

<2 Hours Later...>

Izzy still wasn`t home, so they decided to watch a movie and...

"AH!" Max yelled when Liz spilled some Pepsi on his shirt.

"Let me go put it in the wash," Liz offered. She did so there was suddenly a shirtless Max in the family room, and then Isabel decided to come in.

"AH!" Iz shouted. "SHIT! Are you stupid? You decide to do that when I could be home any moment!"

"WE`RE JUST WATCHING HOLLYWOOD SQUARES," MAX EXPLAINED.

"WITH YOUR SHIRT OFF?" iSABEL YELLED.

"WELL, YOU KNOW, WE ORDERED SOME PIZZA AND I SPILLED SOME PEPSI ON MYSELF AND THERE WAS ALSO SOME SILLY STRING ON IT FROM BEFORE."

"Silly string? Oh my god, silly string? I`m...I`m leaving."

Then she looked at the TV. "Hollywood Squares, huh?"

"Actually, it`s Mad TV," Liz explained. "It`s really funny. I mean, with all the stunts and stuff."

"Um...yeah. Okay I`m going to my room now."

"Well, I better go now too," said Liz.

Max shot Iz an annoyed look.

"What?" Isabel asked.

Max ran after Liz. "I`ll drive you home. I mean...I have to, right? I brought you here."

"Yes, you did. Let`s go."

Before she got dropped off Liz said, "I hope the plan`ll work."

"Me too. I don`t want to have to leave Roswell."

When Max got back Isabel was in the kitchen. "Get in here!" she called when she heard him come in. Isabel played a message on the answering machine:

"HELLO, MRS.EVANS, THIS IS THE PRINCIPAL CALLING TO LET YOU KNOW the parent meetings are next thursday and I wanted you to know because for some reason you have never gotten to come and I will want to know all about you and your kids!"

Isabel and Max looked at eachother. "This is not good, not good at all," Isabel said.

"I know. She should be furious at this family by now."

Things didn`t look good at all.

"I have to go see Liz," Max got up and started to put his coat on.

"You`re just leaving?" Isabel asked. "We need to think of something to do."

"I don`t think there is anything we can do but leave."

Max threw stones up at Liz`s window, but she had to be asleep. After the tenth rock he gave up and started to walk away, but then the window finally opened and Liz peeked out and called, "Wait, don`t leave."

"LIZ! LISTEN, THINGS AREN`T GOING WELL. NO ONE SEEMED TO NOTICE WHAT WE DID. WE AREN`T GETTING TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER SCHOOL WE DON`T SEE WHAT ELSE WE CAN DO."

"YOU MEAN YOU`LL HAVE TO LEAVE ROSWELL?"

"Well, I hope not, I mean...if I have to, I will. But that doesn`t mean I want to," said Max.

"Max, Max, get up! I have an idea!" Liz yelled.

"Wha...what? How`d you get here?"

"You spent the night on my lawn," Liz explained.

"SO YOU HAVE AN IDEA? WHAT IS IT?"

"FRAME KYLE!"

Max stared. "That`s the crumbiest idea I`ve ever heard."

"No, but we`ll make it look like he`s an alien too. That way the sheriff will know that the rumors about people being aliens are just that: stupid rumors! He knows his son isn`t a-"

"But how exactly do we do this?"

"Make him look like you?"

"No thanks," Max commented glumly.

"No, I mean we could somehow switch you and Kyle," Liz said.

"Yeah. We have the same hair color. I have an idea!"

"What?"

"I`ll tell you later. I have to run."

Max ran to the grocery store and bought a shirt that looked just like Kyle`s and a pair of khakis like his. Then he went home and Isabel caught him stealing a pair of panty hose from her drawer screaming, "What the hell are you doing with those?"

He just took them saying, "Don`t ask."

An hour later he broke into a store unarmed with the panty hoes pulled over his face to hide his identity and broke into an unoccupied cash register by unlocking it with his powers. "My name`s Kyle," he said before he left.

The whole time he did this Liz was sneaking stealing away with Kyle, who was completely convinced that she was interested in making out with him, and she managed to get him out of school until Max was done. By that time she was getting very annoyed with him, and it didn`t make her feel any better when Max pounded her with questions: "Did you actually make out with him? Does he think you like him? What did he say?" But in the end he thanked her for distracting Kyle and asked her if she wanted to see a movie later.

THE STUDENTS OF ROSWELL HIGH ALL HEARD THE REPORT ON THE RADIO THAT NIGHT ABOUT THE MYSTERIOUS BREAK-IN AT THE GROCERY STORE, AND WHEN KYLE WAS ARRESTED THE NEXT DAY BECAUSE HIS CLOTHES MATCHED THE DESCRIPTION A CASHIER GAVE AND HE HAD BEEN GONE FROM SCHOOL DURING THAT TIME, RUMORS SPREAD QUICKLY THAT KYLE WAS IN FACT AN ALIEN. VALENTI GOT HIS SON OUT, OF COURSE, BUT THE RUMORS STAYED.

Now that like the whole town thought Kyle was an alien too, everybody was scared and didn`t know how to act around him. "Welcome to the club," Max said to him in the hallway.

"We got him good," Maria said chipperly when everyone talked later.

"Yeah, but everyone is still convinced that we`re aliens," Max said.

"It doesn`t matter," Liz said as she playfully placed herself on his lap. "They`re just meaningless rumors. By the next quarter they`ll all forget about it anyway. So what do we do now?"

"We lay back and relax, right? Our problems are over."

They weren`t over. Because right then Tess strolled in.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.