FanFic - Other
"Us Six Against the World "
Part 24
by Linda
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Other
Rating: R
"There are some significant differences between an alien/human pregnancy and a regular human pregnancy." Jordan started.

The six exchanged looks, all trying not to worry.

"But the biggest difference is the gestational period." Jordan continued, looking around the table at the anxious faces.

"It takes 24 months to have a child." He told them.

"What!" the three girls cried in unison. The guys were just stunned.

Jordan smiled, and Nadi laughed. "You don't start to show until you are about 18 months into the pregnancy." Nadi assured the girls. "And it is no more uncomfortable than a regular pregnancy and birth." She nodded to ease their worry.

"Jordan? Is it like that for two aliens? Or is it just because of the alien/human factor?" Alex asked.

"Aliens have longer gestational periods. It takes 18 months for our race's gestational period. And since we've been here on this planet, it has routinely been 24 months for any alien/human couple.

Max slowly let out his breath. "No more pain than normal though, right?" Max asked again. He wanted to make sure.

"Positive." Nadi answered. "I had a child with one of my own race before I met Jordan. So I know what a regular human birth is like." Nadi smiled at the young man who reminded her so much of Jordan at that age.

He met Liz's eyes and then smiled. Liz too was relieved. At least she and the baby would be okay. Then she turned to Jordan.

"What about the baby? Will it be okay? Will it have powers like Max, Michael and Isabel?"

"The baby could have powers or not. The odds are equal. Or the baby could have some powers but not a lot."

"And will it look like a normal looking baby right from the first?" Maria couldn't help but ask.

Michael had forgotten to tell Maria about that. He laughed at her question and she punched him in the arm.

"We always looked like humans. It is one of the many reasons why we chose this planet to migrate to. The government made up the small, green looking shaped people with the large head and eyes, so that if people did believe they had experimented and killed another life form, that at least if it looked different, people wouldn't be as upset." Jordan explained and watched Michael and Maria. They had a lot of feistiness in them. They would have a fun and interesting life together, he thought.

"I am sure you have a lot of questions about alien/human relationships and your genetics overall. Come into the living room where we can be comfortable and we will talk more." Jordan said and stood up once again. He knew he would be seeing them quite a bit from now on, to answer their many questions. But at least he could give them the basics tonight.

When the girls started to pick up the dishes to clean away the table Jordan stopped them. He waved a hand over the plates and they were clean. Then he looked at the dishes and they stacked themselves.

The six teens were amazed. Nadi just smiled.

Maria turned to Michael. "You are SO doing all the cleaning if we get married. If I have to be pregnant for 2 years, you are doing the cleaning!" she said.

Michael rolled his eyes, but grinned.

The others all laughed.

******************

Liz finished brushing her teeth, and grabbed her cream and started her nightly ritual of creaming her face arms and legs after her shower.

She turned as she felt Max's presence.

He grinned as he leaned in the doorway. She looked so clean and fresh and Liz. She was wearing a pair of cotton flannel bottoms, and a tank top, and she couldn't have looked sexier to him. "I don't know if I will ever get used to you doing that." He said in a husky voice.

"What?" Liz asked with a smile, as she continued rubbing cream on her arms. She just loved being with Max.

"Getting ready for bed. Everything." He swallowed and came closer to her. He took the creame out of her hands and held her.

"And I don't want to have to go back to the way things were before in Roswell."

Liz eased away from Max, closed the creame, shut the light in the bathroom and walked to the bed and held out her hand.

Max sat on the end of it with her. "Max. We can't tell anyone I'm pregnant yet anyways. It's too soon. At least this way, you and I will get to finish high school before we have to be too grown up." She said softly and cupped a hand on his cheek.

"But we have to go back and just be dating. You go home to your house at night and I have to go back to mine. I want to hold you at night. Watch the baby grow. Be there for you every minute." He swallowed.

He looked dejected, with his hands leaning on his thighs and his head lowered to look at the floor between his legs.

Liz turned his face towards her. "We will be together. We will see each other every day at school, and we can see each other after work up until we have to go home at night." She tried to cheer him up.

"It's not the same. Liz, you're carrying my baby. I think of you as mine to take care of now." He tried to explain.

Liz's heart melted at his words. She knew what he meant. "Max, don't you see. Our parents aren't going to be happy even to hear about me being pregnant in a year, but at least we have a little bit more time. Time for you to still be a teenager, and to do teenage things. And me too." She tried to explain.

Max knew she was worried about the responsibility she would be on him, and she blamed herself that he would have to grow up faster than normal.

"Liz. I've always been different. Remember? I've never been your basic just have a good time teen." He reminded her.

"I know! You have been taking care of Michael and Isabel since you were six! You need to try to have a little fun Max, enjoy being a teen. They are old enough to take care of themselves now. You can lighten up a little on them, and on yourself. And now here I am, going to be filling you with even more responsibilities soon. So let's not rush it okay?" she swallowed, trying to hold back her tears.

"Liz." Max said softly and cupped her face with both his hands. "You and the baby will never be a responsibility that I feel smothered by. You are my life, and always will be. I think it was meant from the day I met you all those years ago." He smiled. "And I think I knew it even then."

Liz's eyes filled with tears at his words, and he gently kissed her.

"I'll go back tomorrow, and we'll date, and wait to tell our parents, but whenever I can, we will spend the night together, even if it's just so I can hold you." He promised.

Liz chuckled. "I guess our windows are going to see a lot of activity." Then she straightened up and smiled.

"And at least you are no longer a suspect, and the killer is gone. We will deal with Valenti and the FBI as we have been. They have no proof and we won't give them any. By the time I start to show in my pregnancy, we can be gone from Roswell since we will have graduated by then. So, we will be okay Max."

Max nodded but Liz saw a shadow cross his eyes. "Max? What is it? What aren't you telling me? What did Jordan tell you when he asked you to stay and talk to him after we all left?" Liz swallowed, her eyes widening.

"It's probably nothing." Max sighed and pulled back the covers to wrap the blankets around them. He had to go take a shower, but he wanted to hold Liz until she fell asleep in his arms.

Liz looked up from the curve of his arm. "Max?" She wouldn't let it go.

"Jordan just asked me if Paulie mentioned anything else before he was killed."

"Anything else?"

"Yeah, or anyone else." He said meeting her eyes.

Liz's eyes widened. "Max? Are there more?"

Max shook his head. "I don't think so. Jordan just wanted to make sure. Since there were five of us in pods when our spaceship crashed. Three from his sister and two from another couple. But he is sure that the other pod must have been recovered a long time ago and experimented on as well. Paulie was probably the last." Max said nodding.

Liz met Max's eyes and nodded too. Each could feel that the other wasn't so positive, but neither wanted to voice it.

They had enough to deal with over the next few years, until they could leave Roswell. They would let lying dogs lie.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.