Fanfic - Other Roswell Stories
"Travels, Changes, and Discoveries"
"Road Trip"
Part 1
by Katie
Disclaimer: I am not affliated with the writers/creators/actors of Roswell. This is just for fun.
Summary: This series of episodes are what I would have liked to see take place during season 3. It involves Liz and Max reuniting, Micheal and Maria dealing with their relationship, an Isabel/Kyle ship, and what happened to Tess when she left in the granolith.
Category: Other Roswell Stories
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: This was written before I saw any of season 3, so the events of season 3 never happened in this timeline. Also, Max has not heard the truth about FMax yet.
Liz sits on her balcony gazing upward.
LIZ (V.O.)
So much has happened to me. I feel as if I now look at the world through different eyes.

Flashes from season two. Max and Tess, Alex's death, and Tess leaving.

LIZ (V.O.)
I'm glad she's gone, though now that she is I'm scared that the Future, he spoke of,

Flashes of Liz talking with Future-Max.

LIZ (V.O)
Will become real. And it's in that future, that I'll lose him. Him and everyone else.

CREDITS ROLL
COMMERCIAL BREAK

FADE IN:
Crashdown, late afternoon. The gang sits at a table. Liz and Max are side by side, Micheal and Maria as well. All look somewhat lost in thought.Isabel is strangely absent. Music plays in background.

LIZ (V.O.)
The silence between all of us was wierd.Like there was so much left unspoken. At least, there was between Max and me.

Liz looks at Max who, in turn, smiles at her. He catches her hand under the table and squeezes it.

LIZ (V.O)
But the amazing thing was, to him it didn't seem to matter. And it just cemented in me, the fact that I couldn't lose him again.

Maria, looks around at the table, perks up and slams her open palm down. She grins as they all jerk their heads up, surprised at the loud sound.

MICHEAL
What the hell Maria?!

LIZ
Maria, what the.

MARIA
Look at us! Just look us! This is ridiculous!!

(Max smiles, Liz laughs, and Micheal quirks an eyebrow)

LIZ
What is ridiculous?

MARIA
Us, we're sitting here moping around on a Friday night! We're teenagers damnit! We should be out doing something fun!

MICHEAL
What do you propose? This is Roswell, it's not exactly filled with entertainment.

MARIA
We'll find something to do, (She pauses for effect)

MARIA
Even if we have to drive all the way to California!

MAX
California?

LIZ
You want to go to California?

MARIA
Yes, I want to get out of Roswell for three days!! Just three days. Let's take a road trip. Get some life experience. I want to see some more of this flipping country than the walls of my room and the Crashdown kitchen!

(Maria stands to make her point, the other three just sort of look up at her in amazement.)

MICHEAL (stands)
What the hell? I'm in.

(Max looks at Micheal, obviously puzzled by his agreeable-ness)
(Micheal shrugs)

MICHEAL
What? It's not like I've got pressing other plans.

(Micheal and Maria grin at each other, and Max and Liz sense a little of their new bond)

MARIA
Well are you two coming or do we have to kidnap you?

(Max and Liz consider it for a moment, Liz smiles at Maria)

LIZ
Yeah, it sounds like fun to get away from ourselves for a few days.

(All three now turn their gaze on Max. Max looks conflicted, like he wants to let go and have fun but at the same time he doesn't want to abandon his responsibilities.)

(Max shifts his gaze down the line until he reaches Liz, who looks soulfully at him)

LIZ
Max, please..

(Max stands like he needs to say no, but Micheal doesn't let him get it out and grabs his arm instead.)

MICHEAL
Too bad Maxwell, you're going! It's decided.

MAX
But I.

MARIA
Liz, please.

(Liz laughs and takes Max's face in her hands, while Micheal and Maria hold his arms. She kisses him gently and soulfully. She pulls back to gaze at him pleadingly)

MAX
All right, all right. I'm going.

(The four walk out of the Crashdown while some loud music plays)

CUT TO:
(A figure stands in the shadows across the street, unnoticed, smoking a cigarette. He watches the gang leave the Crashdown and climb into Maria's car. He takes one last puff on his cigarette before dropping it to the sidewalk and walking away. The camera watches Maria's car leave through the rising smoke of the cigarette on the ground.)

FADE OUT.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

FADE IN:

(Liz, Micheal, and Maria drop off Max in front of his house. He gets out of the car)

MICHEAL
(leans out of the passenger window) We'll be back for you in an hour,

MAX
All right

MICHEAL
And hey Maxwell!

MAX
Yeah?

MICHEAL
Don't even think about changing your mind!

(Max laughs)

CUT TO:
(Isabel inside the house watching as Max comes in, with a smile on his face)

ISABEL
(walks with him toward his room) So what was Micheal yelling about?

MAX
Telling me not to change my mind.

ISABEL
About what?

MAX
Maria came up with this crazy idea that we all need to go on a road trip.

(he pauses)

MAX
I'm sure you're invited too, Izz.

(Isabel thinks about it for a minute, but then shakes her head.)

ISABEL
I think the Jetta would be a little too crowded to squeeze me in.

MAX
Are you sure?

(Max looks concerned about Isabel reluctance to be social)

ISABEL
Yeah, you guys go have fun. I'll stay here and cover for you with Mom and Dad.

MAX
Cover for us?

(Max starts thowing things into a duffel bag and backpack)

ISABEL
Yeah, make it sound like you guys are doing something important,

MAX
(starts to laugh)
Like what?

ISABEL
I don't know, I'll say you guys are out looking at colleges.

(Max smiles, Isabel sits on the bed looking lost in thought. Max pulls a rolled up sleeping bag from the closet. Then notices Isabel's face)

MAX
Are you okay, Isabel?

(He sits beside her)

ISABEL
Yeah, it's just.

MAX
What?

ISABEL
Does it sound too horrible for me to say I'm almost glad that Tess took the Granolith and we can't go home?

MAX
No, it's not that horrible, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad too.

(Isabel starts to get choked up as she thinks about it)

MAX
Talk to me Izz.

ISABEL
It's just...everything!

(she pauses)

ISABEL
I mean, I think I first started to feel like this when we saw that message from our mother, our real mother. When I saw her, and saw how beautiful she was, and heard all those things she said, I started to feel all torn up inside. I felt like believing in that hologram would mean that I didn't love Mom and Dad the way I used to. And I love them more, I don't care if they're not really our parents, they're the only family we've ever really known, Max!
(Max puts his arm over her shoulders in a brotherly gesture)

MAX
I know what you mean. Imagine me having to hear that not only do I have a whole other family to think about, but that I'm going to be King? That was a bit of a shock.

(Isabel starts to perk up, laughing at Max's understatement)

MAX
I think that if we could talk to our real mother, I don't think she would mind that our parental love is only for our Mom and Dad here. If she could know how well they took care of us, what good parents they are, I don't think she would mind at all.

ISABEL
I hope so. That idea doesn't make me feel so divided.

MAX
Yeah, I've been working on that one for a while now.

(He smiles, and stands, zipping his duffel bag)

MAX
So, you're sure you don't want to come along?

ISABEL
Yeah, I think I'll spend some time with Mom. She has the weekend off. Maybe we'll try to do something, you know, mother-daughterly. Maybe we'll go shopping.

(They both laugh)

CUT TO:
(Liz in her room, packing lightly as well. She picks up her diary and traces her fingers over the cover. She thinks for a minute and them impulsively tosses it into her back pack.)

LIZ (V.O.)
This was so crazy! I mean, where were we going to go? California? There were so many reasons not to go, but none of them were as big as the need to get away.

(Maria honks her horn outside)

MARIA (From Outside)
Come On Parker!!! We gotta go!!!

(Liz laughs and zips her bag)

CUT TO:
(Max climbing from the car and helping Liz put her bag in the trunk)

LIZ (V.O.)
For a while I thought I hated him, after the truth about him and Tess came out. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't bring myself to truly hate him.

(Liz looks at Max and they lock gazes)

LIZ (V.O.)
Ever.

MICHEAL
Parker!! Evans!! Enough!! Get in the car!

(Liz and Max look away, and climb into the car. Maria speeds away to the tune of some loud music.)

FADE IN:
(Gas station, somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Maria and the gang pull up. Micheal offers to pump the gas while Max and Liz go into the mini mart. They stand next to each other looking at the soda fridge.)

MAX
Is there anything you want?

LIZ (V.O.)
There were so many ways I could have answered that question.

LIZ
Not really.

MAX
I'll be right back.

(Liz watches as Max heads for the restroom in back, then turns back to the fridge.)

(The scene begins to split into slow motion, as Max walks back to the restroom. A figure in a long trenchcoat and hat comes up behind him.)

(Liz slowly turns around)

(The figure catches Max off guard and hits him across the back of the head, hard.)

(Max instantly falls to the floor)

(Liz opens her mouth to scream)

CUT TO:
(Isabel screaming)

ISABEL
No!!!!

(Camera pans out from Isabel, she is at the movies with Mrs. Evans. Everyone looks at her strangely before turning their attention back to the movie.)

MRS. EVANS
Isabel! Are you all right?

(Isabel looks shaken up)

ISABEL
Yeah, yeah, I'm fine.

FADE IN:
(Gas station, the stranger stands over Max, holding a heavy blunt object. Camera focuses on his smirk, the only part of his face the audience can see.)
(Liz suddenly snaps into action, running toward the fallen Max)

LIZ
Max! Max! Oh my god..

(The stranger panics and runs off)
(Liz sits down beside Max, tears streaming down her cheeks. There is blood pouring from Max's head wound, covering the floor.)

LIZ
Max.no.

CUT TO:
(Outside, the stranger bumps Maria as he flees to his car and speeds off. Micheal looks up from pumping the gas to scowl at the disappearing car.)

LIZ
(screaming from inside) Maria!! Micheal!!!

(Maria and Micheal bolt into the store. Maria drops to her knees as she comes to Liz, sitting with Max, her clothes bloody. Maria's bottom lip quivers.)

MARIA
Oh god, Max.

LIZ
(crying hysterically) Help me.he's gonna die! Please!!

(Maria is crying now too)

MARIA
Liz.I..

(Micheal kneels as well, but gets a flash of when Ava told Liz "If he brought you back, then you're different now. From Max in the City.)

MICHEAL
Liz, give me your hand!

LIZ
What?

MICHEAL
Just give me your hand!

(Micheal grabs both of Liz's hands and presses them to the bleeding wound on Max's head. He hold them there and closes his eyes, sending some of his power through Liz.)

(Micheal lets go as if he was burned, a white hot light glows around Liz's hands. Her eyes are closed, her head thrown back, her expression is almost as if she's in pain.)

(Liz sees flashes of Max and Isabel as children, Max and her, Max and Tess, and even Max's son, then she and Max together.)

(The flashes fade, as does the white light from Liz's hands. She faints, collapsing on Micheal)

MARIA
Liz! Micheal! What the...?

MICHEAL
Shhh! Look!

(Max groans and stirs, his hair still has matted blood in it, but the wound is gone. Maria's jaw drops and Micheal looks shocked too)

MARIA
Max?

(Max slowly sits up and rubs the back of his head)

MAX
Man, why does ....

(Max brings his hand forward and sees the blood on it, looks up and notices Liz collapsed on Micheal's lap, and begins to panic)

MAX
What happened? What's the matter with her?

MICHEAL
She's fine. We gotta get out of here

(Clerks voice yells from the front of the store)

CLERK
What are you kids doing back there?

MARIA
Nothing! Uhhh,....bathroom door got stuck!

CLERK
Oh, just give it a swift kick and it'll open.

MICHEAL
Come on, Maria help him!

(Micheal rises and gently cradles unconcious Liz in his arms, he looks at her with a look of wonder, at her face and then at her hands. Maria helps Max get up, and puts his arm around her shoulders to steady him.)

(All of them hurry out to the car and get in. Micheal passes Liz to Max in the backseat. Max is still panicking about why she's unconcious. He strokes her hair and murmurs to her.)

MAX
Liz, wake up. Please, Liz...

MAX
Micheal, Maria! What's wrong with her! What happened!

MICHEAL
(yells) She's fine!

MAX
You keep saying that! Why won't she wake up?

MARIA
Max...

MAX
What?

MARIA
She healed you.

(Max looks shocked and in disbelief, as Micheal speeds them away from the gas station at a hundred miles an hour.)

CUT TO:
Hotel room, middle of nowhere. Liz is still passed out on one of the beds. Max sits by her side looking concerned, Micheal is pacing the room, Maria sits on the second double bed.)

MAX
She healed me. How?

MICHEAL
I don't know, I just remembered....do you remember when you and Tess went to the city?

MAX
yes

MICHEAL
Well, you remember that girl Ava, the one who looked like a punk version of Tess ?

MAX
yES

MICHEAL
Well, she said this thing to Liz, that since you healed Liz, that she was different. And then Isabel helped Liz dreamwalk.

MAX
But ...

MICHEAL
So I got this idea, that maybe Liz could heal you, if I helped her, you know? But the thing was, she like took over. I tried to channel my power through her, but she didn't need me. She did it herself.

MARIA
So let me get this straight... now Liz is an alien?

MAX
No, that's not it. When I healed Liz, I must have changed something in her, to make her more like us, to give her some of my powers.

MICHEAL
Whoa...that means that Liz could have powers, and so could,

MARIA
Kyle.

MAX
We have got to talk to him about this.

(Max pauses and looks at Liz, concerned)

MAX
What I don't understand is why she won't wake up.

MICHEAL
Max, you fainted when you healed all those kids in the hospital, maybe it just takes a lot out of her. She's never done it before you know.

(Liz stirs on the bed, moans)

LIZ
Max?....

(Opens her eyes)

LIZ
Max!

(She sits up quickly, looking frightened. Max grabs her arms)

MAX
Liz! Liz, I'm right here! Are you okay?

LIZ
I saw you...you were on the floor...Max!

MAX
It's over. I'm fine, thanks to you.

LIZ
What are you talking about?

MICHEAL
Liz, remember. You healed him.

LIZ
I can't do that.

MARIA
But you did.

CUT TO: (A shack in the desert, the strangers car is parked out front. The camera slowly moves inside to show us an old mirror and the stranger staring into it. He waves his hand over the dirty glass and an image of Kivar in the throne room appears. He is angry)

KIVAR
You failed!

STRANGER
I did what I came to do.

KIVAR
Idiot! You were sent there to kill him! He lives.

STRANGER
I did kill him.

KIVAR
(furious now)
You dare call me a liar? I know that he lives. I have seen it myself.

STRANGER
He lives now, yes.

KIVAR
Stop talking in riddles.

STRANGER
The king lay on the floor dying, but they were able to heal him in time.

KIVAR
Impossible! Only the king has that power, none of the others!

STRANGER
The one who healed him was not one of the royal four.

(Kivar stops ranting for a moment and looks intrigued.)

KIVAR
Then who was it?

STRANGER
A human girl.

(the stranger waves his hand and an image of Liz appears on the glass, crying over Max in the gas station)

KIVAR
You're sure it was her who healed him?

STRANGER
I watched it happen.

(Image of Liz's hands glowing on Max)

(Kivar has calmed down considerably, and now looks as if he has a new plan)

KIVAR
I want you to follow them, find out who she is, and why she can do that. I want to know everything about her. She may yet have another role to play.

STRANGER
As you wish.

(Kivar walks away from the communication screen in his chambers. We now see the enormous throne room of Antar. As the camera backs away to give us more of the shot, we see 4 thrones. And chained to one of them is Tess. She is dressed in royal attire, a crown on her head. Her hands and ankles chained.)

(There is a bassinet beside her throne, with the baby in it. He sleeps soundly.)

TESS
These aren't necessary you know.
(She tugs at her chains)

KIVAR
On the contrary, my queen, we wouldn't want you escaping now would we?

TESS
I came back didn't I? I brought you his son.

KIVAR
Yes, that you did.

(Kivar peers into the bassinet at the sleeping prince)

KIVAR
The one thing you did right. But you failed at the more important task, bringing the rest of them.

TESS
They saw through it! What was I supposed to do at the last minute?

KIVAR
Silence! I have a question for you. What do you know of that girl, the one Goarai spoke of a moment ago. The one who healed him.

TESS
She's human! He must have been mistaken, it must have been Isabel or Micheal.

KIVAR
You think I don't know all of the Royal four's powers? Only the king has the ability to heal!

TESS (yelling)
Why ask me if you already know the answer?

KIVAR
(slaps Tess to quiet her)
The next time your voice raises, it will be the last.

TESS
Are you going to kill him?
(She glances into the bassinet at her son with compassion)

KIVAR
Not yet, he still has a function to provide me.

(Kivar touches the babies cheek. Tess hisses through her teeth)

TESS
Don't touch him!

KIVAR
I would rather touch his fathers blood.

BLACK OUT

CUT TO:
Isabel at Kyles door. He looks pleasantly surprised.

KYLE
Iz, hi.

ISABEL
Are you alone?

(Kyle grins)

KYLE
Sure, why do you ask?

ISABEL
I'm worried about Max.

(She walks by him into the house and he rolls his eyes as he shuts the door)

KYLE
And you came to me?

ISABEL
You're the only other person here right now that knows about us and I needed to talk to someone.

KYLE
Okay, so just cause there was no one else around. I see where I rank.

ISABEL
Oh, Kyle shut up! This is serious.

KYLE
What is the big deal, isn't Max and the gang off on a roadtrip?

ISABEL
Exactly. I had a vision yesterday. Of Max, dying.

KYLE
You think Max is dead?

ISABEL
No, I think I'd feel it if he were... but maybe it was a premonition.

KYLE
A what?

ISABEL
Maybe I saw something that was going to happen. What if they're all in trouble?

KYLE
Slow down. Do you even know where they are?

ISABEL
Max said something about Maria wanting to go to California.

KYLE
Okay, that narrows their wereabouts down to only part of the country.

ISABEL
You're not helping.

KYLE
Why don't you use your powers to try and talk to Max?

ISABEL
You mean dreamwalk him?

KYLE
Yeah, like when we talked that playmate.

ISABEL
Must you remind me?

KYLE
Just try and talk to Max.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.