FanFic - Other
"The Light"
Part 6
by Gwen
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters I just borrowed them.
Summary: The truth about many things comes to the light. Takes place around the end of the group's senior year.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Everything starts about a little messed up but I'll fix it I promise. This is my first try at fiction, so please be gentle. Please write back, I really, really, really, really want to know what everyone thinks.
The sun was now setting by the time the others realized what was going on. It was getting darker by the second and everyone was thinking about how much time they had left to live.

Nicholas removed his hand off of her mouth and stroked her cheek. "I like you better than the others, you're calm, and you don't fight to let me in, and you even let me see your secret, which now shows me, I can kill this stupid man, but of course, you didn't show me where the granolith was!" he yelled. "Now, I know you know, and I know you want to save your friends, but if I let one go, will you tell me?"

Maria nodded slowly; sure she'd tell him something.

"Okay, uh you!" he yelled pointing at Alex. "Run."

Isabel grabbed Alex's arm. "Go," she ordered. "Get help."

Alex nodded and in a moment was half way down the mountain.

"Thanks Alex," Liz snapped.

"Okay, now," Nicholas said placing his hand over Maria's head. He closed his eyes, and was shown something like a sun with the five stars, something Maria had never seen in her entire life. "Okay, now were getting closer." "I've come to see that this relationship of ours, could come to a close," Maria said. She kicked his shin, causing him to bend down. "Okay, running, far away now!" Maria yelled and tore off down the rocks kicking dust behind her. The others raced down as well.

"A chase, how exciting!" Nicholas cried. The man turned around, and began to run the opposite way down the mountain. "I'll deal with him later," Nicholas said rolling his eyes. He began to jog down the mountain after the aliens.

Maria, Max, Michael, and Isabel darted around a group of cars while Tess, Liz, Alex, and Kyle rushed past a group of agents on break. "Spilt up!" Max yelled, alerting a few of the cops. "Hey freeze!" one of the guys yelled.

"They hit me!" Nicholas cried.

"Could this get any worse?" Tess cried. "Stop!" the man yelled again.

Liz rushed back towards Isabel and Alex and Tess followed. Maria whacked her leg against a car.

"Oh god," Max whispered. He turned to go back, but got pushed forward by the crowd of others.

"Here," Kyle said.

"My leg, I think it's broke," Maria said standing up. "Never mind it doesn't hurt," she lied.

Kyle could see, even in the black dead of the night, the pain in her eyes. He watched as Maria began to run again.

"Maria!" Kyle yelled back at her.

"Stop! Or I'll shoot!" a man yelled and then they all heard the crack of a shot. The others watched Kyle fall, Maria collapse to the ground from pain and Nicholas stop and smirk.

"Okay," Isabel said looking really annoyed. She pulled something small and pink out of her pocket. She pressed something's and began to talk into the receiver. "Hi sheriff!" she cried.

The frightened look on the faces of the 10 or so agents was rather amusing to the other six.

Michael went and sat behind Maria's head. "Where's Kyle?" Tess asked frantically.

"Oh my god," Maria cried trying to stand up. "Stop," Michael ordered.

"And then you ended up here?" Jim questioned. "Yup," a voice behind the bed said. "Good story." "Kyle!" Maria yelled. "How long have you been listening?"

"Since the Tess crack," Kyle explained.

"What does that mean, anyway?" Jim questioned.

Maria and Kyle choose to ignore him, as the fact that the doctors were coming in.

"We're doing a route check-up, and," the man said.

"Michael! Tess!" Maria yelled. She giggled. "Uh, we decided to sneak into intensive care," Tess explained.

"Tess, I'm liking the new outfit," Kyle said commenting on the nurse's outfit she was wearing.

"You're awake!" Tess cried. "I freaked when I heard the gun shot, but I thought it wasn't it, and then it was, and, I'm babbling aren't I?"

"Yes, and guys, why didn't you just tell them you were family?" Maria asked. "I mean, I snuck in over from ER, but you know Jim said he was a parent, so if you said, we're family, then they'll let you in."

"Well, I mean, were just so used to being sneaky and running, so you know?" Michael asked.

"It never occurred to you did it?" Kyle asked.

"No," Tess admitted sheepishly.

"Are you okay?" Michael asked Maria. He walked over to her.

"I broke my ankle, and I can't take the cast off for four weeks, so it's not bad. I have to walk in crutches and I don't have to go to gym," Maria said smiling.

"Kyle should be back on his feet in a week or so," Jim said smiling.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Michael whispered and he picked her up from the chair and hugged her. Maria hugged him back.

Tess smiled warmly. Kyle looked up at Michael and Maria, he was starting to like the pod people, Isabel and Max were nice and Tess was, well, he liked Tess. But there was something about Michael he couldn't get used to. Jealous? A voice in his head questioned. Maria closed her eyes; it felt good to be back in Michael's arms, even though she had to stand on one foot. But she couldn't stop thinking about seeing her father. She hadn't seen him in 12 years, and then he disappeared again. She wished everything in her life would go back to normal. She wished, and then she saw a tall blond man wave in the hallway. "Maria are you okay?" Tess asked.

"Yeah, I have to go to the bathroom," she said. She grabbed her crutches and went out of the room as fast as she could.

"Hey!" she called to him, once she was out of earshot of Kyle's room.

The blond man turned back and waved, "See you later!" he yelled to her.

Part 5 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.