FanFic - Other
"The Journey"
Part 21
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like to.
Summary: After finding out Maria's true identity, the gang deals with their feelings about the new-found knowledge. Could Maria's true identity be a danger to her?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Please email and let me know your thoughts on this fiction. If you can see the possibility of a third part to this fiction, please email me and tell me what you'd like to see in a third part. If you haven't read my first fic, "Secrets", then this fiction will make no sense because it's a sequel. To read my first fic, email me (jamiep@egyptian.net) or visit crashdown.com
Maria was lying across her bed when the phone rang. Her mom had been understanding and was allowing Tess to stay with them until they found a more permanent home for her. She had lied, saying that Tess was a friend who’d recently lost her parents in an accident, but she knew she couldn’t tell her mom the truth.

She just wouldn’t believe it. She picked the phone up.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Maria? I’ve got to talk to you."

She instantly recognized the voice. "Max. Hi."

"Hi. Look, I don’t know how to say this, but I’m sorry." Max said into the phone.

"You don’t have to…" Maria started.

"No, I do. I doubted that you were ever my sister. I don’t know what mad me believe Tess, um Aliyah over you and Isabel anyway. I should have known in my heart that you were my sister. I don’t blame you for what happened. Our father isn’t dead because you and Isabel killed him, he’s dead because he was evil. You saved Isabel’s life. All of our lives. There’s no way I can repay you for that. I want you to know though, that I’ll never doubt you again. Never." Max voice cracked. "What you did for us today, not only proves to me that you’re one of us, it also makes me proud to call you my sister."

Maria didn’t know what to say. She would never fell that her father’s death wasn’t her fault. But Max’s words were sincere. "Thank you Max." She said. "I’m sorry if I ever gave you any reason to doubt me."

"You didn’t." he said. "It was just me. Listen, why don’t you, Isabel and me go camping next weekend. Kind of a family trip. We could get to know each other as family. Are you up for it?"

"Sure." She said. "I’ll have to check with mom, but I’m sure it’ll be fine."

"Good." He said. "Well, I’ll let you go then. I’ll talk to you sometime tomorrow ok?"

"Ok," she said. "Good night Max."

"Goodnight, Maria." He said, and then hung up.

Maria lay there thinking about everything in her life. She had found out the truth. Max and Isabel were her brother and sister. She had the documents to prove it, thanks to Tess. The only thing that haunted her was the death of their father. She couldn’t get over the fact that she had killed him. She probably never would. Maria turned as she heard a noise outside her window. Michael stood looking in. She got up out of bed and opened the window. He climbed inside and sat on the edge of her bed.

"I’m sorry." He said, looking into her eyes. "I should have never doubted you."

"What do you mean?" Maria asked.

"About everything." He said. "I mean, I didn’t believe that you weren’t with Max. I don’t know how I could have thought you would be cheating on me. It’s just, I saw it with my own eyes and I guess I jump to conclusions to easy. I’m sorry Maria."

"If there is anyone who should be sorry, it’s me. Michael, I killed your father." Maria looked away. She couldn’t let Michael see her crying.

"No you didn’t. That man was no relation to me. He was evil. I wouldn’t even claim him. You did the right thing. You saved everyone." He put his arms around Maria and pulled her into a hug. "If you and Isabel hadn’t have been there…I don’t even want to think what could have happened."

"I love you Michael." Maria said, burying her head into his chest.

He pushed himself back on her bed and laid down. She snuggled into his arms. "I love you too, Maria."

Everything seemed perfect. For a split second she’d forgotten about what had happened in Grand Forks. Then she remembered the awful events. She wondered if she’d ever be able to forget. As if on cue, Michael’s grip tightened. "I’ll be here for you always." He said. "Always." She knew some day, somehow, she’d be able to forgive herself. All she could do right now was rely on the strength of her friends to get her through. As the hours slipped by she fell asleep in Michael’s comforting arms.

Part 20 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.