FanFic - Other
"Tess to TESS"
Part 10
by Syndee Thomas
Disclaimer: The characters belong to the WB.
Summary: The forth alien arrives in Roswell only to find that she's already there in the form of a clone - Tess. Takes place after "Destiny."
Category: Other
Rating: PG
The Crashdown is bustling with activity. Locals and tourist alike have converged on the small café at the worst possible time - they are short staffed.

Liz and Maria are anxious for their shift to end for tonight will be the first time the group will be getting together since the day Tess was killed.

They are all meeting at the warehouse to help Sondra clean a section of the upper floor so that she and Teresa can move out of the hotel and into what will be the living quarters of the building. It will be noisy while the renovations or going on but Sondra feels she needs to be on site supervising the layout and equipment placement of the lab.

Dragging her attention back to the situation at hand she maneuvers through the crowd to deliver her last order of the day. A patron bumps her and she almost drops a Red Russian Smoothie into the lap of an easy rider wanna be.

Luckily for her a pair of faceless hands steady her when out of the corner of her eye she catches the reflection of something in the mirror above the coffee station.

Unable to move from her spot in the middle of the floor scenes of dismal proportion is revealed to her similar to what she experienced when kissing Nasado/Max.

Liz frantically looks around the room trying to match a face to the images transmitted to the mirror through the connection she made with someone here in the restaurant. Was it the customer who bumped into her or was it the person who steadied her when she would have dropped the milk shake? Scanning the room for either is futile for the restaurant is full to capacity and she hadn't been paying attention.

"Maria," then louder with fear in her voice. "Maria, come here?"

"Liz, What is it?" Maria stares down at her friend whom looks like she's seen a ghost.

"Maria, I think one of them was here," still looking around the room for a clue to whom she connected.

"Liz babe, one of them - whom?"

"The other aliens. I had a flash."

Maria starts to look around the restaurant but sees nothing out of the ordinary and didn't expect to. If any part of the message from Max and Liz's mother was true than they would only be able to tell their enemy by the evil within. Short of Liz kissing everyone in the restaurant the opportunity to unmask him or her is passed.

"Maria, what do we do?" Somewhere in the distance a door slams and they both turn to see Michael entering from the employee's only door.

Maria's runs over to him and pushes him through the door and into the kitchen.

"Maria, I know that you're happy to see me," strokes her arms up and down and leans in for a kiss." But can't you wait until tonight.

"Michael, get over yourself," playfully pushes him away. "Liz had a flash earlier Similar to the one she had when she kissed Nasado. She thinks it was one of the other aliens."

"Liz, did you kiss him?" Incredulity rolls off his tongue.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" her eyes narrowed. "No, I did not kiss him but I think who ever it was may have touched me."

"Are they still here?" Michael goes over and peers through the window of the kitchen door.

"She didn't get a look at whomever it was so we don't know if they're still here so you need to leave." Maria grabs Michael's hand and starts to lead him to the backdoor.

Michael starts to protest when Maria insists that he leave. "We don't know if they can spot you on sight or if they use a forked stick like people looking for water. What I do know is that I'm not ready to find out. We're meet you at the warehouse as planned, now scat."

After Michael leaves Liz and Maria finish up and change clothes. Liz is locking the back door and setting the alarm when she looks up and spots the security camera.

"Maria," grabs her arm and nods up and in the direction of the security camera.

They look to the camera and then to each other and exclaim at the same time, "The security camera!"

"It would have recorded everyone, who was in the dining room tonight," excited by the prospect Liz moves to retrieve the tape from its storage case and replace it with a blank one.

Part 9 | Index | Part 11
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.