FanFic - Other
"Survivors"
Part 4
by Gwen
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell, I wish I did, but I don't, everything belongs to the WB.
Summary: A follow up to my story The Light. Takes place 10 years from the end of their senior year. Maria remembers everything that happened in their senior year and reflects on it.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: There are some holes in the story, I know, but all my stories interconnect, so don't worry about that. Please respond to my story, its kind of annoying when you write something, and no one writes anything back about it. Enjoy!
Now...

"So what are you guys doing here in Roswell, now?" Tess questioned.

"Uh, I don't know, we just thought, hey 'Tis the Season, and all our family is here, so we both took some time off from work and decided to come down here," Michael said smiling.

"How old are your kids?" Max asked. "All, six of them," he said counting.

"Uh, okay," Maria, said smiling. "Kris, or Kristen, is 10, Scott is 8, both Andrew and Sarah are 5, Tyler is 3, and Elizabeth, is 1."

"Wow," Liz said.

"Elizabeth?" Tess questioned. "What's her nickname?"

"Oh my god!" Liz screamed. "You remembered!"

"Remembered what?" Isabel asked.

"Oh she's right!" Alex yelled.

"Remembered what?" Kyle questioned.

"Liz and Maria, made this really stupid promise that they'd each name one of their kids after each other," Alex said rolling his eyes. "Stupid huh?"

"It was not!" Liz yelled. "Besides we were seven," she said grinning.

"Yeah it was even longer from now," Maria said.

"How old is your oldest?" Kyle asked who been sitting quietly for few minutes. "10 right, and you're 28, right?"

"Yeah," Maria said still not understanding the point.

10 years ago...

"Maria?" Max called to her as she walked into the Crashdown, her face white like a ghosts.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"Are you okay, you look like you just saw a ghost?" Max questioned.

"I'm fine, have you seen Michael?" she asked.

"Yeah, he's back at his apartment, and your mom wants you to check into the house before you go anywhere," Max said quickly.

"Thanks," Maria said and left on her crutches.

"Mom?" Maria called. "Sheriff, Kyle, Tess?"

"Hi Maria!" her mom called from behind her.

"Mom, you scared me," she said. "Oh, I'm sorry."

"Max said you wanted me to check home before I went anywhere?" Maria asked. "But I'm not going anywhere, I have all weekend to do stuff," she said smiling.

"I wanted to ask you, do you like purple, or red better?" Amy questioned.

"It's set at a tie," Tess explained. "Jim and Kyle want red roses, Amy and I want purple, which do you want?"

"Blue," Maria, said shrugging.

"Maria!" her mother yelled.

"Sorry, uh, actually I like purple roses better," Maria, said smiling.

"Ha!" Tess yelled. "We win!" she screamed.

"No you don't! We still have lots of people to ask!" Kyle yelled.

"Oh, yeah Kyle," Maria said, sarcasm, high in her voice, "I can see you going around, asking the football team, which kind of roses do you like better, purple or red?"

"Hey, I'll have you know just because we look dumb, act dumb, and horny all the time," Kyle began but got cut off by Tess.

"Makes you dumb and horny all the time?"

"Stop, please!" Jim begged, and Tess wandered into the kitchen leaving Maria, her mother alone in the room. "So, did we decide on the stupid color of the roses?"

"Well you have so many people to poll, I mean don't you want to ask deputy Hanson, and the police chief which color of roses they like better?" Maria asked.

Jim glared, "Purple it is."

"Ha! I won!" Amy cried triumphantly.

"Can I go see Michael?" Maria questioned.

"I thought you said you were going to stay here all night," Amy said.

"But I just remembered what I wanted to tell him, and I need to see him, please, please, mom, please, please, da-" Maria began but realized what she was saying. "Please?"

"Sure," Amy said smiling.

"I'll be back later," Maria cried and left quickly on her crutches.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Michael asked.

"I have some shit to tell you," Maria said.

"Wow, swearing and we haven't even reached the pleasantries," Michael teased.

"Michael, I'm serious," she sighed. "It's about you, and me, and you, and some stuff," she said.

"Uh-oh, I think I know what this is about," he sighed.

"No, well yes, but that's not what I wanted to talk about. I found the guy."

"What guy, oh," he said after a moment. "Well? Whose side is he on?"

"Nobody's, figures, it's so like him!" Maria screamed.

"Maria, do you know him?" he asked.

"Yes, no! Can we please talk?" she questioned.

"Sure, come in," he sighed. He swung his door open even wider, and Maria wobbled in on her crutches.

"Two more damn weeks," she sighed.

"Sounds fun," Michael said sarcastically. "So how do you know him?"

"I'll get to that later, he knows, Michael, he knows everything, about his, I mean your past, he knows how Vilandra was a traitor, he knows all about Rath, and Zan, and Ava, he knows everything," Maria said.

"Did he, tell you?"

"Yeah, he told me everything," Maria said.

"Why you? I mean why not seek Max out, after all he is the great king!"

"Yeah, well I think he figured he owes me, big," Maria sighed.

"Why?" Michael asked.

"Do you want to know what he told me or not?" Maria demanded.

"I do," he said after a moment.

"Okay, the skins have been on Earth a lot longer than we thought, they came here right after the original royal four was killed, so your people mixed up the DNA human, and alien again, and got it perfect so they sent a royal four, but uh, the Tess and you were killed leaving the man who I talked to, and Kyle's mother. The man I talked to, Andrew, he sort of alerted the FBI about the aliens, trying to get them all, they killed an innocent man, and Kyle's mother, to protect his last shreds of dignity, Andrew joined the FBI. Hoping for Pierce's spot, but got the runner up, so now he runs the special unit, which most FBI members don't think exists. Anyway, he has lived in about the same age for awhile, and has just started to age now, he was around the Crash site, watched you, and Izzy and Max hatch, helped you guys, and then Naseado told him to get lost. So he went off with the FBI and hasn't been in Roswell, but then you guys set off those orbs things, and then he came here after he got back from his last case, and has been looking for some skins to kill ever since," Maria shrugged.

"What about our past, does he know how it all went down?"

"Yeah," Maria nodding. "I can't tell you how it happened, he showed me," Maria sighed.

"Really? Wait what was other thing you wanted to talk to me about?" he asked.

"What other thing?" Maria lied.

"Maria, I know when you're lying, your right eye always does that cute little thing," Michael warned.

"What "cute little thing" what the heck are you talking about?" Maria demanded. She glanced down at her watch for a moment. "Shoot, I gotta get home, or my mom will never let me out of the house again, see you tomorrow!" she called and ducked out of the door.

Now...

"Right," Alex began ignoring Kyle, "how long are you guys staying here?"

"Uh, a week, right?" Michael asked.

"I think," Maria said. "I don't know, why are you so interested on how long we are here, and when we are leaving?"

"Well I mean, you took off with basically no warning, and just showed up 10 years later with six kids, I'm just wondering what changed, you remember us or something?" Alex questioned.

"It's great to see you to Alex," Maria snapped rolling her eyes.

"So," Max interrupted quickly. "Where are you guys staying?"

"Uh, don't know yet, all of our stuff is still in the car, except for our children," Michael said grinning as he held a baby to his chest.

"You could stay with us," Tess offered. "We wouldn't mind."

"Right and you're going to house our six children where now?" Maria questioned.

"Uh, sheriff's house, we have lots of empty rooms," Tess said smiling. "No worries, we can shack you up."

"You'll be eating those words in about three hours," Maria said laughing.

10 years ago...

Maria was sitting on the bed with her knees scrunched up towards her chest and her hands wrapped around her legs. She had her head placed on her knees as if she were looking at something. But her eyes were closed and a paper next to her, she had scribbled out the words: two lines. She looked like she had been crying a moment ago.

"Maria?" Tess questioned coming into the room. "Uh, I'm told to tell you, that uh, Jim and Amy are worried, because you aren't eating anything and you haven't said anything since you got home. Want to talk?" Tess asked smiling warmly.

Maria didn't move.

Tess shut the door behind her, and placed her hand over it. She let a blast of power out and the door make a clicking noise. "Maria come on, something is clearly wrong."

"Please, Isabel," Michael begged.

"Michael, I can't just go walking around in other peoples dreams. I did it to Maria once, she didn't talk to me for three days after that," she sighed.

"What, Max has been saying this to you for years, why did you decide to listen to him now?" Michael demanded.

"Look, Michael, stuff has changed. We are worried about the FBI coming after us. We are worried about a group of aliens coming to kill us. Do you know how crazy that sounds? But that is our life, it's crazy. I can't do it, I'm sorry."

"Isabel, you owe me!" Michael yelled. "Do you know how many times I've covered for you? Do you know how many times that we've been in trouble, who's saved your butt? Just this once," Michael pleaded.

"Okay, fine, I'm only trying once, she's probably not even asleep," Isabel sighed.

"Nothing's wrong," Maria lied.

"Something's wrong, you can tell me, no matter what it is, I won't tell anyone, I'm good at keeping secrets," Tess promised.

"Well, it might help to get this off of my chest," Maria sighed.

"Ha!" Tess yelled. "I knew there was something."

"You know, how Michael and I are dating?" Maria asked. Tess nodded. "Well, a few nights ago, I was studying at his apartment, and things got kind of serious," Maria sighed.

"Serious?" Tess questioned and then her eyes widened.

"Yeah, and then, I took a test, and, uh," Maria sighed. And buried her head in her hands once again.

"Oh my god, that means?" Tess questioned. "Yeah," Maria sighed her voice muffled through her hands.

Isabel's eyes were closed and she was concentrating on Maria as hard as she could. She thought about her and everything she knew about Maria. Then she got a flash of Maria sitting on her bed all by herself crying. Then she snapped out.

"Well?" Michael questioned.

"You have to see her, something's wrong, and it has to do with you," Isabel said quickly.

Now...

"10 years old," Kyle mumbled.

"Kyle, will you either shut up or tell us what you're trying to figure out?" Alex demanded.

"Whoa, I thought that we had," Maria began but found Alex glaring at her.

"Okay, Maria, if your daughter is 10 and you'rr 28, that means you had her 10 years ago, and 10 years ago, you were 18," Kyle said after a moment. "Or did I do it wrong?"

"No you did it right," Michael confirmed.

"So, that was your big secret, the thing you were so upset about, I get it now," Isabel said.

"Me too," Liz agreed.

Max turned to look at Michael, "Why do I think you had something to do with this?" he asked.

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.