FanFic - Other
"Stars 1: Liz Parker"
Part 1
by Lioness
Disclaimer: Roswell doesn't belong to me. It belongs to Jason Katmis Productions and The WB.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: The show will end one day. That we all know. This is one way I that the show may end. I know it's sketchy, but it's just a glimpse of what could happen. Please enjoy.
I always saw them. Living in Roswell I never thought much of them. You saw them in every store window as a backdrop for some alien fighting scene to attract the tourists who thought they might spot a little green man scuttering throughout the dusty streets.

But I never thought much of stars. They were always a part of my life and for the longest time they were my life. I spent nine years of my life with my head in the stars.

Looking back on it now, I think it was the happiest time of my life. That first year was the best. When Max Evans and I were a couple and in love. Nothing could ever come between me and that feeling.

The second year was probably the worst thing. I brought the whole thing to the ground. I knew Max still loved me. I could see it in his eyes. Even when he walked arm in arm with Tess Harding, I could still see it there.

I knew that even she was second best.

No one would compare to Max Evans in my life. He was the love of my life.

The third year was hard. Slowly the human race was killed off by the alien race, the Skins. No one noticed at first, but when around a hundred people died, then turning into ashes, things began to stir.

Things in my life were not easy in that time as well. The government came back for Max. But instead they got Michael. Michael spent three months in that place. He was never the same when we finally got him free. He was alive, but his mind was never the same.

In that three months Isabel realized her love for Michael. I don't know exactly how she dealt with the way he was from that point, but I knew that she loved him.

The fourth year.

Oh god. The fourth year was hell. Hell had taken residence on Earth right in Roswell, New Mexico.

The Skins brought out their full attack on Earth and the human race. Four alien twenty-somethings against an army of well trained alien soldiers. But then a savior came for them.

The others came. The other four aliens that they never knew. David, Kendra, Paul, and Serena. Serena and I became friends, and I knew we would.

It was strange the way things went. Even though it was a war. Even though it was an alien war. Even though we weren't aliens, they all stayed with us. They never left us. No matter where they went to fight this hell they always came back, and if they didn't come back, we always knew that they wanted to.

The fifth year was an oasis. After two years of being together, Isabel and Michael had their first child. His name was Thomas Matthew Guerin. He was the sweetest thing you'd ever laid eyes on. I know whenever she laid her eyes on him, Maria saw her child.

That was one thing that she could never get past. Somewhere in there Maria had begun to believe that she and Michael were destined for each other and Isabel was a demon.

But that aside, the fifth year did take on a serenity that the third year, the fourth year, and the years after didn't have.

Max and I shared a kiss in that year. It was in the oddest situation. We were in a bar in East Roswell and I had gotten rather drunk; Max knew to stay away from alcohol, but it didn't stop me. But that night I kissed him, and he kissed me back. And what I saw...it was amazing. I hadn't experienced any flash like that anytime when we had kissed before.

That was the year he and Tess got married. They had a wedding with Michael and Isabel. I remember the ceremony like it was yesterday. I was a bridesmaid with Serena and Kendra. Isabel's mother held Thomas (Or Thommy as we came to call him) in her arms. I don't know how she did this, the tears were streaming down her face. Her alien children (She found out all about them when the war began) were getting married. I think when she found out about them, she didn't believe that they would ever find love.

The wedding was small. I have this picture of the wedding party that I keep in a box with my journals up in the attic.

Maria didn't come to the wedding. She couldn't bear it.

The sixth year was when things became thicker in the war. Alex and I took care of Thommy in this year more than Isabel and Michael did. I think Alex took care of him more, with my slight drinking problem. It was only a slight problem in the beginning. After about four months Alex had a one person intervention. It didn't do much good then.

That year Sheriff Valenti died. He was brought down in battle by a Skin. It was probably one of the saddest days of my life. When Valenti died, I think a lot of hope within the eight died as well. It was almost as if no one cared after that.

Probably three weeks after Valenti died Tess announced that she was pregnant. My drinking heightened here.

But still, the war raged on. And there was nothing anyone could do about it. At least not the humans. The entire human race was depending on eight aliens. And Max, Michael, Tess, Isabel, Paul, David, Kendra, and Serena were amazing warriors. I never thought of Max as being the violent type, but seeing him kill off Skins one by one still haunts my dreams.

The seventh year was probably the strangest.

Tess had her baby, a girl. I don't know why, but she insisted on naming her Elizabeth. I didn't deserve that honor. I was a drunk. That's all there was to it. But someone deserved the name Liz Evans, even if it wasn't me.

So throughout the seventh year of the war a lot changed. My parents died, along with Max and Isabel's mother. Alex, Maria, Lizzy, Thommy, a few others who we met along the way, and I lived in the apartment above the rundown Crashdown.

Maria had a drinking problem along with me, but her's was worse than anything I could have ever had. She didn't just have a drinking problem, she had a severe mental problem. Alex, probably the only one who was completely sane, took care of the babies the most.

One drunken night I slept with Alex, and that was the strangest thing that ever happened to me. No matter what else happened with aliens or alien wars, sleeping with Alex topped the charts.

Also, a few weeks after that, the eight tired warriors came home. They probably hadn't been in Roswell in two months. I know from that night Isabel was pregnant again. She stayed in Roswell with us while the other seven went to war.

Her baby died before he had a chance to live. She went to war two weeks after that.

The eighth year took it's toll on everyone. The war ended, we being victorious. The Earth began to rebuild what was left. No one was the same after that.

I stopped drinking early that year, mostly because Thommy was coming of an age where he saw what I did, and wasn't just an oblivious baby.

Maria on the other hand didn't stop drinking and soon after we admitted her into a mental hospital. I believe she's still there.

Max, Tess, and Lizzy moved away from Roswell to Texas, but we stayed in touch. Tess had another baby that year, a boy they named Alexander Parker.

Michael, Isabel, and Thommy stayed in Roswell. Isabel found out after that she was barren, but they adopted a boy named Caleb whose mother died in the war.

Alex stayed in Roswell. He never did much with his life. He made his way.

In the ninth year I got a phone call from Max. He was crying. He told me that they were coming for them. That night the Evans and The Guerins came to where I lived. Isabel and Michael gave me Caleb. They knew he couldn't come with them. By the next day they were gone. I still wonder where they are.

It's been six years since then. I'm 31 and married. I'm very much in love with my husband, but he still comes second to Max Evans. Sometimes I go to the attic and I read my journals and I look at that picture of the wedding party. I cry. I never know what I feel, but I always know that Max is with me. When I cry, I know that he cries as well.

To this day my head is in the stars. The stars aren't my life anymore, but I will never forget a time when they were. And I'll never forget how I felt about Max Evans and how I felt about my life.

You may wonder about Kyle Valenti. After his father died, he left Roswell. I don't know where he went, but after the war he came back. Six months after Max, Tess, Isabel, and Michael left we were married. Kyle and I have two children of our own, and of course, Caleb. Kyle knows how I feel about Max. But then again, he also knows how I feel about him. We're happy. And I know that Max, wherever he is, is happy as well.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.