FanFic - Other
"Secrets "
Part 4
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like too.
Summary: Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Alex and Isabel all have to deal with the news of the pre-arranged destinies. They have been doing good, staying away from each other, until Isabel and Max began to feel a strange sense of power being used. The six friends must come together, along with Tess and Kyle to uncover the source of the power. They get a surprise of their life though, when they find out the power is from a fifth alien. An alien who is closer than anyone realizes.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Isabel sat up in bed when she heard Max's voice in the room next to her. She could tell Tess had made one of her weekly morning visits. She was beginning to despise Tess more and more. Isabel felt bad for her brother. There he was crying over Liz and all Tess could think about was getting him for herself.

Things had definitely changed over the last three months. Everyone was supposed to have gone their separate ways to explore their destiny. For some reason though, Isabel couldn't let go of Alex. After only a week of separation, they had gotten back together. Not wanting to hurt their other friends, they decided to keep their reunion a secret. It hurt Isabel to lie to Max and Michael, but she didn't want to rub it in that she was with the one she loved. Isabel moved over to the edge of her bed and picked up the phone. She needed to hear Alex's voice. It seemed that before she could start her day, she had to call him. She had to know he was still there.

"Hello." The groggy voice said into the phone.

"Good Morning!" Isabel said, in her husky voice. "Did you miss me?"

She knew she didn't have to flirt, but for some reason, it always made Alex happier to know that she still flirted with him.

"I missed you very much!" he said in almost a whisper. "I dreamed about you last night."

"I know," she said mischievously. "I was there, remember?"

Alex did remember. That was one of the greatest parts about dating an alien. Isabel was able to dream walk. She had walked into his dreams on many occasions, but since they had gotten back together and couldn't see each other in person, he was very glad to have her dream walking.

"I remember," he said. "We had a great time didn't we?"

"Yes we did!" she let a giggle escape her mouth.

"So what do you have planned today?" he asked, getting up out of bed? "Nuking a few alien hunters, taking over Earth, abducting some humans?"

She began laughing. Alex had a great sense of humor. That is one of the things that she loved so much about him.

"I don't know, I tried all those last week. I thought maybe I'd try something a little harder, you know like beaming myself home." She said through her laughter.

"Oh, I see. That sounds like a lot of fun." He said, his voice getting lower again. "Can I come?"

"You're more than welcome!" she said. "What are your plans?"

"Well I've decided to spy on you today! What time does your shift start?" he asked.

"I work from 5 o'clock until 9." She grumbled. "I'm supposed to work with Liz."

"I see, and I guess it wouldn't be such a good thing for me to come to the Crashdown and stare at you with Liz there huh?

"No, it probably wouldn't." she said with an idea coming into her head. "but you could come there for supper and I could wait on you!"

"Sounds like a plan to me!" Alex said, beamingly.

They had been talking about meeting at the Crashdown when Isabel felt a surge of power move through her.

"OH!" she said as she fell back on her bed. The power surge had been stronger than any surge she'd ever felt from Michael or Max.

"Are you all right?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said. "Something just happened here though. I felt power being used and it wasn't Michael or Max. I don't think it was Tess either. This was much too strong."

"What do you suppose it means?" Alex's voice was filled with concern.

"I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just imagining things because I haven't felt it anymore".

Just then, Isabel heard a knock on her door.

"Who is it?" she hollered.

"Max and Tess." Came the reply.

"Alex I have to go, I'll see you at the Crashdown tonight. I love you." She said.

"I love you too, Iz. Good-bye."

Isabel replaced the phone on the hook and crawled off the bed. She made her way over to the door and unlocked it.

Opening the door, she found her brother and Tess, who was very pale.

"What is it?" Isabel asked. "Has something happened to Michael?"

"No," Max said and entered his sister's room. He went over to the edge of her bed and set down.

"A few minutes ago, Tess and I were on our way out of my room when I felt power being used." Max started.

"You too?" she said, suddenly becoming curious as to what her brother was saying.

"You mean you felt it too?" he asked.

"Yes, I thought it was just me, but if you two felt it then." she was cut off by Max.

"That's just it, Iz. Tess didn't feel a thing. I don't know what that means." A look of confusion crossed Max's face. "Somehow we are connected to this power."

"How are we going to find out where it's coming from?" Isabel asked.

Max looked at Tess and then back to his sister. "I think it's time we get the group back together. It's the only way we can begin to uncover what we' re up against."

"I think you're right, Max." Isabel said. "I'll give Alex and Maria a call."

"Thanks, Liz is supposed to meet us here in a half hour." He said. "I'll take care of Michael."

"Ok, Max. Half an hour. Got it." Isabel took off towards her phone.

"Remember Iz, we could all be in danger."

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.