FanFic - Other
"Secrets "
Part 15
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Never have, never will but would like too.
Summary: Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Alex and Isabel all have to deal with the news of the pre-arranged destinies. They have been doing good, staying away from each other, until Isabel and Max began to feel a strange sense of power being used. The six friends must come together, along with Tess and Kyle to uncover the source of the power. They get a surprise of their life though, when they find out the power is from a fifth alien. An alien who is closer than anyone realizes.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Had Nascedo just told them what they thought he'd said? At one time he'd been married to Amy DeLuca. What did that mean? Michael was the first to speak.

"You were married to Maria's mom?" he asked, almost not believing it himself.

"Yes, many years ago. And I have reason to believe that Maria is my daughter from so long ago." Nascedo said.

It was the four aliens turn to look shocked. How could this be? Maria's father had left long ago, when she was only two. There was no way Nascedo could be her father. Wouldn't Maria have recognized him.

Fear shot through Isabel's body. "How is it possible?" she asked Nascedo.

Nascedo looked at Isabel. "I'm guessing that when a human and one of us have a child together, the child does not gain the ability to use their powers until they turn sixteen. Now, I can't say that I've seen her use any powers, but I do know that she is Amy DeLuca's only daughter and she reminds me a lot of the picture I have of my daughter. "

Isabel thought back to the picture he had showed them earlier. The baby was Maria. She knew she had recognized the photograph.

"Maybe I have." Michael said suddenly. "The other day, Maria moved me. I thought it was Nascedo, but you were no where around. Then last night, I had her try moving my cat and she did. She has absolutely no control over her use of power though."

"About what times did she use her powers, Michael." Max asked.

"I don't remember exactly, once in the morning and once in the evening." Michael looked at Max.

Max looked over at Isabel. "That what we felt then." He said solemnly. "We felt Maria using her powers."

The four friends couldn't believe what they had just discovered. What Maria really part alien? If so, then how would she fit into their destiny? Would she have to go back to their planet with them?

The group was brought back to reality when they heard a knock on the door. Isabel quickly got up and answered the door. There stood Maria, Alex and Liz.

"Hey, is everything ok?" Maria asked, concern radiating from her voice. She didn't see the others sitting in the living room. "We were on our way over here and felt a jolt of fear run through me. I knew it was connected to you though. Is everything all right?"

Isabel looked at Maria. How could Maria, one of her best human friends, now be part alien? She looked down and then back up to Maria. "We have to talk." She said as she invited Alex, Liz and Maria inside.

When Maria walked in the house, she noticed right away that Michael, Max and Nascedo were sitting in the living room. She felt herself begin to tremble. Something bad had happened. She sat down next to Michael. Liz sat next to Max and Alex slid onto the floor beside Isabel.

"We've found the fifth alien." Michael said, breaking the silence that had engulfed the room.

"You did?" Maria asked. "Is it as bad as we though? Is it here to destroy you guys?"

Michael looked away. This was going to be much harder than he thought. Maria looked so innocent. How could he tell her what they had found out?

"What did you find out?" she asked. "Why is it so hard to tell me." Damn it! Michael had forgotten that she could read his thoughts. He was going have to stop thinking.

"Actually, Maria, it was I who discovered the fifth alien." Nascedo piped up. He looked at Michael. "I guess I should be the one to tell you about it."

Maria looked at Nascedo curiously. "So, who is it?"

"Seventeen years ago I met a woman and fell very much in love with her." Nascedo started. We married soon after and before long, she was pregnant. At the time my wife wasn't sure who the father was. I ended up leaving my wife and child when the baby was two. In the back of my mind, I believed the child was not mine. Seeing it everyday reminded me of my wife's betrayal. Then, last week during my supper at the Crashdown, the woman I left so many years ago walked in. I know she did not recognize me. How could she? Back then I had a whole different appearance. Remember I'm a shape-shifter and can take on any form I choose. She hadn't changed a bit, except maybe had gotten a little older. Never in a million years would I have thought she'd still live here in Roswell."

Maria looked at him carefully. "What are you getting at?" she asked.

"That's what I'm getting too." He said. "I was in such a state of shock that I didn't realize her child -our child- had sat down beside her. The sad part was I didn't remember anything about the child." He looked at Maria, his eyes filling with tears. "It was so long ago when I left. I didn't expect the child to remember me, nor did I expect her mother to. I began to think then, that it was possible that the child was mine and had powers that had been passed on by me, making it half alien." His eyes feel to the floor as a single tear trickled down his cheek. "Maria," he said. "You are the child I left so many years ago. I am so sorry, baby. I'm so sorry." Nascedo began to cry.

Maria felt as though everything she knew in the world was wrong. There was no way she was part alien. Her mom had married a Jack Murphy. Not Nascedo. Anger flared through her veins. She stood up.

"Stop it!" she screamed. "Just stop it. My mom married a man named Jack. That's not your name. You don't LIE to me! I can't help that you left some poor kid when they were only little but DON'T try to claim me! I'm not yours. I'm not part a-a-a-alien!" Maria collapsed next to Michael in uncontrollable sobs. How could this be? There was no way he could prove to her that that he was her father. Maybe then, only then, would she be able to believe it was true. She buried her head into Michael. She didn't want the other to know how much she was hurting. "Here." Nascedo said. "Show her this." He said, handing the photograph he had to Michael. Michael took the picture that Nascedo had given him. He sat Maria up. "Look at me." He said. Maria's eyes went up to his. "I love you very much, you know that right?" he asked. "This doesn't change how I feel about you one bit. If anything, it makes me love you that much more. Just knowing that you are strong enough to deal with it is enough to make me love you ten times over." He reached over and hugged her. When he pulled away, he showed her the picture.

"That's the only picture I ever had of my daughter." Said Nascedo. "I've carried it around with me ever since I left. I never thought that one day I would find you." Maria looked at the photograph Michael had given her. There was no doubt about it, this was her. She had changed a lot, but the one thing that hadn' t changed, what her dark green eyes. That alone was enough to know that she was the little girl in the photograph. She handed the photograph back to Michael.

"So you were Jack." She said finally, wiping away a stray tear that found it 's way to her cheek. "My mom's first love."

Nascedo looked at Maria. His heart swelled. Who would have thought he'd ever grow to love another human being as much as he'd loved Amy?

"Yes," he said, then added. "And that would make me your father."

"I'm sorry, Nascedo, you're not my father." Maria responded, looking square in his eyes.

"Maria, how could you say that?" he asked. She had hurt him.

"It's not meant to hurt you," she said, feeling the pain that she had caused him. "what I meant to say was that after you left mom found out who my real father actually was. I didn't know up until this morning who he actually was. I'm sorry Nascedo, but my father was the man my mom had the affair with."

Nascedo looked stunned. He had never expected her to say that. How could she be the other man's? She had powers didn't she? She was part alien, wasn't she? Yes seemed to be the answer to every question that was running through Nascedo's head. This wasn't making sense to him.

"Maria, how could that be." Max asked. He'd been quiet up until that moment. He couldn't figure out how Maria had her powers if her father wasn' t Nascedo.

"I don't know Max. All I know is my mom told me she never knew the man's name. She met him the one weekend and never saw him again." She said, looking at her friends. "She gave me the only picture she had of him. It's at home though, I knew I should have brought it."

"We're back to square one." Max said. "Only we know who our so-called alien is. Maria, somehow you've contracted our powers. Either Nascedo really is your father, or there is more to this story that your mom hasn't told you."

"I think you're right Max." Maria said. "If Nascedo isn't my father, then who is?"

Part 14 | Index | Part 16
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.