Fanfic - Other Roswell Stories
"Roswell Future"
"Max's Son"
Part 1
by Piper
Disclaimer: I don’t own Roswell. Unfortunately.
Summary: Max still thinks about the son he had with Tess.
Category: Other Roswell Stories
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: This story takes place in the future. It is part of an evolving storyline including: “Max’s Son”, “Michael and Maria”, “Just Married”, “Alien Joy”, and “Christmas Joy”. More stories may be forthcoming.
Max Evans stared up at the sky. He knew what he was looking and waiting for would never come. At least it would not come that night. Max knew he had to be patient, but he still couldn’t help watching and hoping.

Max was waiting for his son. He had been in contact with his son, who was on the planet Antar with his mother Tess. Alex, as Max had decided to call him, had been contacting him since he was an infant. He was now six years old, very intelligent, and already very powerful.

Alex. Max had decided to name him after his friend that was killed by Tess years ago before she left Earth to return to Antar to have their son. Alex loved his ‘Earth name’, as he called it, and hated his ‘Antar name’, Kivar. Tess had named him after the man who had stolen Max’s throne on Antar. Max’s son was also to be Kivar’s successor to the Antar throne, but Alex only wanted to be on Earth with his father.

Max wished with all his heart that he could find a way to get to Antar and bring his son home. But that was impossible. Max had almost made it, finding a spaceship and someone who could fly it for him, but the ship was far too damaged to be of any use. Max just had to face it: there was no way he was going to get to Antar. But Max did know that there was a way for Alex to come to Earth, and his son had promised him that he would come. He had never told Max exactly when, but had told him, “Only when the time is right.”

Max remembered that connection. He had asked his son how much longer he would have to wait for him.

“Not long, Father,” Alex had replied. “But I will come only when the time is right. Only when it is

right, Father, and not any sooner.”

Max had lost the connection after that and spent moments alone in his apartment, crying for his son. All he wanted was what was best for his son, and that was for Alex to be here with him on Earth. And Alex agreed with him. He could see his mother’s mind and he knew all that she had done and all that she hoped to someday do.

“Max?”

Max turned around to see his fiancée Liz Parker standing in the sliding-glass doorway of their

apartment balcony.

“Liz,” Max breathed. Whenever he looked into her eyes he knew everything would be okay. When he looked into her eyes he saw the deep love that Liz felt for him, the same type of love that he felt

for her.

“Max, sweetie, what are you doing out here?” Liz asked, walking up to him and putting her arms around his body, letting her head rest against his back.

Max rubbed his hand over hers. “Looking at the stars.”

“Looking for Alex?” Liz asked.

Max nodded. “I still can’t believe I’ve left him there this long.”

“You haven’t left him there,” Liz corrected him. “You just haven’t been able to get there because

there isn’t a spaceship on Earth that works. Honey, Alex will be fine, he can take care of himself.

You know that.”

Max nodded. “I know, but I just can’t help but think of him and the danger he is in while he is with

Tess.”

Liz turned him around and kissed his lips, putting her arms around his neck. Max put his arms round

her and pulled her closer, running his hands through her long dark hair.

Liz pulled away after a few moments. She smiled mischievously and walked back into the apartment

with a sexy saunter. Max smiled, knowing what was to come. He followed Liz into their bedroom

and began pulling her clothes off, kissing her silky skin all the while.

************************************************************************

The next morning Max woke up and got dressed. He left early for work at his pediatrics medical

office. He and Liz had gone to school in Boston and came back to Roswell after graduation. Max had started his own medical office and Liz had taken over the Crashdown Café from her parents,

becoming co-owner.

Max worked endlessly with his young patients that day and came home to find Liz setting the table

for a romantic dinner. He took her in his arms and kissed her gently, then went into the kitchen to help her finish dinner.

He sat down at the table and dug into the delicious meal.

Suddenly, he paused, his fork halfway to his mouth. He sat frozen, eyes unblinking, looking out into the space beyond Liz.

“Max?” Liz cried. She looked behind her, saw nothing, and then turned back to Max. “Max!” She jumped up from her chair, sending it crashing to the floor. She ran to Max’s side.

Max began to shake uncontrollably, falling from his chair. He began to blink furiously. Liz fell to her knees beside him, searching him over, unsure of what to do. “Max?” she asked, her voice shaking.

Max stopped shaking and opened his eyes.

“Alex?” Liz asked, knowing the answer.

Max nodded as Liz helped him sit up. “Alex. He…he’s in danger. Real danger. Kivar is close to finding out the truth about him, the truth that he is truly behind me and not him. Alex needs to get out

of there. Now.”

“Max, we have no way to get him off of Antar. He’s the only one who can get himself off that

planet,” Liz reasoned.

“I have to try to contact him,” Max said, pushing himself off the floor.

Liz shook her head. “Max you’ve tried that before and it hasn’t worked,” she reminded him as she

helped him to his feet.

Max stood up. Still feeling disoriented, he leaned on Liz for support. “I have to try again. Alex’s life

is in danger.”

Liz nodded. “All right. Try again. But please wait for a few minutes before you do. That last vision really took a lot out of you. Promise me that you’ll wait before you try to contact him. If you overdo it, I might not be able to get you back.”

Max looked into Liz’s eyes and saw the pleading and worries in them. He nodded. “I promise. I’ll wait about a half hour or so.” He stroked her cheek loving and she smiled back, trying to hide her worries. But her smile only enhanced them.

Liz helped Max over to the couch and lowered him to the cushioned surface. “Do you want anymore

of supper? Or are you not hungry anymore?”

Max groaned. He’d forgotten about Liz’s romantic dinner. He’d ruined their night altogether with his vision. “I’m so sorry Liz…” Max began.

Liz shook her head. “No, it’s okay. I’ll put it in the fridge and I’ll bring it to you for lunch tomorrow or something. It’s no big deal.”

Max took Liz’s hand and gently kissed her fingers. “I’ve ruined our evening. I am so very sorry.”

Liz nodded. “I know Max. But don’t be. Please. It’s all right. Alex is more important right now. And besides, it’s not like you can control your visions or Alex’s connections. Don’t worry about anything. I’m going to go clean up. Just rest here.”

Max nodded. “Thank you Liz. Thank you for putting up with me.” He smiled lovingly at his fiancée as he rested back against the couch.

************************************************************************

An hour later, Max woke up from a brief nap. He got up from the couch and went to find Liz. He

found her reading a book in their bedroom. “Hey there beautiful,” he said with a smile as he leaned against the doorway.

Liz looked up and dropped her book. “Max, how are you feeling?”

“Fine,” Max said as he walked into the room and sat down on the edge of the bed.

“Did you try to contact Alex yet?” Liz asked.

Max shook his head. “Not yet. I’m going to go try. I just wanted you to know that so that you won’t

interrupt me. I’ll need total concentration.”

Liz nodded. “I’ll be in here reading.”

“All right. Thank you.” Max leaned in close and kissed Liz softly on the cheek. He pulled away and

walked quickly back to the living room. He knew if he stayed in their bedroom too much longer, he

wouldn’t want to leave. But this was important; he had to contact Alex.

Max sat on the couch and leaned against the cushiony back. He closed his eyes and slowly breathed

in and out, trying to relax. After a few minutes he felt his body relax and he closed his eyes and concentrated on hearing his son’s voice. Max sat on the couch for twenty minutes trying to reach a connection. But he wasn’t powerful enough.

He opened his eyes and broke his concentration. He sighed in frustration. He had never been able to contact his son – all their connections had been started by Alex.

Max breathed in heavily, realizing for the first time the pounding pain in his head and his blurred vision. He had been concentrating too hard, and now he was feeling the consequences. He lay down all the way on the couch, resting his head on his arm and closed his eyes. Max used his power and healed his migraine, falling asleep as soon as she was finished.

************************************************************************

Max’s eyes fluttered open. He looked around, feeling a bit disoriented. He realized he was still spread out on his couch, only Liz must have covered him with a blanket. He sat up, leaned back, let his eyes adjust to the darkness, and sighed in comfort. His vision was back to normal and his head had stopped pounding.

He got up after a few moments and went to check on Liz. He found her sleeping comfortably in their bed. He went over to her and gently kissed her forehead. “I’ll be back soon,” he whispered to her sleeping form.

He went out into the kitchen and wrote a quick note telling her that he was going out for a drive in the desert. He had done that many times before, always going back to the same spot, hoping Alex would come. He never did.

Max grabbed his car keys and went out the door, walking quietly down the hall of his apartment building and out to his garage. He got into his car and pulled away from his building and the city.

He drove for a few miles into the desert. After driving to his usual spot, he pulled over to the side of the road and turned off the ignition. He sat and waited, like he had waited so many other nights. After a few minutes he let his head rest on the back of his seat and he felt himself slipping into sleep once again.

Not long after, a loud boom sounded not too far away and woke Max up with a jolt. He opened his

eyes and quickly shielded them from the blinding light that followed. After the light faded away Max

looked into the distance. Not knowing what he was doing, yet knowing at the same time, he opened

his car door and ran into the desert. He looked around him and found what he knew in his heart he

had been looking for.

A small, still form was spread out on the ground before him. Max wrapped the young child in his leather jacket and carried it to his car. He opened his car door and set the child down on the backseat.

Max stared closely at the unmoving form in front of him. The child was a young boy, perhaps six years old. He had shaggy brown hair and when the child opened his eyes, Max stared into his own

shining brown eyes.

“Alex,” Max whispered. It wasn’t a question. Max knew the moment he had picked the child up that he was his son, the son he had been searching for for years.

Alex smiled back at him. “I am home father. I am finally where I belong,” he stated. He let his head

fall back against the seat and he fell into a deep sleep.

Max closed the car door and drove back into the city, taking his son home.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.