FanFic - Other
"Remembering Our Pasts"
Part 8
by Charmed Kitten
Disclaimer: I don't own them, I'm just borrowing them. I make 'em happy for a while then give them back. Just the way I found them, depressed and fighting. Oh, but I own Lady Raine and the other characters that I've added. =)
Summary: This is part two in my yet unnamed series. The first part in Our Real Families, you should read that before this one to understand what is going on. This is a few days after Max and Tess come back from New York. The gang hasn't been able to get together and talk because Max's parents are concerned and won't let him out of their sight except for school.
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: I'd love feedback if you don't mind, even criticism. =) I need help with a name for the series. If you have any ideas, please e-mail me with them. Thanks!
"Okay, but then who are the other two pairs?" Isabel asked.

"I don't know," Tess answered.

Michael started to laugh. He started to laugh so hard that he started crying and gasping for breath like a dying man. All of his friends turn to look at him as if he was going crazy, and he felt like he must be if he truly believed the logic that had suddenly descended on his mind. But he couldn't stop laughing because he knew that as soon as he did then he would open up his mouth and share his theory and they would join him. At least he hoped that they would. He felt that it would be too weird if he was right. He didn't want to be right, even though he really did. He didn't know what he wanted, hell, it was the story of his life, not to be the one that everyone depends on so that he'll never disappoint.

Liz was concerned for her brother, her twin. She could feel some of his emotions, but only his strong ones. She felt his fear, confusion and amazement at what he had thought up. She gently touched him and forced herself to open their connection even more than normal. And what she saw and felt, stunned her. "Oh, my God! Michael! If you're right then...Oh, my God!" Liz yelled before she was consumed by giggles that soon turned into laughter as well.

"Liz? Liz? Michael? Come on you guys. What the hell is so funny?" All of their friends asked one by one. They were starting to get concerned, they didn't know what was going on between the two of them, besides the fact that Michael had thought up some idea and they were laughing because they thought it might be right. But what might be right? What idea had Michael thought up?

Finally both Michael and Liz stopped laughing because they were out of breath and extremely tired. Isabel jumped on them immediately.

"Okay. Stop laughing you two and tell us what the hell is so funny that you two are rolling on the floor laughing like two crazed hyenas?" Isabel yelled. The sound of her voice raised calmed them both immediately and took away their desire for laughter. They knew that Isabel was really worried. She was the mother bear of their group and always on the look out. And she hated it when they kept her out of the loop, it hurt her because she so wanted them to be honest with each other. Every since she found out the depth of their love for her and each other, she wanted no more secrets.

Liz looked to her twin. "You tell them."

"Why me?"

"Because it's your idea, Michael."

"But they'll take you more seriously than me. And besides, I'm in striking distance, you're not," Michael ended in a whine.

"I'm not telling, brother dear," Liz stated as she crossed her arms and faced him with her brown eyes dancing in barely concealed mirth. "Go on," she said when Michael began to get a stubborn look on his face.

"Michael," Isabel said firmly in her no-nonsense Ice Princess voice.

Michael sighed heavily in defeat. "Fine. I'll tell you my theory, but you all are probably going to think that I'm crazy, but here goes," Michael said in a childish voice like a five year-old who hadn't gotten his way. Suddenly he stood and positioned himself behind Ava and Isabel. Everyone sent him questioning looks as to why he had stood while Liz kept her face down, staring at the blanket, trying to hold back her laughter. Michael felt it through their connection. "Stop it, sis, or I'll never be able to start," Michael said as the corners of his mouth began to twitch.

"I'm sor...ry...but...I just can't..." Liz started to stammer out while Isabel crawled across the blanket and covered Liz's mouth firmly. She nodded to Michael to continue with a look of cold ice in her eyes.

Michael pulled himself together and started. "Well, when Tess started talking about there being at least another pair of us, if not two, a thought popped into my head. I mean, it's not really crazy if you think about it....it's actually rather logical, but also not. I mean it would explain a lot about one of the people, but then again it wouldn't cause we'd still have the same questions as before."

"Michael," Max said with an impatient voice. "Would you please just tell us your theory."

Michael nodded his head and took a deep breath before he said, "I think that Maria and Kyle are the other pair or part of the other two pairs."

A stunned silence over took the group of friends. Isabel's hand fell from Liz's mouth and fell onto the blanket in between them. Just as suddenly as Michael had blurted out his statement, Maria jumped up from her position and ran towards Michael. "What? Where on earth, or any other planet for that matter, did you come up with a crazy idea like that, Spaceboy?" Maria screamed as she whacked him upside his head.

At that point, Liz started to crack up laughing again. Soon Alex, Ava, Michael and Tess joined them. Maria, Kyle, Max and Isabel looked at the other five as if they were crazy and losing their minds. "Why are you laughing?" Maria screamed. "What is so funny about this situation?"

Liz tried to speak, but she was laughing too hard for them to make out her words. Alex was able to calm himself enough to choke out, "Because, it's just funny how well they knew you."

"Huh?" Maria said. At that point Isabel and Max joined in the laughter chuckling softly at the realization of what had set Michael and Liz off before. "Why is everyone laughing but Kyle and me?" Maria said in confusion. She looked towards Kyle for help but he just continued his blank stare at Michael. Maria knew that she would get no help from that quarter. She turned towards Max, one of the most sensible of their group, besides Liz who was currently curled up in a fetus position laughing her head off. "Max, what is so damn funny?"

Max stopped chuckling when he noticed the panic and fear in Maria's eyes. "Maria, it's just that...when Michael got the idea, he also knew how you would react. You would get upset and start yelling. It's just kinda funny that he was right, that's all," Max said with a smile on his face.

"Oh," Maria said her anger left her and she saw the humor in the situation. She turned to Michael and said, "So Spaceboy, you think you know me pretty well, huh?"

Michael had stopped laughing as soon as he had heard the panic and fear in Maria's voice when she asked Max what was so funny. But he smiled at the question that Maria had addressed to him. "Yeah, I do. I know I do. That's one of the few things that I know for sure," Michael said with a half smirk on his face as he looked down at Maria with love and amusement in his eyes.

Maria's breath caught in her throat. She didn't think that she could move or breath in that moment. The moment was broken by Kyle coming out of his blank stare.

"Oh, fucking Buddha. Oh, wow....wait....no....no way. I can't be....I mean....what the hell....Maria's my....sister? Na-uh....no way...I mean it's weird enough that our parents want to go at it like a pair of horny bunnies, but to actually be related to the crazy girl....holy shit."

That rambling comment just set everyone off into another round of giggles and chuckles.

Tess finally found her voice and said rather breathlessly, "Kyle, I don't think that Buddha fucked much."

"That's because he never lived with a female like you. He's have to be blind, deaf, dumb and lost his sense of smell in order not to think carnal thoughts of you," Kyle spit out before he knew what was coming out of his mouth.

The entire gang fell silent at Kyle's statement. "What did you say, Kyle?" Tess asked her voice still breathless not only from her bout of laughter but from the bolt of desire that laced through her body at Kyle's comment. *He thinks that way about me?* she thought in wonder and amazement.

"I said that Buddha never lived with a female like you and that he'd have to be...awww. Fucking shit! I said that out loud?" Kyle howled in anger and confusion.

"Yup, you sure did, Buddha Boy," Michael said as he tried to contain his laughter at the look of horror on Kyle's face, the look of amazement and desire that was on Tess's face, the look of amusement and curiosity on Ava's and the look of brotherly anger mixing with laughter on Alex's. *This is going to be fun,* Michael thought. *For once it wasn't me that had stuck my foot in my mouth and said things I really didn't want everyone else to know.* Michael smirked at the knowledge.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.