FanFic - Other
"Playing With Fire"
Part 4
by Love
Disclaimer: Don't own "Roswell" in any way shape or form.
Summary: There is a new girl in school, and she is BAD news.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to all the peeps on the fanfic board for the great feedback. Also, thanks to Jen for all the support!
"She's lying. She's got to be lying." Michael shook his head and glared at Dawn, who was laying stretched out on Isabel's bed, her ankle wrapped. She lay there with her eyes closed, but she took the opportunity to flick Michael off. Michael looked away, not knowing what to do. This chick was tougher than anyone he's ever met. Even Michael didn't know how to handle her.

"Michael, if she was lying, then how come Pierce is trying to kill her?" Max's question seemed logical, but Michael was not going to give in. He thought fast.

"Maybe he's not trying to kill her. Maybe she just said that to get us on her side." He knew she was being stubborn, but something about this girl didn't feel right.

"Michael, stop being stubborn. If Dawn really is who she says she is, she can help us. Topolsky knew all sorts of stuff." Isabel said excitedly as she looked at Michael. Michael turned to her, annoyance on his face.

"Isabel, you can't believe everything someone tells you. You can't be that naïve." Isabel's face took on a hurt expression.

"You think I'm being naïve? I believe her, Michael, and if you don't, that's your problem. But don't ruin it for me and Max." She looked at Dawn, who was listening to everything. Suddenly, she spoke up.

"You want proof Michael? I'll get you proof. But since my ankle's busted, I need someone to drive me to my apartment."

"I'll do it," Max volunteered. Michael whipped his head around.

"Are you crazy? What if she tries to kill you?"

"It's a chance I'm willing to take." He walked over to the bed and sat on the edge of it, looking down at Dawn's face. Her eyes were closed and her hair was spread out over the pillow. Her eyes opened and he was startled at the intense color in them. He had never noticed how bright of a blue they were. She smiled and gave a little laugh.

"You ready?" She regarded him curiously and he nodded. "Do you want to pick up Liz on the way?" Liz! Max's brain snapped back to reality and he nodded.

"Yeah. Uh, you wanna call her?" Dawn shook her head.

"I already told her we'd pick her up." She giggled a girlish giggle that normally would have sounded to old for a nineteen-year-old, but the giggle fit Dawn's appearance. Max helped her to stand up and helped her hobble over to get her crutches. She grabbed them and turned around expertly on them. "Well, I guess we'll see you later." She swiveled around and made her way down the hall to the stairs. She hopped contently down the stairs and stood at the bottom, waiting for Max.

"Wow. You're really good on those things." Dawn just smiled.

"This isn't the first time I've busted my ankle. I've done it several times." Max followed her to the jeep.

"Really?"

"Yup. And every time I did, it was sneaking out of the house. I got caught so many times because of it." She got into the car and lay her crutches in the back seat. Max laughed and felt completely comfortable with this girl. She was easy to talk to and a lot of fun. He started the car and backed out of the driveway, unaware that they were being watched.

Tess looked behind her to make sure she wasn't being followed. She silently walked into the FBI headquarters building and slipped down the hall. She knew what she was doing was stupid and dangerous, but she had to. She found the conference room where Pierce was and took a deep breath before walking in. She opened the big double doors with flourish, trying to look confident, something she absolutely was not. Pierce smiled when he saw her. "Tess. How great to see you. Sit down." He gestured to an empty seat at the long glass table and she obeyed. Pierce leaned forward and supported himself on his elbows. "Now, what do you have for me?"

"Dawn was at the Evans' house. I saw them all talking in Isabel Evans' room. Then Dawn and Max left to go pick up Liz. There wasn't much going on. It looked like they were arguing about something, but I can't be sure. It was all real vague." Pierce nodded his head.

"Very good Tess. Now, here's what I want you to do. I want you to find Dawn. And when you do, I want you to kill her."

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.