FanFic - Other
"Our Real Families"
Part 5
by Charmed Kitten
Disclaimer: I don't own them...just borrowing, but don't worry, I'll bring 'em back the way that I found them, all broken and depressed.
Summary: This is my thoughts on the aftereffects of Meet the Dupes with a bit of Max in the City or Journey to New York thrown in. I wrote the dupes without their accents, simply because it was easier to write. Hope you don't mind. Starts where Meet the Dupes ends....no spoilers just my own random thoughts. It does get a little dark later in the story, but not too bad. =)
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my first Roswell fic so don't be too cruel to me, please? Hope you like it!
At that moment, both Iz and Maria jerked awake.

"What happened? Did it work?" Michael asked. He walked over to the bed and wrapped his arms around Maria and Isabel. Liz walked over to Alex and woke him up.

"It worked. He believes us." Isabel had a beautiful smile on her face. "We're going to meet every night and talk about everything. He says not to worry too much and that he'll be careful."

"Of course he'll be careful, he's Max. Max and careful are practically the same word," Kyle interjected with a smile on his face. There was a look of obvious relief on his face as well as Jim's and Ava's.

"He agreed with our plan. He thought it was a good idea." Isabel turned to Liz. "Liz, I don't know what happened between you and my brother. I know he's hurting over it, but he told me to tell you something." Liz looked up at Isabel. There were tears in her eyes that were filled with pain. "I'm not going to ask what happened. And neither is Maria." She shot a look at Maria. "Or anyone else for that matter. When you're ready, I trust you to tell us. But Max wanted you to know that he's coming for you. Whether you like it or not. He's not going to give up."

Liz started to sob. Alex started to reach for her but she pushed him away. She walked to the window and leaned against the pane as she looked out. She had her arms wrapped around her waist as she cried. Ava walked over to her and held her from behind. Liz turned around and sobbed into her arms. "What am I suppose to do?"

"I don't know. Let's worry about that when he come back,okay? Just remember that you aren't alone, Liz. Your family is here and they will help you no matter what." Ava looked towards everyone else in the room with a confused look on her face. They realized that she had no idea what Liz was struggling with. But it didn't matter.

Michael gave Maria and Isabel a final squeeze and walked over to Liz and Ava. He pulled Liz into his arms and carried her sobbing form over to the bed and sat down against her bed frame with her in his lap, holding her and comforting her as she cried herself to sleep.

"Liz and I made breakfast while you guys were sleeping. Are you hungry? I know it's breakfast food but there's nothing wrong with eggs at umm...6 at night." They all laughed.

Maria, Isabel and Alex nodded and served themselves to the leftovers after Ava warmed them up. The rest of the group chatted softly as they ate.

Jim walked over to the bed and found that both Michael and Liz were fast asleep. He moved them down the bed until they were both sleeping peacefully. "I don't think that there is any reason to wake them up since Liz' parents won't be home tonight."

"I think I'm going to call home and tell Mom that I'm gonna spend the night at Liz's," Isabel said. "I really don't want to go home since Max isn't there and I don't want to leave Liz or Michael right now."

"Okay. Why don't you call your mom and tell her." Isabel and Maria gathered up the empty plates and took them down to the kitchen and to use the phone there. "Ava, why don't you stay at our place tonight. You could take Tess's place at school. That way you won't be so bored during the day. And it won't seem as strange that Tess is gone and someone who looks just like her is walking around town."

"Sure, Jim. That's sounds alright. Umm...but I don't know Tess's schedule or what she's like, not really."

"I can help you with that," Kyle said. "If you don't mind."

"No, that would be cool."

"Okay, now that that is settled, Alex do you need a ride home or did you drive?"

"Actually, could you give me a ride home, Sheriff umm...sorry Jim?" Jim nodded his consent. "Let's go down and tell Maria. She'll probably end up staying over her with Iz and Michael anyway. Amy's out of town this week too."

"Thanks, Sher....Jim for taking Alex home. Isabel and I are going to head home real quick and pick up some clothes for tomorrow as well as our books. Isabel's also going to get Michael's stuff as well. Well, I guess that we'll see you guys tomorrow at school. Well, except for you Jim. What are you going to do tomorrow anyway? Or for that matter, until Max comes home."

"That's easy, Maria. I'm going to stay in the house and have a little vacation." Jim said with a huge grin on his face. All the teens laughed.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.