FanFic - Other
"Our Real Families"
Part 1
by Charmed Kitten
Disclaimer: I don't own them...just borrowing, but don't worry, I'll bring 'em back the way that I found them, all broken and depressed.
Summary: This is my thoughts on the aftereffects of Meet the Dupes with a bit of Max in the City or Journey to New York thrown in. I wrote the dupes without their accents, simply because it was easier to write. Hope you don't mind. Starts where Meet the Dupes ends....no spoilers just my own random thoughts. It does get a little dark later in the story, but not too bad. =)
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my first Roswell fic so don't be too cruel to me, please? Hope you like it!
*Damn. What am I going to do now? * Ava thought as she walked away from the car and strolled down the main street. *Rath and Lonnie will probably kill them if Max and Tess challenge them at all. But they can't kill Zan...I mean Max. We need him in order to survive, to do anything worth doing.* Ava thought as tears ran down her face.

*Damn. What am I going to do now?* Liz thought as she walked along main street towards the park. *I can't tell Max what happened, but if I don't, he'll never be able to forgive me. Why is he going to New York? It's not safe, he doesn't know what he's getting in to and he didn't take Michael and Isabel with him. What is going on between them? Damn it, Max! This was suppose to make everything better, not worse.*

"What the hell am I suppose to do now?" both of them yelled to the sky. Immediately they heard the other voice and snapped their head to the sound.

"Tess...I mean Ava, hi...umm...didn't you go with them to New York?"

"Wasn't any room in the car," she answered with a shrug.

"Oh...well, um. Do you have a place to stay?" Liz asked, wondering why she felt such a bond, a connection to this carbon copy of Tess, Max's bride. But she choose to go with her instincts.

"Well, yeah."

"Where?" Liz asked, knowing the answer already.

"Umm...around."

"Why don't you stay with me tonight? My parents are out of town for the week. You can stay with me until Max and the others get back."

"What if they don't come back?"

Liz jerked in shock at that question. Tears finally filled her eyes at the vocalize thought that Max would never come back to Roswell, to them...to her. "But...But he has to. They have to. Max belongs here. Michael and Isabel are here. Alex, Maria and I are here."

"Liz, Rath and Lonnie don't belong here," Ava said. Her eyes intense, trying to make Liz understand the seriousness of the situation.

"What? He won't leave Isabel and Michael. He's always been the responsible one, the one that thinks things through first, that's one of the things that I love about him," Liz's eyes shot up and met Ava's. "I...I mean..."

"You love him?" Ava asked without the bitterness, jealousy or coldness that Tess sometimes showed Liz.

"Well, umm..." She suddenly felt as if she could finally be truthful with the girl standing in front of her. She felt that connection again that she had felt when she had first seen her in the UFO Center. "Yeah, I do." She said with a cheesy grin on her face, until her face fell. "But he hates me right now. I mean he has every right to, but I just wish he wouldn't. Hey, do you want some ice cream? My parents own The Crashdown, its one of the restaurants here in town, we could have some while we talk."

Ava smiled. She was drawn to this girl for some reason. She had felt the immediate kinship while Lonnie, Rath and her had been watching them in the UFO Center and it just kept increasing. "Sure. And maybe we can try and figure out a way to get you back your man." She said as she giggled at the stunned look on Liz's face as they walked towards The Crashdown. "You obviously love him. Zan and I, yeah we were matched like Max and Tess, but we were never in love. Neither are Lonnie and Rath, but they are lovers." Ava smirked at Liz's shudder when she remembered Rath's kiss. "Zan was never into me, or me him. It just felt weird. Something was always there between us whenever we tried to get together. Like we remember something from our past, but just couldn't put our finger on it. So we never really tried."

"But what if..."

"Are they married in this life?"

"What?"

Ava laughed. It was full and husky but held amusement. "Honey, if they aren't married, you can still go after him. You just gotta help her accept it like Zan and I did."

"That's never gonna happen."

"Never say never. Cause one of the times that you do, it's gonna come back and bite you in the ass." Both girls laughed as they entered the backroom of the Crashdown.

"Come on up. We live upstairs."

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.