FanFic - Other
"One Night Forever"
Part 5
by Mslayer713
Disclaimer: I don't own the charcaters. If I did, Max and Liz, Michael and Maria, and Isabel and Alex would live happliy ever after in couple bliss!
Summary: I think you know it by now. One night is deciding the whole fate of the gang.
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: Feedback, please!! Just no downloads!! :>)
The world came crashing back down on his sleeping form, making him sit straight up, gasping for breath. The air around him was thick and heavy, making it hard to swallow. His brain was trying to process his surroundings, still reeling from the nightmare that had been playing only a few short seconds ago.

Max Evans looked at her silhouette in the moonlight and let out a shaky breath, noting that she was indeed alright. His dream reared it's ugly head again, and Max forced his emotions to calm down. Liz was alright; she was beside him.

After gaining the control back, he gazed over her form, taking in all of her curves hungrily. She was beside him, her face hidden under her hair. Max gently placed it behind her ear, searching her face to make sure he still wasn't dreaming.

If he was, the events of earlier were a fantasy, not a nightmare. Liz Parker still loved him. After all that happened, she was still right beside his side.

Max let his eyes flow down the rest of her body, taking in that all she was wearing was his shirt. His mind still couldn't believe that Liz Parker, even though she knew his true identity, made love with him.

Liz was willing to do anything for him; even lie to everyone she knew to keep him safe. The guilt of the whole situation finally hit Max, making him turn away from her face. Why should she have to do that? He should be protecting her, not the other way around.

Again, his dream exploded into his mind, making him want to rip the eyes out of anyone who ever came near his Liz. No one was ever gonna take her away from him--ever. She was gonna stay by his side, where he could protect her. After deciding that was the best route, he gazed up at the stars, noting how they were extra bright.

As soon as his eyes searched out the 'v' constellation, he could hear his own voice stating how they had to leave Roswell. The memory of this sent his emotions into over-drive again, even as going as far as making his whole body start to tremble. His breath was coming in little gasps as he thought about Liz, all alone with no one to protect her.

Anyone could get near her, which meant anyone could hurt her. Anger rose to the top of his list, and his powers started to hum, as if they were getting ready for battle. Max tried to take another breath to calm down, but it didn't help much. Just the thought of someone touching Liz was enough to make him want to badly hurt them.

And even himself. If Liz was ever harmed, could he live with himself? If there was something he could've done, but wasn't around to help... Max couldn't even let himself finish the thought.

He needed to calm down and think about other things, good things. He focused all of his energy and thoughts on the event of the night. Liz saying she loved him, that she wanted him, and them making love. Max could feel his anger slowly backing down, but his guilt was reaching for the stars.

How could he have done that?! He was an alien, and Liz was a human. She could be hurt badly now, and it would be his fault; 'cause he couldn't stay away. He shied away from her a little, lost in his own world of guilt. It wasn't until Max felt her arms coming around his waist that he registered she was awake.

"Max..." she called softly, trying to see his face.

He turned away, not even being able to look at her. His body was still shaking and his powers were bursting to get loose.

"What's wrong? Are you ok?" She asked, finally touching his face, making him look at her.

Max looked into her eyes and saw trust and love, something he thought no one would ever look at him with. He took a deep breath and finally let it all out. "I can't...this is all...How could I do this to you?"

Liz was taken back a moment, trying to process what he was saying. "Do this to me?" she repeated in a small voice.

"We don't know what's gonna happen after...what if it hurts you? I could've hurt you just because I couldn't keep my hormones in check," Max stumbled out, not being able to look at her. He heard Liz sniffle beside him and cursed himself in his head.

"Max...look at me." When he didn't she placed her hands back on his face. "Please?" As soon as his eyes feel on hers, her feelings of love were felt throughout his whole body.

"Max, I wanted this too. If anything, I pushed it more then you. How can you blame yourself for something this wonderful?" Liz asked, tears starting to form in her eyes.

Max's heart broke into two just watching the tears fall down her cheeks. He reached, and gently stroked her face, wiping them away. "I could never do that," he insisted in a small voice. "I just don't want you to get hurt...I couldn't live with myself if something happens to you after I leave."

Liz looked up into his eyes. "You leaving isn't gonna hurt me, cause I know we belong together. This is all gonna work out. The only thing that would hurt is for you to regret what we did." Max was once again hit with the notion of him not deserving this beautiful creature who loved him so much. "But what if--"

Liz placed her finger up to his lip, silencing his words. "I love you. Nothing is ever gonna to change that."

Max brought her onto his lap and kissed her deeply. As soon as their lips touched, all his feelings of fear, anger, and guilt vanished, being replaced with one single feeling of perfectness.

"I love you too," Max said, pulling away to rest their heads together. "I don't wanna leave," he finally said, choking back the words. Liz pulled him into a hug, rubbing the back of his neck.

He put his arms around her as tight as he could, trying to make them one. "All I can think is that I have to leave, but my heart and body are yelling at me to stay."

His power started to charge up again, and Max pulled away from Liz, in case he couldn't hold it back.

"Max, please don't turn on me...I couldn't take it," Liz admitted. "I don't want you to either, but you have to. Why can't we just enjoy the time we have left, spending it in each others arms."

Max stopped and listened to her speak. As soon as the words hit his ears, his whole body started to hum and he felt the need to be close to her. He pulled her against again, and laid down, bringing her to rest on his chest. He needed to feel her close to him; skin touching skin.

He felt her chest rising up and down, her breath on his neck and all of his weird burst's of power stopped; all of it stopped. He wasn't sure what was going on, but just the thought of leaving her was enough to make him fall apart at the seems.

***

Isabel had never ran so fast in her life. Her feet seemed to have a mind of there own, making her push herself to go faster and faster. The only thing that was penetrating her mind was the sound of her shoes pounding onto the pavement as she raced down the street, just following where the sidewalk was taking her.

She could feel the hot tears flowing down her face, almost drying before they even reached her chin. Her hair was flowing behind her, making it look as if she was flying.

The house loomed up ahead and she upped her pace even more. A soon as she had reached the front yard, Isabel stopped and nearly collapsed. Her thighs were cramping, her ankle felt like she had twisted on the last corner, and her heart was beating on double time.

Isabel held her side and rounded the house, determined not to give up. As she reached the back yard she stopped, just watching him. Alex's face was full of concentration and his brows were netted together, as if he was worried.

Isabel ran a hand through her hair and took a deep breath, trying to look normal. She nearly laughed at the inside joke, but all that came out was a sob. All these years of just 'acting' normal and to have it all blown by the one person who wanted you to alien.

Isabel even wanted it. The only thing she wanted was right in front of her. A nice house with a picket fence, a mom and dad asleep in the room down the hall, and nice guy to share it all with.

Isabel had it all; and was about to leave it behind. NO! She could feel her anger rising again and sent out a force of power, trying to vent some. Alex's baseball flew up into the air, soaring over to her. It hit the ground a few away and rolled until it hit the fence and bounced back. Alex looked at the ball and waited a beat, as if making sure it wasn't gonna roar up and bite him.

Isabel took a deep breath and came out from her spot, opening the door and entering the backyard. Alex stopped in his tracks to retrieve the ball, and watched her. She bent down to pick it, closed the distance between them and handed him the ball.

"Sorry...I needed to vent."

Her voice must have gave away some hints to her earlier outburst, because Alex just let the ball fall and engulfed her in a tight hug, running his hands through her tangled hair.

Isabel was one for control, but she couldn't stand it anymore. She wrapped her arms around him, laying her head on his shoulder and giving into her feelings of hopelessness. "It's all over."

"What's all over?" Alex asked in a soft, gentle voice.

Isabel took in a deep breath and told him everything. About Nasedo getting tortured, the information being handed straight to the Special Unit, Micahel and Max both saying they had to leave their home, their families, their friends.

"And then it was down to one last vote. And she voted against me...She's making me leave!" Isabel said, referring to Tess.

"Honey...she didn't vote against you, she did what she thought was right," Alex said softly.

Isabel gasped and reared back, looking up at him with bloodshot eyes. Her voice went from hopelessness to anger. "So what, you want me to leave too?!"

Alex's eyes got big and he tried to soothe her. "No, of course not," he replied quickly. "You should know that by now. I don't like to be even two feet away from you."

Isabel hung her head, feeling guilty about yelling at him. Here Alex was, trying to make her feel better, and what does she do? She takes all of her anger out on him. "Alex--"

"No need. I understand," he said, pulling her back into the hug.

Isabel smiled, realizing he did understand. He always understood her. That was why she loved him. Isabel pulled back suddenly and walked away a few feet. Oh my god, I love him! she thought.

"Izzy...are you ok?"

Isabel looked back at his face and saw concern, sadness, and love. She swallowed and took the plunge. "I love you."

Alex was speechless; and Isabel freaked, thinking she had went too far too fast. "I know it's sudden and out of the blue, but I do," she explained. "I feel like I've always known you, and you're my best friend. Please, don't be freaked--"

"Freaked?" Alex repeated. "I'm not freaked."

"But...you didn't reply--"

"Just 'cause I didn't reply doesn't mean I don't love you too. It just means I'm shocked that you actually love me," he explained.

Isabel smiled and walked back over to him. "So...you love me too?"

Alex's face got red as he beamed. "Yeah...ever since I saw you at the Crash Festival in the spandex suit."

Isabel laughed and rolled her eyes, wiping the tears away. Alex walked over and put his arm around her shoulder. "See, all you needed was to smile."

Isabel looked up at him and sighed. "But...I'm still leaving," she said softly.

Alex titled her head back and kissed her lips gently, letting his lips linger a beat, before pulling away. "I know, and I'm gonna miss you...but I don't want you to get hurt either. You need to do this..."

Isabel started to cry again. How could anyone be this understanding? "Here..." she pulled back and took off her pendant, looking at it a beat before reaching up and putting it around his neck. "Think about me when you wear it."

"I'll never take it off," he promised, sweetly kissing her forehead. He thought a beat then took her head. "Come here." He led her into the quiet house and up the steps, making sure not to close his bedroom door hard.

Isabel felt a flutter in her chest at just the idea of being alone with Alex in his bedroom. As he gently pushed past her, she watched with interest as he pulled a shoebox out from his bed and opened it.

"I want to give this to you," he said, handing over a picture of some sort.

Isabel took it and looked down. It was a pic of him, from around tenth grade. "Read the back," he said softly. She flipped it over and read the handwritten note.

"Dear Isabel, though we've never spoken, I feel like I can tell you anything. I've seen you around school, and feel a connection with you. I've never met anyone who's as beautiful on the outside as they are on the inside. You have such a good heart and soul, and I only wish I knew you better. Love, Alex"

By the time the was done, there were tears in her eyes once more.

"I wrote that before...all of this, but I chickened out and couldn't give it to you. It's all still true to this day."

Isabel was in awe and put her arms around his neck, kissing his cheek. "How is it I never noticed you earlier?"

"It's easy to look over me and all my geekness," Alex joked.

"No...it was easy to overlook my stupidity."

Part 4 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.