FanFic - Other
"One Night Forever"
Part 24
by Mslayer713
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Finally, the end!! It's actually kinda sad... ;<( I loved writing this story! Okay, Gotta say thanks to Heather, who totally helped me with this story :>) Brieanna, who's always there to lend a hand when needed, and Amanda, who will read this story if I gotta tie her down :>)
Liz cradled her journal to her chest as she walked down the sidewalk. The morning air was chilly and the sun was hidden behind thick clouds. Sighing with apprehension, Liz kept her pace to a steady walk. She knew what was laying ahead of her was gonna be hard and sad, but it had to be done.

Liz thought back to this morning. She'd woken up with the feeling of Max surrounding her tight. The feeling was so right it made her heart soar. She couldn't keep the tune of that song out of her head; it fit last night perfect!

As she walked around the next corner, Liz felt her pulse speed up as her destination came into view. Stopping to take a deep breath, she hugged her journal closer and stared at the house.

All morning, Liz had debated about how to tell Ms. Evans the truth about her son and daughter. She had thought back on how she found out, getting shot and brought back by Max himself, how Maria found out, told by Liz herself in a blunt fashion before running from the room screaming, Alex way was by jail as a way to keep Max from being taken, and lastly Kyle, who was also shot and healed by said alien.

Liz could only think of one way to let Ms. Evans truly understand her children's nature of origin; one way that did it where she couldn't help but still love them. Looking down at her journal, Liz placed her hand on it, tenderly running her fingers over the dark cover.

Pulled back to reality by a set of footsteps, Liz looked up to see Alex walking toward her. "Hey."

"Hey," Liz replied, walking over to him. As he opened his arms for a hug, she leaned in, sighing.

"How'd you break away?" he asked, giving her a small smile.

Liz rubbed a hand over her eyes and groaned. "I sorta didn't tell 'em where I was going." Her parents had practically slept outside her door last night. She had to climb down the fire escape.

"Liz," Alex warned.

"Alex, my mom is on a blame Max binge right now...she wouldn't understand."

Finally nodding, Alex hand her headed toward the Evans house. as they reached the front yard, Liz heard a car pull up and looked over her shoulder to see Maria's familiar little red jetta.

"Alex, wait," she whispered, walking toward the car as it pulled up to the curb.

Slowly, Maria got out, not making eye contact. "Hey," she said softly.

"Hey...wasn't expecting to see you here," Liz replied.

Maria nodded and added, "I'm not here to stop you."

"Good. 'Cause I talked to--"

"Max and Isabel last night, I know," Maria finished for her.

"How do you know?"

"Um..." Looking down at the ground, Maria kicked a rock. "I talked to Michael...last night too," she whispered.

"Maria..." Liz embraced her friend and heard Maria sigh.

"I just...I wanted to go with him so bad..."

"I know...I did too," Liz replied, pulling back some. "You're ok with this?"

Maria looked back up at the Evans house then back at Liz. "Yeah...if they want it then...it's up to them."

Liz smiled and looped her arm through Maria's, leading her back toward Alex.

"So...how are we doing this?" she asked.

Liz smiled down at her journal and said, "I'm gonna let her see how wonderful Max and Isabel are."

Alex placed his arm around Liz's shoulder and gave 'em a squeeze. "I think that's perfect."

Maria nodded in agreement and Liz sighed, looking up at the house. As the other two walked up onto the porch, Liz held back.

"I love you Max," she whispered before joining her friends.

THE END

Part 23 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.