FanFic - Other
"Once Upon A Time"
"The Lost One"
Part 6
by Jenna
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or anything having to do with it. But I do own my ideas and original characters. :-)
Summary: A new face appears in Roswell, someone no one knew about, and no one expected. She could give them the answers to all of their questions . .
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my first fanfic, so be nice. I would love to have feedback! Please e-mail me and tell me what you think.
Liz looked at her reflection in the mirror. Her cheeks were flooded with color and her mouth was parted in a smile. For the first time in a long time, she felt content and happy. Max knew about Kyle. He didn't know about the Future Max stuff, but there would be time for that. Whenever they got tired of holding each other and kissing, she would tell him. Max was free to be with whoever he wanted, and he wanted to be with her.

"I see you're a happy one this morning," Maria's voice cut through the air. Liz turned and saw her best friend standing in the doorway to her room. "Listen, everyone is downstairs for Part Two of the Alien Saga. I think you might wanna be down there."

Liz checked the mirror again. Her dark red polo shirt looked perfect against her skin. She couldn't wait to see Max again.

Liz and Maria pounded down the stairs to the Crashdown restaurant together, giggling with their arms linked. They pushed through the swinging doors. The scene was almost the same as the night before. The restaurant had been closed for repairs, so it was empty except for their group of friends.

Lauren was sitting comfortably on a table, wearing her baggy black pants and a purple half shirt. Her hair was up with a black visor circling her forehead. The rest of the group sat in chairs around her. Even Tess had shown up. Her eyes were a little red, but other than that, she looked fine.

Liz slid into a chair next to Max. He put an arm around her and she settled her head on his shoulder. Lauren waited for a moment and began to speak.

"I didn't get to finish everything that I wanted to say last night. I just wanted to clear some things up so nobody is confused." Lauren paused. "We are different people than our alien selves. I mean, sure, our essence or whatever was cloned, but that was our essence. But our personalities and our being and all that good shit are different. Because we're human. Or part human. Are you following me?"

There were nods all around the room. Lauren smiled, satisfied. "Good. That's what I meant as far as destiny is concerned. I know Tess was in complete shock when she found out about her marriage. That's the thing. None of you were riding on the fact that you were the same person as the one in your past life. Tess believed that it was the only life that mattered and the only one she knew. I have respect for her. She wanted to do the right thing."

"Even if she had to mind warp everyone around her to get her way," Liz broke in sarcastically. Tess' head snapped around and she glared at Liz.

"None of that!" Lauren said loudly and harshly. "That's petty and I don't care about it. Now, that's pretty much all I wanted to say."

"What about me?" Michael said quickly. "You didn't mention me."

Lauren smiled at Michael. "Sorry. You were . . .a great guy. A little rough around the edges. Max counted on you to be his friend. You were like brothers. You fought like crazy, though." She laughed. "Your loyalty meant so much to him, even in the end. You were smart and charming and funny."

Michael's lips turned up into a small grin. "Just like now, huh?"

There was laughter in the room, breaking some of the tension. Lauren continued. "Do you have any questions for me? I'd probably know the answer."

"What about you?" Isabel asked softly, chewing on the straw of her soda.

Lauren shrugged. "My name on the home planet was Raina. I was Zan and Lonnie's younger sister. Dave, or Rynan, was my twin brother. Usually, a couple on Antar was only allowed to have two children. But royalty could have as many as they wanted, to insure that someone would inherit the throne. So, our mother and father had four. All of us were really close."

"You really miss Dave, don't you?" Tess said. It was more of a statement than a question.

Lauren nodded her head. "He was my best friend. We were all the other had. When he died, I felt like a part of me had died."

Lauren slid through the window of the Evan's house. She carried a piece of paper as she crept through the hallway. Lauren read over what she had written for the tenth time as she walked.

Dear Max and Isabel,
Thank you for being my brother and sister. You're all I have left, you know. It shouldn't be a shocker that I'm leaving. For good, I mean. Roswell's too small for me. After spending most of my life in a compound, a tiny town just isn't cool. Don't worryeither. I'm tough. I'm an alien with super powers, remember? Anyway, Max, take it easy on Tess. Talk to Liz about why. And don't let Liz go! I think you were meant to be together. We determine our own destinies, right? And Isabel, my favorite word is different. Besides tight and dope, anyway. We are different from our past lives. Stay your beautiful self and everything will be fine. Keep an eye on Michael, we didn't get to bond or anything. He doesn't seem like the bonding type. So, remember that you aren't alone in the world. I love you very much. Who knows, maybe I'll see you again! I probably won't come back here. You'll just have to find me.
Lauren

Lauren had stopped outside Max's bedroom door. She sauntered in, placed the letter next to him, and pressed a kiss to his forehead. Her lips left a silver print. He would probably see it in the morning.

Lauren went across the hall and into Isabel's room. She covered up her sister and kissed her cheek as well, leaving prints there, too.

A moment later, she was outside, inside the Jeep. There were two more stops she had to make before she left.

Lauren slipped through the Valenti's front door and felt her way through the house. She could feel Tess' presence when she touched a door, so she went inside. Tess was asleep on a bed, with the nightlight still on above her head. Lauren turned it off and put a piece of paper next to Tess on the pillow. She didn't need to read it to know that it said exactly what she wanted it to.

Tess, keep your head high and a smile on your face. Max may not be yours, but I know you'll find someone better. After all, you are the Queen. And don't forget it.
Lauren

Lauren kissed Tess, leaving silver prints on her cheek, and slipped out the window.

Just as Lauren suspected, Liz's window was open. She could see Liz lying in bed, sleeping, with a peaceful smile on her pretty face. Lauren climbed into Liz's room and pulled the last sheet of paper from her pocket. This was the most important one.

Liz,
I'm leaving Roswell. I told you that I was a free spirit. I can't stay in one place too long. Even if it's where my brother and sister are. I feel some kind of closeness to you. I don't understand it, which is weird for me, since I understand everything. You and Max have a connection. I think that you are truly soulmates. Stay with him through everything, good and bad. He loves you so much, I think it hurts him. In the end, you will be together. Because it was meant to be that way. Stay honest to yourself. You are gorgeous inside and out. If I wasn't so crazy, I think I could have been your friend. Hell, I am your friend. If you need me, just talk to me. I'll always be here for you, even if I'm not really here.
Lauren

Lauren put the paper next to Liz and kissed her. The prints on her forehead shone eerily in the dark. Lauren went out the window.

As she drove down the highway, Lauren clutched the necklace around her neck and looked up at the stars. A smile stretched across her face as she sped off into the night.

Part 5 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.