FanFic - Other
"Of Angels and Aliens"
Part 11
by cameraman dc
Disclaimer: I don't own anything, it does not belong to me. I am in no way associated with the WB, Jason Katims, or Melinda Metz.
Summary: The Roswell group get a little help from above.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
EVANS RESIDENCE

Later that evening...

Isabel cried into her pillow as she laid curled in bed.

Grant is dead.

The man she could have loved was dead.

'I should have told him the truth about me,' she thought. 'We could have made it work.'

Isabel tried to imagine what a future with Grant, what her life would be like. Being a geologist took him everywhere, together they could have traveled the world. And she would never have to worry about destiny, evil aliens, or not being normal.

But now she would never get to be with Grant. Never make love to him, never have kids with him, and never live a normal life with him.

Everyone had tried to comfort her. Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Tess, even Kyle. But nothing they said could ease her pain. She knew their was only one person she could go to, someone who would comfort her without asking questions. Someone she knew would be there for her.

For the first time in days Isabel got out of bed and got dressed. She quickly exited her room and made her way out of her house trying to avoid Max and her mother. Isabel got in the jeep and headed in the direction of Alex's house.

She had never told Alex about Vilandra, and she never wanted to. She had hidden it from Max with the intention of one day actually telling him. Max had reacted badly when he found out, but ultimately he had forgiven her. But she couldn't bear to think of what Alex would think of her if he knew about Vilandra.

Isabel parked the jeep in front of Alex's house and walked to the front door. She hadn't talked to him in quite a while and she wasn't sure as to what she was actually going to say. After taking a minute to wipe away her tears and compose herself she knocked on the door.

After a moment Alex answered the door.

"Isabel? What's wrong?" Alex asked.

"Alex I need to talk to you," Isabel said walking past Alex into his house.

When she entered the livingroom she stopped when she saw Allison sitting on Alex's sofa. She felt her heart stop beating at that moment. Isabel glanced between Alex and Allison.

"Uhm," Alex started.

"I'm sorry I've come at a bad time," Isabel said quietly as she tried to make a hasty exit.

Isabel had made it to Alex's front porch before Alex grabbed her by the arm.

"Isabel whats wrong?" Alex asked looking into her eyes.

"I..I...uh...I..." Isabel tried to form words, but her mind was a mixture of pain and confusion.

"Alex? Is everything okay?" Allison called from inside the house.

"Uh, Yeah! Just give me a minute," Alex called back.

'A minute?' Isabel thought. Isabel didn't want a minute from Alex. She wanted Alex to hold her until this nightmare she called her life was over. She wanted him to tell her everything was going to be alright. Her eyes started to water.

Alex saw this and pulled Isabel into his arms holding her gently as she started to cry. He knew that Grant had meant alot to her, more than him in fact, and that right now she needed him to be there for her.

"Don't worry Isabel," Alex said as she continued sobbing. "Everything's going to be alright."

Alex held Isabel for a moment before she took a step back.

"Thank you," Isabel breathed as she backed away from Alex. "I've been under alot of stress lately, and I just needed someone at this moment."

"Are you going to be okay," Alex asked.

"Yes," Isabel replied. "You should go back inside, she's waiting for you. And again thank you."

"Hey, what are friends for?" Alex asked as he headed back into his house.

Isabel smiled weakly.

"After all your one my girls," Alex said an obvious reference to Liz and Maria.

Isabel stood on Alex's porch for a minute lost in thought before deciding to leave.

He had held her, had said the words, but this time they had no effect. The protective feeling was that usually came with them were gone.

Tears streamed down Isabels face as she walked away from Alex's house, but this time for a completely different reason.

Part 10 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.