FanFic - Other
"Nubian Girlfriend"
Part 1
by Jim Pennington
Disclaimer: I do not own the Roswell characters and I am using them without permission. Nevertheless, they are starting to feel like old friends.
Summary: The teen aliens are finding out more about themselves and their home planet. They may not like what they find. Some of you will think that my portrait of Max Evans is too grim. I'm sorry, but that is what the producers and writers have told us about the character. Perhaps in future episodes Max will triumph over his deep character flaws.
Category: Other
Rating: R
TO: sassytalk@sassydata.com
FROM: jvalin8745@aol.com

DWM, 5'10", 160 lbs, brown hair, blue eyes. I'm 38 and I've been divorced for ten years. I live in a small town in New Mexico with my teenage son and a foster daughter, also in her teens. I have a management career in law enforcement. I'm looking for a long-term relationship. OK, I know it's not cool to say it but here it is. I'd like to meet the right woman and get married. I'd like to meet someone 30 to 40, medium height, weight proportionate who would consider relocating. I have no racial or religious preferences. Did I mention I'm the lean, lanky cowboy type?

TO: jvalin8745@aol.com
FROM: nubiangirl@sassydata.com

Howdy, Cowpoke!
Your email is intriguing. I like a man who is honest about what he wants. I am a SBF, 30, 5'6", natural black hair, and brown eyes. I have never been married, but I'd like to try it. I'm working as a waitress in St. Louis so I would be free to relocate. Loved your photo. I'm sending one of me attached to this email. Hope to hear from you. Cindy

TO: nubiangirl@sassydata.com
FROM: jvalin8745@aol.com

Dear Cindy
Today I had the rare pleasure of releasing a felony suspect. It was that local teenager I told you about. It turned out the man he was supposed to have killed actually died in an atomic testing accident more than forty years ago. I may be a sheriff but I like it when someone turns out to be innocent. Most of them aren't. Reading your emails has become the highlight of my day. I would like to get together, but it is difficult for me to leave town for any length of time. Would it be possible for you to come to Roswell?

Jim

TO: jvalin8745@aol.com
FROM: nubiangirl@sassydata.com

Dear Jim
I got approval to take a week off between Christmas and New Years. I've never been out west before so I'm looking forward to it. Sorry to run but I'm sending this from work and we have a mob in here today. Talk to you soon.

Cindy

TO: nubiangirl@sassydata.com
FROM: jvalin8745@aol.com

Dear Cindy
I'm really looking forward to seeing you. I reserved a room for you at the Tumbleweed Motel. I've told my son Kyle and my foster daughter Tess about you and they're curious too. Let me know your travel plans and I'll pick you up when you arrive.

Jim

TO: jvalin8745@aol.com
FROM: nubiangirl@sassydata.com

Dear Jim
I'm packed and ready to leave within the hour. I'll be in Roswell the day after tomorrow. I'll call you from the bus station as soon as I arrive.

Cindy

Valenti parked his police SUV in front of the Greyhound Bus Station at 1100 N. Virginia and went into the building. It had a plain interior painted in light, institutional green with a ticket counter, waiting area, and some rental lockers along the back wall. It was the holiday travel season and the station was more crowded than usual. In additional to the civilians there were a few servicemen in uniform and two unwed-looking expectant mothers. In short it looked like thousands of small-town bus stations all across the country.

She was sitting in one of the waiting area chairs with her single suitcase on the floor beside her. He had seen her photograph but the picture did not do her justice. It had been poorly lit and her dark features failed to stand out. In the bright flourescent lighting of the bus station Valenti could see Cindy Talmadge was a beautiful woman.

"Cindy?"

"Jim." She stood up and gave him a hug. He picked up her suitcase.

"I have a car outside," he said.

Valenti escorted her to the SUV and put her bag in the back seat. He opened the passenger door for her and then got into the driver's seat and started the engine.

"Is this your first time in Roswell?"

"Yes. It's my first time in New Mexico. Have you lived here all your life?"

"I was born here," he said.

"Since you're the sheriff you must have an exciting life."

"It has its moments," he admitted.

"I grew up in St. Louis. There isn't much excitement in my life. I'm just a waitress."

"I'm glad you came," said Valenti.

"I'm happy to be here," she replied.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.