FanFic - Other
"Not One of a Kind"
Part 1
by AlienCheerlead
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell, blah, blah, blah...
Summary: More aliens crash land on Earth. The Pod Squad and friends find them, but are they evil, like the skins, or are they friendly, like the Pod Squad? Set after Destiny.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my first Roswell fanfic. I don't know much about the skins, only that they're evil aliens, because they haven't aired Season 2 over here yet, so please bear with me. The skins characters are different to those in the show. Feedback would be great.
The sun began to set over the small town of Roswell, New Mexico. People were walking around the town, into restaurants, the cinema and nightclubs. The Crashdown restaurant is packed with customers, and in their usual booth sat Max and Isabel Evans. They sat their eating their burgers and drinking Cherry Coke with their favourite condiment, Tabasco Sauce. They were waiting for Tess and Michael to arrive. Michael was cooking and Tess said she'd be late. Their meeting was based on another so-called UFO sighting.

"Max, it wouldn't be another UFO," Isabel said to her brother, "Half the people here are crazy. They came up with some lame story for the tabloids. Don't believe it, it's all a load of bull."

"Then, can you explain that bright light that occurred during lunch?" Max asked Isabel warily.

"It was a flash of lightning from that freak desert storm. We saw it because we live in the desert Max. It was lightning, not a UFO. You worry too much, brother dear," Isabel replied, a smile playing on her lips. Max shook his head, disbelieving her excuse.

"Okay, then if it was a lightning bolt, explain why you, Michael, Tess and I all experienced the same sharp stab of pain at the same time? And don't tell me it was cramps! Michael and I don't get menstrual cramps, we're guys!" Max retorted. Isabel sat there for a moment, staring at Max. she had forgotten about the pain she and others had experienced. At first she thought it was cramps, but then she thought about the fact that all four felt the same guttering pain at the same time.

"Max," she said, the colour draining from her face, "You don't think-" she was cut off in mid-sentence when the door of the Crashdown banged open and Sheriff Valenti walked in and strode purposely towards Isabel and Max.

"I need to talk to you two, privately," Valenti said and walked to the back room with Max and Isabel following him. The other customers stared after them for a few minutes, then resumed their normal actions. Liz Parker, Maria DeLuca ans Alex Whitman who were at the counter the entire time watched as they walked away to talk privately.

"What do you think he's gonna talk to them about?" Maria asked the other two.

"He's gonna tell them about that freak flash from lunch," a familiar voice whispered behind them. They all spun around and found Kyle standing there looking very serious.

"Kyle, what's wrong?" Liz asked, looking very worried.

"Well, I stopped by the house before heading out to football practice and I overheard Dad talking to some proffessional on the phone about the flash. I thought it was gonna rain and I didn't pay much attention to him, but after practice, he sat me down and told me, while I was out, he went to look around for evidence and he said he found bits of metal scattered in the desert and he found, well, other Max and Isabel's," Kyle answered in a hushed tone.

"What do you mean other Max and Isabel's?" another hushed voice asked from behind. They all turned to face the speaker and found it was Tess.

"As in others of your kind, Tess," Kyle replied.

"Where's Max and Isabel? They have a right to know about this. Where are they? I was supposed to meet them here. Where are they?" Tess asked, looking worried and searching frantically around the diners.

"Dad's got them in the back room. He's explaining what he saw to them now," Kyle said, trying to calm Tess down. A second after he said that, the back door opened and Max, Isabel and Michael, who must've have joined them from the kitchen, came walking out with Valenti behind them. Isabel's face, which a minute ago was full of colour and vibrant, looked ghastly pale and her lips were trembling, while Max and Michael had the same pinched look on their faces.

"Tess! There's something we have to tell you," Max said, when he caught sight of her.

"I know. Kyle told me, I mean us, everything," Tess informed him.

"Tess, what do you mean by 'us'?" Alex asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You four and the Sheriff are part of our secret. It wouldn't be fair just to let you hanging after all that you've done for us since y'all found out," Tess said, noting the eight strange looks coming her way. "What?!? Have I got food on my face or something?"

"No, it's just, well, we thought you four would want to go by yourselves and explore or something," Liz replied.

"No way. Not after what we've all been through," Tess said, decisively shaking her head.

"Well, then I say, we should all go out and see for ourselves the crash," Max said to the group. They all agreed and waited as Maria and Liz got the other waitresses to cover for them and as Michael got another cook in the kitchen. They all split up, Max, Michael and Isabel in the Jeep, Maria, Liz and Alex in the Jetta and Kyle, Valenti and Tess in the Sheriff's car. They agreed to meet at the base of the rocks which houses the Pod Chamber, and took off in seperate ways to ward off anyone who would follow them.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.