FanFic - Other
"No Guarantees "
Part 4
by aliensqueeze
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Michael took off running. "You fucking bastard!" he yelled as he slammed into Kyle, throwing him to the ground.

"Michael!" Isabel and Maria cried out at the same time. They ran to where Michael sat, steadily pounding into Kyle. It took them and Max to pull him off.

"I'll kill you!" Michael yelled. "I'm going to rip your heart out and stuff it down your throat!" Michael struggled against his friends to break free.

"That's a nice way to treat someone who's trying to help save your ass, don't you think!"

Liz stepped forward. "What in the hell is going on, Kyle?"

Kyle pushed himself up off the ground, dusted off his jeans, and wiped away a trickle of blood from his lip. "Your hotshot friend Guerin over there left some evidence at the fight scene a few days ago. The two guys roughed him up pretty good, if you remember. He had those cuts on his knuckles which were convenient enough for dad to manage to get a blood sample on his shirt trying to hold him back. He had it analyzed at the lab. Definately not human, but I'm sure you all know that."

"How did you find out?" asked Alex.

"You think you're the only computer genius?" said Kyle. "Nothing fancy. Dad left his computer running and I happened to find his password not long ago. He has files on all of you dating back to the day Liz got shot. All of his suspicions and research are in there."

"So what is this, Kyle? Blackmail?" asked Max, stepping up to him. Kyle raised his hands in defense. "I'm not here to fight, Evans. Just passing on the information."

"That's it?" asked Isabel, a hint of uncertainty in her voice.

Kyle nodded. "That's it, no blackmail. This is just a head's up."

"What's in it for you?" asked Michael.

Kyle looked down at his feet then back to the group. "I have my reasons. Peace of mind, is one. Liz is the other. Now that we're working our way back to a friendship I don't want you all hauled off and live knowing I could have done something," he turned to Max. "You make her happy, Evans. I did this for Liz, so don't flatter yourself."

Max nodded, a silent understanding being reached between the two. "What's your plan?"

Kyle stepped up and pulled out a map. "There's a deserted cave two miles from here I found when I was twelve. Das knows nothing about it. I figure you can hole up there until things settle down a bit to get you across the border to Mexico. We can relay food and water to you at night..."

"Or not," said a voice. Sheriff Valenti stepped out from the side of the factory, gun pointed at the group. "That won't be necessary, Kyle. They'll all be coming with me."

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.