FanFic - Other
"Nih-Hi-Cho"
Part 1
by Syndee
Disclaimer: The characters belong to The WB.
Summary: A secret society is formed when an Ancestral Pueblo Shaman prophesizes the coming to earth, in human form, of a being who along with his human mate with save the earth from annihilation.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Prerequisites in order: "Treasures Found," (CD After-hrs,) "Tess to TESS," "Reflections," "The Baby Nexus," "Crab Nebula in Taurus," "Purple Passion,"(CD After-hrs,) and "Descendants-the Liz/Max Connection."
"Michael, the man in the picture can't be River Dog." Liz has removed the photo from its frame and points to the date printed on the bottom. "River Dog was just a boy in 1959."

The Human/Alien alliance, minus the Sheriff, has gathered in the large kitchen of the lake house after Michael and Maria's discovery of the photograph. They are so engrossed in this recent discovery that they don't hear Jeff Parker enter the room from the pantry.

"I haven't seen that picture in years." Jeff Parker reaches around his daughter and she relinquishes the picture to him while everyone else just stares at the unexpected appearance of their host.

"Hmm Dad, I didn't know you were in here." Liz stammers as she looks to her friends wondering what all he heard.

"I was just putting some things away." He nostalgically looks at the picture. "By the way, how do you guys know River Dog?"

"Hmm, We met him through a friend who lives on the reservation," Michaels offers as an explanation. "Do you know River Dog, Mr. Parker?

"Yea, but this isn't him." Jeff Parker nods toward the photo in his hand before he hands it back to Liz. "The man in the picture is his father, Great Moon."

Jeff Parker heads toward the door and everyone looks to Liz to prompt her, with their eyes, to pursue the issue.

"Dad," Liz jumps off of the stool that she had been sitting and follows her dad to the back door. "Were Grandma and Grandpa friends of Great Moon?"

"Honey, you must have heard this story a thousand times. You remember. Your grandfather and Great Moon were in the Pacific together during World War II." Jeff Parker arches a brow trying to jog his daughter's memory.

"Great Moon was a Navaho Code Talker and he and your grandfather became fast friends and remained friends after the war." Jeff looks to his daughter and then around the room at the attentive faces of her friends. "You guys couldn't possibly be interested in war stories of my father's?"

Max is the first to respond, "Sure we are, Mr. Parker."

"Yeah Mr. Parker, your father was best buds with a legendary Navaho Code Talker. That's like way deep." Alex asserts.

Jeff Parker hesitates for just a moment before agreeing to tell a captive audience about his father and the Navaho Code Talker. "I need to get something from the study and I'll be right back."

"Liz, do you think this may mean something?" Sondra whispers.

"This is way too coincidental for it not to mean something." Michael interjects as he leans on the counter and nervously plays with the alien themed salt- and peppershakers.

Isabel walks over to Maria, stares at something in her hair before removing a silvery object from her short locks.

"Are you making a fashion statement DeLuca?" Isabel smirks as she holds the empty condom wrapper between two fingers and dangles it in front of Maria.

Maria grabs the foil evidence of her and Michael's unconsummated tryst in the boathouse. "Thanks for nothing Isabel, and by the way, your skirt is inside out."

Isabel blushes and looks down at the telltale seams of her wrap around skirt, which is very obviously on the wrong side.

Alex rushes over to Isabel to shield her from the others as he ushers her through the swinging door to the dining room. They return almost immediately with the problem corrected.

"Did I miss something?" Kyle arches a brow and looks to the others for an answer.

"Shh, I'll tell you later." Teresa nudges him and nods towards the door where Jeff Parker has just emerged carrying a large dusty scrapbook, which he drops on the counter with a loud thump. Jeff Parker pours himself a cup of coffee before joining the circle of friends gathered around the butcher-block island in the center of the large kitchen.

"In order for you to truly understand the binding friendship that my father enjoyed with Great Moon, you would first need to know a little of my family history."

His voice gets real low and he gestures for everyone to gather close. "Keep in mind that there is no written record of the events that I'm about to tell you and that the oral retelling of this tale may have been embellished throughout the years but the gist remains the same. My family has been in constant contact with an alien race from an unknown planet for close to a thousand years."

The room is suddenly quiet, filled with wide eyes and dropped jaws. The young listeners look to each other and back to Jeff Parker whose face reflects a seriousness that they have never seen in the easygoing father of their friend and owner of their favorite hangout.

"What I'm about to tell you can never leave this room." Jeff Parker anxiously looks toward the door assuring that they were still alone. "It's a family secret that has been passed down for centuries."

"Daddy, don't be so dramatic." Liz waves her hand in a gesture to try and convince him that no one was taking him seriously. But, in reality everyone in the room was on the edge of their seats and holding his or her breath in anticipation of the storyteller's next words.

Liz's eyes narrow as she looks from her father to the anxious faces of Max and the rest of the group. She shrugs her shoulders to the silent question in her friends' eyes and she too gathers closer for the unfolding of the big family secret.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.