FanFic - Other
"Love Takes Time"
"Heard Your Prayers"
Part 7
by Mellissa
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: Liz POV
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Author's note: I know, on the show, they're sophomore. Sorry, but that's not going to work. Do they look like sophomores? I am one, and I don't agree. So, they're juniors.
We were eating lunch in the quad. It was just me and Tess. Liz and Alex were at the library, working on a math project; Isabel was at a lunch cheerleading practice; Michael and Maria weren't in school.

So, there we were, having lunch and talking. I don't know why the others don't like her. Tess is a really great girl.

"You're never around anymore," she complains. I look up, considering my response. Somehow, I know the truth isn't going work. How would I word it?

'Sorry, but my sort of ex-girlfriend who I'm still in love with and I are researching how to deliver our best friend's baby. By the way, did you know it's a half-alien baby?'

Nope, not gonna fly.

"Sorry. Just a lot of end of the year stuff. You know. Making sure courses are right for the senior year. "

She seems to buy the explanation. Sometimes, I wish I could tell her the truth.

* * *

"Hey, Max," Liz says, meeting me at the Jeep after school. It seems the six of us do everything together now. We almost have to, because we're the only ones who know the truth.

"Hey, Liz. Where's Izzy and Alex?" I ask, not looking at her. I've learned that if I don't look her in the eyes, it doesn't hurt as much.

"They said they'll be a little late, but they won't be long."

Silence falls between us. It's like this often. Ever since she made the shocking announcement that she didn't love me anymore, things have been strained.

"So, any word on why they weren't in?" Liz asks, looking away from me. It seems she's discovered it too.

"Um, yeah. I called Michael during lunch. Maria didn't feel well, so he stayed with her."

Listen girl, I don't know where to start
Cause every word I say is straight from the heart
I've been so wrong, I've never meant to hurt you
Oh girl, I'm sorry of what I put you through
Girl I'd do anything for one more chance,
Cause I want you back again

"She okay?" Liz asks, quickly.

"Yeah." I pause. "I wish we knew more about what was going to happen."

"Yeah, me too," she agrees in a soft voice.

Cause everytime I close my eyes, I see your face and I wonder
When you close your eyes do you think about me?
Now I realize and I want you girl and no other
And everytime I close my eyes
You're all that I see.

"Max," she says suddenly. She's rounded the car, and is right in front of me. So close...I could reach out...

"Max!" she says again. Apparently, I've been lost in my thoughts, and haven't answered.

"Sorry, what?" I ask.

"What were you thinking about?" she asks curiously, her idea forgotten momentarily.

I certainly can't tell her I was thinking of how much I wanted to kiss her...how much I still loved her. I can't tell her that I have this feeling we're not done with each yet. We've been through way too much for it be over that easily.

You and I we shared enough together
Each other was all we'd ever need
I thought that you would stay with me forever
But I took for granted the love you gave to me
But I'll keep on trying, till the end
Baby I need you back with me
I need you back,

"Nothing," I answer finally. I know she doesn't believe me, but she lets the matter drop. She returns to her original thought.

"Max, what if River Dog can help Maria?" she says, her eyes lit up in excitement. They're so brown...so caramel....

"Max!"

I shake my head. I've really got to stop doing this.

"Sorry. That's a great idea," I say. It is really. I don't know no one else has thought of it.

And girl I'm going out of my mind
I miss ya so much, I don't know what to do
Please say its just a matter of time,
Until I feel your touch,
Until you let me come back to you

"When Izzy and Alex get here, we'll drop them off and head to the reservation," Liz suggests. She wants to spend time with me...? Alone?

I've really got to stop doing this to myself.

* * *

"Let me know what you find out," Alex says as I drop him off. We've already dropped Isabel off at Michael's apartment. She wants to check on Maria.

"Sure thing," Liz responds. And, then we're driving to the Mesaliko Reservation. It feels so good to be alone with her again. Whenever we're like this, it feels so much like old times...like I could pull the car over, and kiss her, just like I used to.

But it's not like old times. Because Liz isn't in love with me anymore. It's really driving me insane.

I think about you girl everytime at night
I'm in love, and it feels so right
I never meant to hurt you or cause you pain
I was just caught up in the lying game
But now those days are over, I've changed my ways
Now I'm counting the minutes, I'm counting the days
Until you let me come back,
Until you let me start
To find a new way to get back into your heart.

"Max, I need to tell you something." My heart leaps at this. Could it be?

Like I said, I need to stop doing this.

"What?" I ask, forcing a casual tone into my voice. Liz takes a deep breath.

"Don't think anything of it, but this has been driving me crazy. I think..." she pauses, "that I still have feelings for you."

I just am able to keep the car on the road. I pull the car over to the shoulder real quick.

"What ... what kind of feelings?" I ask, my heart pounding.

"Nothing like I used to have. I'm not in love with you, or anything. I just...all of sudden, I really am starting to care about you again," Liz replies. Her voice is low and embarrassed.

"Liz, it'd be different this time," I begin, but she's quick to dash my hopes.

"It doesn't change anything, Max. I mean, let's just wait and see how this thing with Maria turns," Liz suggests. Without any further conversation, I pull the car back out onto the road.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.