FanFic - Other
"Love Takes Time"
"Nobody Hurt You"
Part 3
by Mellissa
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: Isabel POV
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Until a few days ago, my brother had been sitting in his room, being miserable. He wouldn't talk to anyone, or come out. And, Heaven forbid you mention the name Liz Parker.

But, that's changed. Since Tess Louison had moved to Roswell, Max had begun acting like he had when Liz still loved him. Truthfully, though I was glad to have my brother back, this worried me.

I was almost craving for his misery to come back. But, then I remembered the look on his face when he came from the Crashdown that night....

Oh, why you look so sad? The tears are in your eyes Come on and come to me now But don't, be ashamed to cry, let me see you through 'Cause I've been in the dark side to When the night falls on you, and you don't know what to do Nothing you confess, could make me love you less

I was so furious with Liz at first. How dare she break Max's heart? Crush it into smithereens.

But eventually, I chilled out. I considered her side in this. After all, since the day he saved her, Max had pushed the girl away. It was only a matter of time.

I'll stand by you, I'll stand by you Won't let nobody hurt you, I'll stand by you

So, if you're mad, get mad, don't hold it all inside Come on and talk to me now Hey, what you got to hide? I get angry too Well, I'm a lot like you When you're standing At the crossroads, but don't know, which path to choose Let me come alone, 'cause even if you're wrong

I told Liz I'd be there for her if she needed me. It was a big step for me. I don't make friends easily. I don't open up easily either. But, Alex.... Alex is helping me. Like when I'm cold or uncaring, he tells me. I don't realize it sometimes because it's like a second skin to me.

Liz told me that she appreciated it, but that she was just fine. And the funny thing? I believed her. She looked fine. Happy, even. She looked like she had before the shooting, when her life made sense. I envied her that security.

Tess changed Max. I don't know how she did because Max isn't a very open person. It took him ten years to get through to Liz, after all. But Max laughs more now. He's weird around Tess. Almost like he used to be around Liz.

I asked Liz what she thought about it. She didn't want to talk about it, but I pressed her. I wanted to know if I was the only one that noticed this. She just said she's glad Max found someone new. She said that despite their problems, Max was a good guy and deserved the best.

I agree with her. And not because he's my brother, and siblings stick up for each other. But I agree because she's right. Max is a great guy and he does deserve the absolute best. I used to think that was Liz, but I was wrong.

Take me in to, your darkness hour And I'll never desert you, I'll stand by you

And when, when the night falls on you, baby You're feeling all alone, you won't be on your own

But Tess worries me. I don't know why, but I can't say anything to Max because he's happy. And, worry or not, I hate make him unhappy. Because, like Liz said, Max's a good guy, generally. And nobody, including myself, is allowed to hurt him.

Because siblings stick up for each other. Max is my brother, and I want him to be happy. I'll just wait until I have something more than just a feeling when I confront him about Tess.

After all, isn't that what sisters are for?

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.