FanFic - Other
"Love Takes Time"
"Night has Come"
Part 14
by Mellissa
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: Max POV
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
I walk down the corridor the hospital towards Maria's room. I realize that if this doesn't work, she will most likely die.

No one wants that. Maria's become part of our family. And, if our powers are of no use to her, we might as well not have them.

I don't know how I'm supposed to heal her. She has no wounds. No injuries. How do you go about healing someone like that?

I'm not even sure it should be me. I mean, Michael should be the one. Michael's her ... her ... well, it just should be him.

"Michael?" I ask, entering the room. He's there. No surprise. The only time he left the hospital for any length of time was Alexander's funeral.

"Hey, Max," he replies. His eyes don't meet mine. He's been clutching her pale hand for the past week. God, if it were Liz...

"Michael, we've waited long enough," I say simply. He looks up.

"Is it safe?" he asks. I'm not sure what he means. Is it safe to do it here? Or is it safe for her? Either way, I'm sure it is.

"Yeah. Do you want to be the one to do it?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"I want to, but my powers...well, I don't want to take any chances," he replies. I nod, understanding. Makes sense to me.

"Okay. How should I do this? I mean, she doesn't have any injuries..."

"Maybe dreamwalking," Isabel says. I turn around. I didn't even notice her come in.

"I'm not really good at it," I reply. Isabel shrugs.

"I'm not going to. Max, it's actually easier with her right here. Just like lay beside her, and fall asleep," Isabel replies. I glance at Michael. I don't think this will go over well with him.

But he just nods. I take a deep breath. I stretch out beside her still form, and close my eyes.

---

When I open my eyes, the scene is familiar. It's Michael's apartment. Maria's sitting on the couch. She's all alone.

"Maria?" I ask. She looks up and rolls her eyes.

"Dreamwalking right? I thought only Isabel could do that," she says.

"How did you know?" I reply.

"No offense, Max, but I'd probably *never* dream about you," Maria replies.

"Point taken. So, I'm here to ask if you know you're in a coma," I say. No sense in wasting time.

"Coma? What? Why?" she asks, standing. She's alarmed. When she stands, I can see that in here, she's still pregnant. She doesn't realize she's given birth, I realize.

"Maria, you gave birth about a week ago. You fell into a coma not long after. You're in the hospital, and everyone's worried," I tell her.

"Everyone?" she questions. Whether she means Michael, or her mother, I don't know.

"Michael hasn't left your side once," I reply. She cracks a small smile.

"The baby...is it normal?" she asks. I'm not going to tell her about Alexander. Only Emily. Because the news might hurt worse.

"Yeah, she looks completely normal. Um, Liz told Michael you wanted the name to be-"

"Emily Isabel," Maria cuts me off. "Emily was my grandmother's name. And Isabel's been really there for me throughout this."

"Yeah. So, um, you ready to wake up?" I ask. She nods.

"I want to. How do I do it?" she asks. I shrug.

"Pinch yourself or something. I don't know. Isabel's much better at this than me," I reply.

"Great. So, why not send Isabel?" Maria asks. It's nice to know she hasn't changed.

"I'm sorry I'm not good enough," I reply.

"Oh, Max, I'm sorry. It's just...you know," she replies. I do know. I'm not really mad at her or anything either.

"So, just try the pinching thing, okay?" I ask. The dream starts to fade. Not having done this regularly, I don't know who's leaving. Me or her. I really hope it's her.

---

I wake up and I'm back at the hospital. Michael and Isabel are looking at me expectantly.

"It's up to her now," I reply, getting off the bed.

"What happened?" Michael asked.

"She didn't remember having the twins. So, I told her about Emily. I didn't mention Alexander. That should probably come later. From you, Michael," I tell him.

"Assuming she wants to see me," he mutters.

"Guys! Her eyes! They're flickering!" Isabel cries.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 15
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.