FanFic - Other
"Letting Go"
Part 34
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Max has come to terms with the relationship he and Maria share. Tess reveals some startling news the pod squad of something she uncovered in the compound while being held prisoner. The group is in their senior year of high school, but major changes lay ahead. When a call goes out to Nasedo offering a chance for the aliens to return home, they have to choose between what their mind and their heart says. Faced with the possibility of never seeing the humans again, the aliens must make a choice. Will they make the right one?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You must have read "Secrets" and "The Journey" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see the Other category on Crashdown.Com if you need either of the fictions.
Max carried Jacey over to the crib in Liz's bedroom and laid her down. It was the first time he'd put her down since he'd found out she was his. He would have never imagined she would make him feel what he was feeling. It was a joy that he couldn't describe. He walked over to Liz and pulled her close.

"God I missed you." He said, kissing her lips gently.

"I missed you too." She said.

"What did your parents say about Jacey?" He asked, sitting down on her bed. "Were they mad?"

Liz sat down beside him. "They weren't happy, but once they saw Jacey their hearts melted. They help me out a lot. I think they think she's Alex's. You had been gone for so long I think they forgot that we were even a couple. I never told them one-way or another who her father was. They kind of accepted that. I moved into the cave with Alex after I told them I was pregnant. They insisted I didn't have to go, but I told them I had a place to stay. I still used my room off and on. Many nights, even after Jacey was born I'd spend the night at the cave, hoping and praying you would return to me. I did finally move back home though. Jacey was too little to be sleeping there. She needed a roof over her head."

"I'm sorry I wasn't here for you." Max said, sadly. "It wasn't intentional you know."

"I know. I kind of suspected I was pregnant before you left." Liz admitted shyly.

"What?" Max asked. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't go. You would have stayed here with me and I would have felt bad. Everyone else got to go back to your planet except you because I was tying you down. Eventually it could have led you to start resenting me. I mean, what if they'd have went back without you and had a great time. You'd have missed out on that. I couldn't be the cause of you staying here. It just wasn't right. You had to go."

"But Liz." Max started.

"We're together now, that's all that matters to me." Liz interrupted. "I wish you could have been there with me and when Jacey was born, but I didn't go through it alone. I had Alex."

Max looked up. "It should have been me." He said.

"There will be other times." She said, touching his arm. "I hope anyway."

Max smiled. "Yes there will definitely be more." He pulled her close. "I don't want to be away from you." He said.

"What are you suggesting?" She asked, smiling slightly.

"You, Jacey and I should move in together. Our next big step in life." Max said.

"Where are we going to move to? The cave? The museum doesn't pay that well you know." Liz laughed.

"I figured I'd stay home with Jacey while you worked." He said smiling. "You really like her don't you." Liz said, becoming teary eyed.

Max stood up and walked over to the crib. He looked down at his daughter, sleeping peacefully. He was the happiest he'd been in a long time. He had a daughter and he had Liz. There was nothing else in the world he could ask for. For the first time since he'd found out he was an alien, he felt human.

"We need to get to the Crashdown." Max said, picking up Jacey out of the crib and kissing her forehead. "I'll carry her."

Liz grinned. She had a feeling that her days of holding Jacey had ended. Max had connected to her from the moment he held her. Liz was happy. She had their daughter and she had Max. Her life couldn't be any better. She reached up and kissed Max gently on the lips. "Welcome home." She said.

"This is truly home." Max commented, pulling her close. And it was, standing there in Liz's bedroom with Jacey between them, for once, Max knew exactly where home was.

Part 33 | Index | Part 35
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.