FanFic - Other
"Letting Go"
Part 25
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Max has come to terms with the relationship he and Maria share. Tess reveals some startling news the pod squad of something she uncovered in the compound while being held prisoner. The group is in their senior year of high school, but major changes lay ahead. When a call goes out to Nasedo offering a chance for the aliens to return home, they have to choose between what their mind and their heart says. Faced with the possibility of never seeing the humans again, the aliens must make a choice. Will they make the right one?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You must have read "Secrets" and "The Journey" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see the Other category on Crashdown.Com if you need either of the fictions.
Michael sat up in bed. What the hell happened? One minute he was flying around, talking to Isabel and Maria and the next thing he knew a giant hawk had lifted him up into the sky. When he woke up, he instantly felt a chill run down his spine. The eyes of the hawk were so familiar, like he'd seen them before. He strained his memory to try and call up where he'd seen them. Suddenly he remembered. They were the same eyes that had stared at him when he kissed Maria. It was her father. But why didn't he want Michael to be with Maria. Michael shuddered. Things were getting way too weird. He glanced across the room. Tess was sound asleep. He studied her features. Why hadn't he realized that she was his sister? Probably the fact that she had just turned up. Even now, Michael could begin to see some of the resemblance they shared. He thought back to when his mother had said Tess was her daughter. She had been so overjoyed that even Tess was afraid to get near her. It took a lot of pictures and convincing to prove to both Michael and Tess they were brother and sister. In a sense, Michael was happy. He finally had family. Someone who desperately wanted to return to earth just like he did. He knew if they had the chance to get off of the planet that Tess would go back. He' d always have a sister on earth. That still left the question of where his brother was. What exactly was a quest anyway? He didn't really care. He didn 't think he'd ever get the chance to meet his brother. He was ready to get out of there. His mind drifted back the dream. Maria, Isabel and Max knew the truth. Maybe not the whole truth, but they knew they weren't going to be allowed to return to earth. He got up out of the bed and walked over to Tess.

"Hey." He said, nudging her gently. "Get up."

Tess rolled over and her eyelids fluttered. "What?"

"I said get up." Michael said in a strained voice. "We've got to go see the others."

Tess set up and looked at Michael. "Are we going to tell them?" She asked. Then shyly looked away. "About us, I mean?"

"Someday," He began. "but right now the most important thing is to decide how we're going to get off this planet. It's going to take all five of us to do it."

Tess knew Michael was right. She stood up. "Let's go then."

They quietly sneaked through the house. No one seemed to be up. They made their way outside and into the beautiful darkness. They slowly made their way to Max's home. Every once in a while Michael stopped, he felt as though he was being watched. He never saw anyone. Finally they reached the gate to his home. He reached to unlatch the gate but someone grabbed his wrist.

"What are you doing here?" Said the man.

Michael recognized him right away. It was Max's brother, Ian. "Let go of me." He demanded.

Ian promptly released Michael's wrist. "Forgive me." He said. "I did not mean to cause any harm."

Michael retracted his wrist and rubbed it. He wondered what if felt like when he was trying to do harm! "We want to see Max, Isabel and Maria." He said, not taking his eyes off Ian.

"I can't disturb them. They're asleep." Ian said.

Was that a slight grin on his face? Michael wasn't sure. "It's important." Michael took a step forward and placed his hand on the gate again.

This time, Ian wasn't as nice. He pushed Michael firmly backwards, causing him to stumble into Tess. "I said no."

Michael was furious. No one pushed him. He got up into Ian's face. "I want to see Maria NOW." He said angrily.

A smile spread across Ian's face. "Maria, Max and Isabel are happy here. They've asked not to see either of you anymore. They are with their family and no longer need you. Do not come around here anymore. If you do, I will be forced to take care of both of you."

Michael slammed both fists against the gate. He couldn't do this! "Let me through!" He demanded.

Tess reached over and touched him gently on the shoulder. "Michael, let's go. Don't do something stupid."

He turned to Tess. "I'll knock him out. There is no way they don't want us here."

"We'll try again later." She said, pleading with him.

Michael noticed the tears in her eyes. It was obvious that they weren't going to be allowed anywhere near Max, Maria or Isabel. He pulled her close and hugged her. He turned back to Ian. "I'll be back. You can bet on that." With that, he and Tess left.

Ian watched as Michael and Tess departed. A smile crossed his face. They were so oblivious to what was going on. He would be ready the next time Michael came and he'd be sure it was his last.

Part 24 | Index | Part 26
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.