FanFic - Other
"Letting Go"
Part 11
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Max has come to terms with the relationship he and Maria share. Tess reveals some startling news the pod squad of something she uncovered in the compound while being held prisoner. The group is in their senior year of high school, but major changes lay ahead. When a call goes out to Nasedo offering a chance for the aliens to return home, they have to choose between what their mind and their heart says. Faced with the possibility of never seeing the humans again, the aliens must make a choice. Will they make the right one?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: You must have read "Secrets" and "The Journey" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see the Other category on Crashdown.Com if you need either of the fictions.
"I can't hear you!" Michael screamed. "Music's too loud!"

Maria grabbed his hand and pulled him as far away from the band as possible. "I said, I'm ready to go. It's too loud and crowded here."

Michael smiled. He'd been miserable since they'd gotten to the prom, but had suffered through it just for Maria. "Let's get out of here then." He said.

"Let me tell Iz, we're taking off." Maria said. She danced her way through the crowd looking for Isabel.

"Hey Chica, How's it going?" Maria asked, dancing next to Isabel.

"Great!" She said, smiling. "I'm having a great time. You?"

"Bored!" She yelled. "Listen, Michael and I are going to get out of here. He's miserable and I'm just ready to go."

A faint, evil grin spread across Isabel's face. "Keep telling yourself that and you'll eventually believe it!" She said. She twirled around as the music played. When she was facing Maria again she laughed. "See ya!" She yelled. "Call me. Later. With details!"

Maria laughed. "Have fun!" She left Isabel dancing by herself and went to find Michael.

He was standing by the doorway waiting on her. "Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah," She said. "I told Isabel we were leaving that way they don't look for us."

"I see." He said, taking her hand. "Where should we go from here?" He asked with a gleam in his eye.

"Your house." She said, smiling. "I've got plans for us, spaceboy."

Michael smiled. "Yes ma'am." He said. He pulled her close and kissed her.

They walked hand-in-hand to Maria's Jetta. Michael couldn't believe how much he let Maria inside him. It wasn't in his stonewall nature, but Maria caused all his defenses to go down. The drive back to his apartment seemed to take forever. He couldn't wait to feel Maria in his arms.

"We're here." He announced, pulling to a stop.

Maria smiled at him. She was so looking forward to what she had planned.

Michael opened the door and Maria followed him in. "I have to check the machine and then I'm yours." He said, kissing her gently. And he meant it. Nothing else could possibly keep him away from her.

He walked over to the answering machine and pressed play.

"Beep! Michael, where are you, man? I'm dying over here. Hurry up!" A message from Alex.

"Beep! Michael, this is Nasedo. Call me when you get this message. It doesn't matter what time you get it. Call me. I've been contacted."

Michael looked at Maria. "What the -" He began. "Who contacted him?"

Maria picked up the phone and dialed Nasedo's number. She handed the phone to Michael.

"Nasedo, it's Michael. Yes, I got your message. What? How? Not really. Yeah, 15 minutes. Goodbye." Michael hung up the phone.

"What did he want?" Maria asked, noticing the look on Michael's face.

"We have to meet him at the Crashdown in fifteen minutes." He said, grabbing her hand. "Let's go."

"But Michael," Maria started.

Michael turned to Maria. It was then that she noticed his eyes - sad, almost pleading her to come. "Our fathers have contacted him."

Part 10 | Index | Part 12
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.