FanFic - Other
"Gods, Mortals and Roswell, Oh My!"
Part 9
by Erin
Disclaimer: If I owned 'Roswell,' would I be writing fan fiction? (Hey - I don't own the song 'Angel of Mine' either It's by Monica.)
Summary: This a *very* (I repeat, very) AU fic. Basically, the aliens are gods of the Land of Roswell and the humans all find a way to become intertwined in their lives, in some way or another.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: When Melissa posted this challenge, I couldn't turn it down... Melissa's Godly Challenge
1) Must be a silly fic!
2) One of the Roswellians must be a God (like, a REAL God - as in powers, lives on a cloud, etc. That type of stuff. Whatever you think represents a God.)
3) One of the OTHER Roswellians must be their unwilling love interest (ie, Apollo and Daphne, though it DOESN'T have to be that intense.)
4) Someone must wear a toga and a circlet of laurel leaves, ala the ancient Olympics.
5) Naked Marathon is optional.
So, with this in mind, read on and enjoy! Dedication: Well... this goes to Linque, who beta-ed for me and to the comedic people in my life, who crack me up, from the lunch table to school plays... you know who you are. Muchas gracias!

Epilogue: 6 Months Later

* * * * *

The wedding day had finally come.

The Palace of the Gods was bustling with guests and those who were participating in the wedding were running around like there was no tomorrow, perfecting every little thing that was out of place, even the flowers that stuck out a little too far in the aisle and the Bible, which was a little off centered on the stand in the chapel.

The priest had arrived at the palace a little late, stressing out the mother of the bride. But he reassured her that yes, the wedding would begin at the time stated on the invitations.

The groom's tux had finally been changed back to the right color thanks to the powers of Maxwell and Isabel, after he decided that it would be amusing if he got married in a bright white Elvis tuxedo.

And the bride, although she had been stressing out since she woke up that morning, was finally calming down, with the assistance with her best friend and her new-found sister.

The guests were finally making it into the chapel, all surprised that the God of Chaos, the god who once claimed that he would never marry, was getting married that very day.

Yes, it was going to be a very exciting day for the whole land of Roswell, seeing that the last single god at the Palace of Gods was giving himself to a beautiful girl.

And none of them objected, knowing the love that the god held for the girl, and also knowing that if they tried to interfere with the marriage, that his wrath would be struck down upon them and they could end up with anything from their hair being turned blue to being changed into a cow.

* * * * *

An hour later, the wedding was well under way and the vows were almost finished being exchanged.

"Do you, Maria, take Michael to be your lawfully wedded husband, in good times and bad, in sickness and in health, to love, honor, and to cherish for the rest of your life?"

"I do," she whispered, unshed tears of happiness shining in her emerald eyes as she slipped a simple silver ring on the hand of the man she loved with her whole heart.

The priest turned his attention to the man standing next to the beaming bride. "And do you, Michael, take Maria to be your lawfully wedded wife, in good times and bad, in sickness and in health, to love, honor, and to cherish for the rest of your life?"

"I do," he smiled into the eyes of the beautiful woman who stood next to him, as he slipped a diamond ring onto her left ring finger. She smiled back at him and squeezed his hand anxiously, knowing what was going to happen next.

"I now pronounce you man and wife," the priest announced to Michael and Maria and to the many people who had come to see their union.

Turning to Michael, he smiled, knowing that this marriage was truly meant to be, "You may kiss your bride."

With those words, Michael wrapped his arms around her waist and captured his wife's lips in a long, sensuous kiss. As far as they were concerned, they had both gone to heaven.

As the two kissed, the angels sang and danced in joy because of the union of two souls truly in love that they had experienced that day.

Michael and Maria, along with ten vivacious offspring that they produced, never ceased to surprise and to joke with the other gods and the citizens of the land of Roswell, always keeping them on their toes, wondering what the troublemakers of the land were going to do next.

And they lived happily after.

The End!

Part 8 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.