FanFic - Other
"Gods, Mortals and Roswell, Oh My!"
Part 7
by Erin
Disclaimer: If I owned 'Roswell,' would I be writing fan fiction? (Hey - I don't own the song 'Angel of Mine' either It's by Monica.)
Summary: This a *very* (I repeat, very) AU fic. Basically, the aliens are gods of the Land of Roswell and the humans all find a way to become intertwined in their lives, in some way or another.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: When Melissa posted this challenge, I couldn't turn it down... Melissa's Godly Challenge
1) Must be a silly fic!
2) One of the Roswellians must be a God (like, a REAL God - as in powers, lives on a cloud, etc. That type of stuff. Whatever you think represents a God.)
3) One of the OTHER Roswellians must be their unwilling love interest (ie, Apollo and Daphne, though it DOESN'T have to be that intense.)
4) Someone must wear a toga and a circlet of laurel leaves, ala the ancient Olympics.
5) Naked Marathon is optional.
So, with this in mind, read on and enjoy! Dedication: Well... this goes to Linque, who beta-ed for me and to the comedic people in my life, who crack me up, from the lunch table to school plays... you know who you are. Muchas gracias!

Maria straightened her hair while looking in the mirror as she waited for her best friend, Liz, to get out of the bathroom.

"So, chica, what's with you and Michael?" her friend asked as soon as she was out of the bathroom stall, standing next to Maria while washing her hands.

"Nothing is with me and Michael."

"Are you sure?"

"Would I not be sure?"

"Well..."

"Well what?"

"Well, Michael's been stealing these glances at you all night. I was thinking..."

"Oh God!" Maria cried, "I have something in my teeth. Don't I?" and with that, she smiled really big at Liz.

Liz shook her head.

"There's bird poop in my hair?"

"Negative."

"My dress is falling off?"

"Nope."

"I got it!" she finally exclaimed, "He has some kind of power that allows him to have x-ray vision and he can see *under* my dress. I knew I shouldn't have worn these underwear..." she babbled, blushing slightly.

"Maria, calm down."

"Calm down?!? How can I calm down when I'm already *way* too calm?"

"He doesn't have x-ray vision. The only thing you'll have to worry about is him using his powers to change your clothes or something retarded like that."

"Already did that," Maria mumbled under her breath.

"What?"

"Never mind."

"What I was saying was that I think that Michael kinda likes you..." Liz suggested as she straightened her dress in front of the gold plated, jeweled mirror.

"Really?" Maria asked dreamily.

Liz smiled at her. "Yes, really."

Maria giggled and Liz did so too, in return.

After their laughter had died down, Maria spoke. "Why don't we get back to the table? Isn't it about time for Alex to be introduced as the God of Technology."

"Sounds good to me," Liz grinned as she grabbed her best friend's arm.

They trotted out of the golden bathroom together to face their boys at the table.

* * * * *

The Big Man cleared his throat as he walked up to the podium.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he spoke clearly into the microphone, "Today has been a very special day. Today, a goddess and a mortal have vowed to spend the rest of their lives together in love. These two have shown that they truly love each other through their actions and kind words. I know that this marriage will form a strong bond between the two and through this, they will fall deeper in love with each other. And I am so pleased to present to you… Alex and Isabel."

The crowd cheered wildly as the grinning newly weds climbed up on the stage together, hand in hand.

Alex smiled warmly at all the people clapping for him while Isabel grabbed the microphone.

"Hello!" she greeted everyone cheerfully.

"Hello!" the crowd simultaneously called back to her.

"I just wanted to thank everyone for coming tonight and it makes me so pleased..." her voice was cut off by a loud bang of thunder.

All of a sudden, a rain cloud formed over Isabel and Alex's heads and the rain came pouring down on top of them gallons at a time.

Isabel frowned out into the crowd as she felt her perfect hair, makeup, and dress get drenched by this sudden downpour.

"Michael!" she exclaimed as she took to her feet, marching down the stairs and storming over to her surrogate brother's table, the rain cloud quickly following behind her.

"Make it stop!" she cried once she reached the table.

"Why, Isabel, what's happened to your makeup? Your hair? Oh my gosh, your dress!" Michael mockingly gasped.

"I am in *no* mood to joke, Mister. Change it back now.. or else!"

He smirked.

"I mean it," she exclaimed.

Another clap of thunder rang throughout the room and the rain cloud disappeared. Isabel's hair, makeup, and dress went back to normal.

"Thank you," Isabel snapped at Michael, who was still smirking mischievously at her, and walked carefully through the puddles back to the stage, where Alex was standing patiently.

When she was back at the microphone and podium, she began to speak, again. "I'm sorry for that little… aberration. I am just up here to thank everyone for being so supportive of me through this process and I wanted to thank each and every one of you for making it to our wedding, despite the short notice." She quirked a grin at her audience. "And now, I think everyone is ready for Alex to become the God of Technology."

The crowd whooped and hollered at her last statement.

Isabel grabbed Alex's hand and they moved aside for the Big Man, who was making his way to the podium and the microphone.

"My dear friends and family, today, we are honored and so excited to have another member added to our family," he said while smiling warmly at the couple standing beside him, "And now is the perfect time for us to welcome the new God of Technology to the Kingdom of Roswell!"

With those last words, he revealed a wine cup and a bowl of a sticky substance and placed them in front of Alex, who had sat down at the table next to the podium with Isabel by his side.

"In eating this ambrosia and in drinking the nectar, the food and drink of the gods, Alex will become the God of Technology!"

Alex just stared at the food placed in front of him.

"I have to eat this?" he whispered in disgust to his goddess, who was still clutching his hand while sitting next to him.

"It's not that bad, trust me," she quipped, "And besides, you'll be immortal once you eat it."

So with Isabel's words of encouragement, plus the shrieks of excitement from the guests, Alex drank the glass of nectar and ate the sweet ambrosia, thus becoming the God of Technology.

As he stood up, the Big Man greeted him with an open hand.

"Welcome to the family, son."

* * * * *

The music drifted over all of the guests, entrancing each one.

"Do you want to dance?" Max asked Liz, whose eyes were sparkling in answer.

He reached for her hand and took it, leading her out onto the dance floor, leaving Michael and Maria alone at the table.

"So..." Maria began.

"So?" he ran his hands through his already wild hair, making it stand up even more. She also noticed that it was beginning to change into a green color, too.

She laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"Your... hair..." she gasped between giggles.

"What about it?" he asked, obviously annoyed.

"It's turning green... and you just made it spikier..."

"Green?"

He cursed under his breath something about Isabel and payback and wiggled his nose at the same time.

There was a crash of thunder and all of a sudden, Maria was standing in only her underclothes. And her face was turning redder by the second as all the guests turned to see what the commotion was all about.

"Oops," he laughed out loud. "Wrong one."

He twitched his nose again and Maria was wearing her ball gown again.

"Thank God!" she exclaimed. "But aren't you going to fix your hair?"

"You know what?" he said in a softer tone, surprising her, "Why don't we dance? I don't really care about my hair right now."

She smiled warmly at him as he took her hand.

When I first saw you I already knew There was something inside of you Something I thought that I would never find Angel of mine

He led her onto the dance floor as the song was just beginning.

People were beginning to couple up and he could see both Alex and Isabel and Max and Liz dancing very closely.

As he wrapped his arms around Maria's waist and her arms automatically reached up to his neck, a rare bright smile crossed his face.

Maybe this would work out.

I look at you looking at me
Now I know why they say the best things are free
Gonna love you boy you are so fine
Angel of mine

"Max! Look!" Liz exclaimed softly into Max's ear.

"Look at what?" Max asked in question.

Was he missing something?

"Michael and Maria are dancing. Look, over there," she pointed to the far edge of the dance floor and sure enough, Michael and Maria were dancing to the song.

How you changed my world you'll never know
I'm here for now, you helped me grow
You came into my life
Sent from above
When I lost the hope
You show my love
I'm checkin for you
Boy you're right on time
Angel of mine

Maria swayed in Michael's arms slowly to the soothing music.

She loved this song.

"Having fun?" he asked gruffly, smirking down at the pixie girl that he held in his arms.

"I love this... this is one of my favorite songs," she smiled back.

'Yes,' Michael's mind confirmed, everything *was* going to work out wonderfully with Maria.

Nothing means more to me then what we share
No one in this world can ever compare
Last night the way you moved is still on my mind
Angel of mine

Isabel was in heaven.

She loved dancing with her boyf... husband.

She loved dancing with her husband.

She smiled up at him.

He smiled back down at her, placing a soft kiss on her shoulder.

"Have you seen Michael and Maria lately?" he asked, fear evident in his eyes.

He was obviously worried about Maria's safety with Michael, Isabel realized and she laughed, pointing to the corner of the dance floor.

To where Michael and Maria were dancing.

"Does that answer your question?"

What you mean to me you'll never know
Deep inside I need to show
You came into my life
Sent from above
When I lost the hope
You show my love
I'm checkin for you
Boy you're right on time
Angel of mine

Michael kept his eyes on the woman that he held in his arms as they danced around and around the dance floor.

He didn't want to admit it, but he was falling in love with her.

With this mortal girl.

With a beautiful mortal girl, at that.

He couldn't believe it, either, and he was sure that Isabel and Max, along with Alex and Liz, were going to be at his neck in the morning with questions about his night.

Hell, Liz had been right.

He had found the 'one.'

I never knew I could feel each moment
As if they were new
Every breath that I take
The love that we make
I only share it with you
You, You, You, You

"I cannot believe that he is dancing with her," Max muttered to his fiancee as he watched his best friend and her best friend dancing on the other side of the dance floor.

"Are you really that surprised, though?"

"What?"

"I mean, I could see this coming. You noticed that Michael was giving her all those looks tonight and Maria totally denied anything in the bathroom so..." her voice drifted off as he leaned closer to her and passionately kissed her babbling lips.

When I first saw you I already knew
There was something inside of you
Something I thought that I would never find
Angel of mine

Maria loved dancing here... in his strong arms.

"Michael, are you having fun?"

He quirked an eyebrow.

"Seriously, are you having fun right now?"

No answer.

"Are you having fun... with me?" was her last hope.

In answer, he tilted her chin up to his face and captured her lips in a soft, hungry kiss that left her with a feeling of awe when he pulled back, smirking at her.

"I'll take that as a yes," she laughed as she wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned her head against his chest, listening to the beating of his immortal heart.

You came into my life
Sent from above
When I lost the hope
You show my love
I'm checkin for you
Boy you're right on time
Angel of mine

Isabel smiled as she watched the other couples on the dance floor kissing.

She had known that something would happen between Michael and Maria if she got them together without them killing eachother first.

Damn, she was good.

"Izzy?"

"Hmm?" she muttered dreamily.

"All the cool kids are doing it... why not join into the crowd?" he joked, motioning to Michael and Maria, then to Max and Liz.

She giggled and reached up, kissing his lips softly and immediately realized that she was so lucky to be married to such a wonderful guy.

How you changed my world you'll never know
I'm here for now you helped me grow
I look at you looking at me
Now I know why they say the best things are free
Checkin' for you boy you're right on time
Angel of mine

As the song ended, Michael looked down at Maria with a mischievous glint shining in his eyes.

"What are you planning to do?" she asked curiously, not wanting to be left out of his plans.

"Looks like you're about to find out," he smirked as he took her by the hand and led her silently up to his room, with her giggling all the way as she followed him.

* * * * *

And this absence did not go unnoticed by the guests, who were whispering amongst themselves, wondering where the mighty God of Chaos had gone with his date.

Most assured that he had taken her back home but Alex and Isabel, who had been standing by the doorway at the time of the other couple's departure, had heard the giggles of Maria and knew that it could only mean one thing.

A smirk passed between the newly-weds.

What would the people of Roswell give to hear about this new happening?

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.